PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Spellslinger; Help me build. (Please)

HereBeMonsters
2013-08-22, 07:52 PM
Hello ladies and gentlemen of the Playground.

My GM has informed me that we are getting new members into our group and as such he wants to start a campaign to introduce them to Pathfinder and our group (Our regular Campaign is a little involved right now and New members might feel neglected since they wouldn't have the stakes involved.)

He has suggested Gestalt characters might be allowed as long as they are reasonable and not insanely cheesy or OMGLOOKATME style.

I wanted to try the Spellslinger out but I am not sure with all the catches that it might come with some series issues. The giving up Cantrips is a big hit and of course I have never played the spellcaster who has to prep his spells daily (I am typically the Bard, so light spell casting experience but nothing too bad)

I am thinking this is gonna be a Blaster/SaveorSuck build with some mild utility use outside of shooting people with my Outlaw Star style Caster Shots (GM is a huge fan of the series and so will likely let me slide on a bit more then most, Yay when the Favoritism works in your favor!)

I was thinking either Multi Classing or straight up Gestalting, or maybe just a dip intoa Gestalt.

At least 1 level into Wizard(Spellslinger) is needed.

I was considering Sorcerer to offset the loss of Cantrips and they do pull from the same spell lists so I am effectively doubling my spells (Gestalt).
Or a Gunslinder to give me the Deeds and perks from the good things it gives to my Arcane Gun.

Or is there other classes that would work well? I saw in some advice thread on another board that it might be possible to do a healing shot using the casting through the gun part, sounded interesting.

BTW if I cast through my gun could I fire the gun as a regular attack in the same round? I never had to think of this before sorry.

We are starting lvl 1 but I wouldn't refuse help with a few levels into a build/

BTW this does not need to be Super Optimized, just effective and fun. I don't want to steal the glory or be the most bad ass guy at the table, I just want to be effective in the long haul.

P.S: My friend was suggesting a Jedi Build... a Soulknife/Psion Gestalt... does that at all have potential to be good? I mean Melee and Ranged don't tend to mesh well and I would rather tell him now instead of waiting till we are at the table to rip it apart.