PDA

View Full Version : Can't look at other's past posts or threads

dragonjek
2013-08-22, 03:38 PM
Hiya.

When I move my cursor over someone and that little drop-down list appears, and I try to click on the "view more posts" option, the site says I'm not allowed to do so. The same happens when I go to their profile and try to look at their posts or threads with those links down there.

I understand that in some sites I might not be able to do so because I haven't achieved enough to earn that as a privilege--but I've used it before when I was trying to hunt down old homebrews created that haven't been put in [person]'s signature.

If this is explained on another thread somewhere, I apologize for wasting your time. (I'm really bad at finding things.)

Mystic Muse
2013-08-22, 03:53 PM
This site's server has a lot of load on it, and a new better server costs more than they can afford right now, so they have to keep as much strain off it as possible. They really hate to take away the search function (Which is what the look at other posts thing is tied to) far more than it inconveniences anyone else here, but they have to right now for the sake of the server.

Anima
2013-08-22, 04:35 PM
Actually the problem is that after the last forum maintenance rebuilding the search index would lead to several days of downtime. Therefore the search function and everything that depends on it like the past posts by user or the own post list are indefinitely unavailable.
Rawhide explained what happened here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257651)

Silverraptor
2013-08-22, 04:48 PM
The mods may want to put some kind of FAQ sticky thread explaining this and any other issues. It might reduce the amount of "What happened to this?" threads.

Roland St. Jude
2013-08-22, 06:57 PM
Sheriff: The Search function and all "find all..." features that rely on it have been temporarily but indefinitely disabled. We'll return it as soon as feasible.