PDA

View Full Version : Need help making custom template?

171akup
2013-08-21, 09:34 PM
I want to make a custom half celestial half fiend LA 0 neutral character I want to combine the 2 templates and add some penalties and get rid of some bonuses so it can be balanced. Plz and thank you. :smallbiggrin:

AuraTwilight
2013-08-22, 02:53 AM
So what exactly do you want it to RETAIN, and what do you want it to LOSE?

171akup
2013-08-22, 03:07 AM
So what exactly do you want it to RETAIN, and what do you want it to LOSE?

I want it to retain flying the special abilities /qualities I will probably have charisma -4 to -6 so it can be kept balanced and it will lose its ability score bonus lose the LA and then take away the skills it gains from the la . :smallbiggrin:

AuraTwilight
2013-08-22, 04:15 AM
Size and Type: Both turn you into Native Outsiders.

Speed: Both give wings that grant twice your land speed at good maneuverability.

AC: Both give +1 natural armor.

Special Attacks: Celestial gives Daylight and Smite Evil, Fiend gives two claw attacks and a bite attack, and Smite Good.

Both give large lists of Spell-like Abilities scaling with HD.

Special Qualities: Both give 60 ft. darkvision, celestial give disease immunity, fiend gives poison immunity. Both give resistance 10 to Electricity, Cold, and Acid, and Fiend gives Fire 10 as well.

Both give damage reduction/magic. Both treat natural weapons as magic weapons for overcoming damage resistance. Both give Spell resistance. Celestial gives a +4 bonus against poison.

Celestials give Str +4, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +2, Wis +4, Cha +4
Fiends give Str +4, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +4, Cha +2

So...what are you deleting, here? Even if we keep the special abilities and qualities with a negative Charisma penalty, there is absolutely no way in hell this is an LA +0 template.

171akup
2013-08-22, 10:55 AM
Size and Type: Both turn you into Native Outsiders.

Speed: Both give wings that grant twice your land speed at good maneuverability.

AC: Both give +1 natural armor.

Special Attacks: Celestial gives Daylight and Smite Evil, Fiend gives two claw attacks and a bite attack, and Smite Good.

Both give large lists of Spell-like Abilities scaling with HD.

Special Qualities: Both give 60 ft. darkvision, celestial give disease immunity, fiend gives poison immunity. Both give resistance 10 to Electricity, Cold, and Acid, and Fiend gives Fire 10 as well.

Both give damage reduction/magic. Both treat natural weapons as magic weapons for overcoming damage resistance. Both give Spell resistance. Celestial gives a +4 bonus against poison.

Celestials give Str +4, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +2, Wis +4, Cha +4
Fiends give Str +4, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +4, Cha +2

So...what are you deleting, here? Even if we keep the special abilities and qualities with a negative Charisma penalty, there is absolutely no way in hell this is an LA +0 template.

Well we could get rid of the ability bonuses. The DR and the resistance we could probably reduce or get rid of. Also we can get rid of the AC. Now the spell like abilities i have no idea what to do with that.

Studoku
2013-08-22, 01:16 PM
Does this actually have to be a template or do you want an LA 0 race?

A balanced LA 0 template isn't balanced against other races. It is balanced against other LA 0 templates and, more importantly, balanced against simply not taking the template.

An LA 0 race, on the other hand, can be about as strong as human. If you want wings and other abilities on a template, you will need to end up with severe downsides to compensate. A race gives us more to work with.

Even as a race, wings + native outsider is already very strong (Bear in mind the native outsider type is what pushes planetouched into LA +1). Wings would probably need to be limited until after you have 5hd (Raptorans do this and they're pretty much the only LA 0 flyer.

You're not going to get Natural Armor, DR, Elemental Resistance or Spell Resistance at LA 0- not with everything else you want. I'll work on something though.

171akup
2013-08-22, 01:55 PM
Does this actually have to be a template or do you want an LA 0 race?

A balanced LA 0 template isn't balanced against other races. It is balanced against other LA 0 templates and, more importantly, balanced against simply not taking the template.

An LA 0 race, on the other hand, can be about as strong as human. If you want wings and other abilities on a template, you will need to end up with severe downsides to compensate. A race gives us more to work with.

Even as a race, wings + native outsider is already very strong (Bear in mind the native outsider type is what pushes planetouched into LA +1). Wings would probably need to be limited until after you have 5hdu
(Raptorans do this and they're pretty much the only LA 0 flyer.

You're not going to get Natural Armor, DR, Elemental Resistance or Spell Resistance at LA 0- not with everything else you want. I'll work on something though.

I know I have to take severe penalties my ability score bonus is gone and I am taking a major penalty to charisma and also I need to have a description of what celestial/fiend wings would look like. Also I do not know what to do with the spell like abilities and what about the immunity to disease and poison.

Studoku
2013-08-22, 03:09 PM
I know I have to take severe penalties my ability score bonus is gone and I am taking a major penalty to charisma and also I need to have a description of what celestial/fiend wings would look like. Also I do not know what to do with the spell like abilities and what about the immunity to disease and poison.
You're not going to get the immunities and certainly not the spell like abilities. Not on an LA 0 race, much less a template. It doesn't matter how many charisma penalties you put on it.

You're already getting wings and an extremely strong type. That's already pushing it.