PDA

View Full Version : Making an Optimized Archer

SinjinStormcrow
2013-08-22, 04:02 PM
So I agreed to help out a friend with his game which is set in a homebrew world. He actually wants it to be cheesed out as much as possible w/o having things like the almighty Pun-Pun stumping around. No evil though neutral is fine. He assigned 18, 17, 15, 14, 12 & 11 for stats as well as then having 4 points to place where I want, no scores over 18, then apply racial and/or template modifiers. His exact rules for creating a character is as follows...You can use any Wizards of the Coast 3.5 material except: Nothing from third party sources, Nothing from Dungeon/Dragon magazine, You can use level buyoff and variant classes from Unearthed Arcana, otherwise, ask, You can use any of the races/classes/prestige classes from any of the WoTC Campaign Settings for 3.5, no need to ask. Ask about web enhancements. The game will start at level 7 and like a good supportive player I asked what he wanted from me....He said the group lacks ranged fire.

Now I have been racking my brains for a few weeks and have done my research on ranged characters. I even put together a similar build to RadicalTaoist's Arrow demon build(yes I have played for awhile just have been out of it for a bit), a halfling ninja machine gun build, even a ranger/scout build but I just can't decide of a build. I don't want to be subpar though I am pretty sure I maybe able to optimize a little better than the other players.

What I am looking for is a ranged build that can maintain its power from the beginning to higher levels. I already know the group has an omnificier type of character that can do traps but I'd like to be able to easily bust traps (no not run into them to set them off). Also a build that if needed could stand alone. I don't want to have an Arcane Archer or an initiate of the Bow (I really think both are traps. I know my logic is strange but I tend to be a ninja that way). If anyone feels up to the challenge feel free to list the build. I also admit that my abbreviations for books is rusty.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you. BTW B4 anyone says it I did look on several boards and nothing really appealed to be (yeah I can be strange and eccentric..again thats just my logic.)