View Full Version : Granting Spells?

Weiser_Cain
2013-08-22, 06:53 PM
Are there any classes or feats that allow PC to grant spells?

I want a (hopefully non-deity, not yet anyway) character with a cult.

Urpriest
2013-08-22, 06:54 PM
Fiend of Blasphemy is the only explicit way to do this. It's from the Fiend Folio.

Otherwise, your clerics, like most cultists, will be Clerics of a Cause.

Piggy Knowles
2013-08-22, 06:55 PM
One of the "Fiend of..." classes in Fiend Folio does, IIRC. You know, the one that's not Fiend of Possession or the succubus one. I'm completely blanking on its name right now, but it's a perfect fit for someone starting a cult. If no one else chimes in, I'll edit in the name of the class when I get home and can check my books.

EDIT: Ninja'd Urpriest'd. Fiend of Blasphemy is the one I was thinking of.

Weiser_Cain
2013-08-22, 07:10 PM
Thanks, both of you, but that's for fiends...

Also, the cause is "I am awesome".

Urpriest
2013-08-22, 08:10 PM

That's completely allowed as a cause, though unless you're a Thrallherd or something I doubt you'll find many converts.

qwertyu63
2013-08-22, 08:17 PM

If your game is open to homebrew, check my extended homebrew sig for the Godling. It is a 10 level class that rises to the power of godhood, and can grant spells from level 1.

HearTheRequiem
2013-08-22, 08:36 PM
I know it's not a class or feat, but Imbue With Spell Ability is a level 4 Cleric spell that lets you give people spells.

Radar
2013-08-23, 02:42 AM
You can also do a lot of interesting things with psionics - especially with Psychic Reformation and Psychic Chirurgery.

Piggy Knowles
2013-08-23, 08:15 AM

True, although dretches and kaorti are both fairly low-level playable outsiders with the evil subtype, and can qualify for Fiend of Blasphemy fairly easily. Alternatively, any outsider (neraph, tiefling, human with the Otherworldly feat, etc.) can use the Ritual of Alignment in Savage Species to pick up the evil subtype for a moderate GP cost.

Pickford
2013-08-23, 12:58 PM

Psionics iirc.; Spellthief, sort of in reverse however.