PDA

View Full Version : Magic items for mission control?

qwertyu63
2013-08-22, 07:32 PM
I am making a character who acts as mission control. I am having trouble spending their WBL. Any ideas?

I have 14,560 8560 gp left. I already have communication to people in the field, a safe place to work from, and a crystal ball.

Thiyr
2013-08-22, 07:35 PM
Depending on how many people are in the party, a bracelet of friends with one fewer charm on it could be a good choice. the emergency safety net for when you KNOW its going to get too ugly for them.

qwertyu63
2013-08-22, 07:50 PM
Depending on how many people are in the party, a bracelet of friends with one fewer charm on it could be a good choice. the emergency safety net for when you KNOW its going to get too ugly for them.

Great idea, but sadly this won't work for fluff reasons (that and the party is too big).

Galvin
2013-08-22, 08:25 PM
Daern's instant fortress: portable mission control

Crystal ball: watch 'em.

Get an artificer to make a custom word or recall item, and pass them out. Set the recall point to your base. Otherwise, having them all use scrolls of Gemjump and you carrying around the gems.

Wizard or Artificer could make a good mission control character, as this build sorta relys on items, no class skills. A diviner could be useful, as they could use magics to look ahead and find out what their gonna be facing, and then cast a scroll of Sending to quickly relay info.

You could Magic Jar a critter and so you could have a representative within the party.

Having a familiar or animal companion could help. As you could send the familiar around with the party and have it mentally relay info when divination castings are blocked.