PDA

View Full Version : Family Buisness?

ChaosArchon
2013-08-22, 01:07 PM
Tarquin had Elan and Haley come up and chat because he said it had to do with the family buisness, but what have they discussed that was so private? It didn't seem like Tarquin had planned to execute Nake yet, so they were just going to talk about the gates and what they would do now. Why couldn't Roy or Belkar join them? What am i missing?

Synesthesy
2013-08-22, 01:09 PM
Maybe Tarquin think that Elan is the leader.

Roland Itiative
2013-08-22, 01:18 PM
Tarquin definitely knows Roy is the leader of the Order. During the whole conflict they had recently, he attributed every action of the team to Greenhilt (for instance, he tells Nale Roy really stepped up to the challenge during that ambush they made).

He just prefers dealing with his son, probably because he find Elan easier to manipulate (and it's more dramatically appropriate, being his son). Or he will actually make some sort of big family-related reveal, and just hasn't gotten to that yet. He did bring the dramatic reveal army, after all.

Ramien
2013-08-22, 01:22 PM
He's still thinking in terms of his story. He knows Elan better than the other members, and knows that as a bard, he should be more... accepting of using the needs of the story as reasons for why things should be done. Which is going to end up causing plenty of trouble for him in the long run, given that we've been seeing signs of Elan forgoing 'tradition' in favor of doing the right thing.

dps
2013-08-22, 05:08 PM
It seems pretty clear to me. Look at what he told Nale: "I'm trying to manipulate your brother into tacitly accepting my authority." He wants his sons to accept his authority because that is "family business".