PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Sniper Feats [FEAT]

Duke of URL
2006-12-18, 02:22 PM
Bandit Archer [General Feat]
Your keen archery abilities allow you to stike unprotected areas from a greater distance.
Prerequisites: Weapon Focus in a ranged weapon, Point Blank Shot, DEX 21+, Sneak Attack 5d6
Benefits: Maximum range for a ranged sneak attack increases by 30' to 60'; weapon must be used within one range increment of target (e.g., a sling has a range increment of 50', so with this feat, its maximum sneak attack range would be 50', not 60')
Special: May be taken in lieu of a Rogue special ability.

Bandit Sniper [General Feat]
A steady aim allows you to find vital spots even from a distance away.
Prerequisites: Weapon Focus in a ranged weapon, Point Blank Shot, Crippling Strike
Benefits: On ranged sneak attack, target subject to Crippling Strike penalties as if struck by a melee sneak attack.
Special: May be taken in lieu of a Rogue special ability.

Tracersmith
2006-12-18, 03:06 PM
I recommend
1 you add a prereq to of sneak attack (more then just rogues have sneek att) instead of making it a rogue feat only.

2 add it to the list of rogue bonus feats like fighter bonus feats.

Sahegian
2006-12-18, 03:09 PM
I think they look pretty good. I'd limit the first one to one time feat. You might put something about not being able to have a max range higher than max range of the weapon, but that should be implicitly understood anyhow.

There are similar benefits given by some prestige classes in Complete Warrior or Complete Adventurer. I don't have the books in front of me to give quotes, but if you've got them handy you might take a peek and see if you find anything useful.

Were-Sandwich
2006-12-18, 03:10 PM
Rogue bonus feats?

Duke of URL
2006-12-18, 03:25 PM
Suggestions incorporated to Bandit Archer. Also made Bandit Sniper a general feat instead of Rogue bonus feat only.

Tormsskull
2006-12-18, 03:27 PM
First, cool name. Duke, duke, duke, duke of URL, URL, URL :smalltongue:.

Second, looks ok to me.

Tracersmith
2006-12-18, 03:51 PM
Sandwich Is right there is no "bonus" rogue feats

StickMan
2006-12-18, 04:26 PM
These look good to me. I see no issue witht them.

Miles Invictus
2006-12-18, 05:21 PM
The Rogue can take a bonus feat instead of a special ability at 10th, 13th, 16th, or 19th level.

ishi
2006-12-18, 05:30 PM
I think that Far Shot would be a more appropriate prerequisite than Point Blank Shot for these feats.

Duke of URL
2006-12-18, 06:13 PM
I think that Far Shot would be a more appropriate prerequisite than Point Blank Shot for these feats.

I considered that, but rejected it since we're still talking about a single range increment.

Tracersmith
2006-12-18, 06:35 PM
Im sorry I hadn't looked that far up the table Miles. TY for the correction