PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Heritage Amusement

Baroncognito
2013-08-22, 08:32 PM
Aasimar has the racial trait Scion of Humanity. A character with the Scion of Humanity trait counts as a Human for feat prerequisites and spells and whatnot.

Racial Heritage is a feat that requires human has a prerequisite. It allows you to take any humanoid race and you count as it for any feat prerequisites and whatnot.

So, it's possible to make a character that counts as an Aasimar, a human, and one other race.

Now, I have an affinity for Kobolds, but the only think I can think of to do with a Aasimar/Human/Kobold is grab Tail Terror and Metallic Wings, then buy a Ring of Rat fangs, a Helm of the Mammoth Lords, and then just have a whole lot of natural attacks, maybe go Ranger and grab some claw attacks.

What would be best for the third race?

What class would you suggest.

I like the idea of making an Oracle with the Ancestor Mystery, just for the idea of Kobolds, Aasimars, and Humans all giving the Oracle insight into the world.

However, A sorcerer with the Orc bloodline gains the Orc subtype, and I'm wondering if that means the the character would also count as an orc as well? Even if I didn't take the orc subtype, having a sorcerer bloodline seems to throw an entirely new heritage into the mix. But then, maybe I could just take Eldritch heritage for that.

Keneth
2013-08-22, 08:38 PM
While I find this quite amusing in theory, if any of my players tried this in an actual game, they would get a slap on the back of the head. It's about as ridiculous as human crossblooded orc/draconic sorcerers, or creatures with two half-x templates.

grarrrg
2013-08-22, 09:29 PM
However, A sorcerer with the Orc bloodline gains the Orc subtype, and I'm wondering if that means the the character would also count as an orc as well? Even if I didn't take the orc subtype, having a sorcerer bloodline seems to throw an entirely new heritage into the mix. But then, maybe I could just take Eldritch heritage for that.

No, no...
You need Crossblooded Sorcerer AND Eldritch Heritage. SIX racial ancestries.

While I find this quite amusing in theory, if any of my players tried this in an actual game, they would get a slap on the back of the head. It's about as ridiculous as human crossblooded orc/draconic sorcerers,

Ridiculous? Quite.
Useful? Not so much.

or creatures with two half-x templates.
Now this is more ridiculous from the usefulness/powergaming aspect of things.
As for being "three halves" of something, that's more because "half" really means "significant ancestry" and not strictly 50/50.

Baroncognito
2013-08-22, 09:37 PM
No, no...
You need Crossblooded Sorcerer AND Eldritch Heritage. SIX racial ancestries.

"Yes, the family motto is: 'Well, we haven't tried breeding with THAT yet.'"

Or perhaps:

House Kirk and its motto "To boldy go."

Erik Vale
2013-08-22, 10:14 PM
"Yes, the family motto is: 'Well, we haven't tried breeding with THAT yet.'"

*dies laughing*
I think I might subscribe this.

Cog
2013-08-22, 11:11 PM
Azata-blooded Aasimar combined with Goblin makes for a really lethal Dawnflower Dervish bard; Azata-blooded gives you good stats for Bard, Aasimar's favored class bonus pumps your already-accelerated Inspire Courage bonus, and Goblins have a feat that gets your IC bonus (+12 before items at 20th) added to your saves as well. Goblin opens up some other really good feats as well.

While I find this quite amusing in theory, if any of my players tried this in an actual game, they would get a slap on the back of the head. It's about as ridiculous as human crossblooded orc/draconic sorcerers, or creatures with two half-x templates.
What if they just wanted to represent being an Aasimar-version of the third race? The current rules require going through Human to get there.

Baroncognito
2013-08-22, 11:22 PM
Azata-blooded Aasimar combined with Goblin makes for a really lethal Dawnflower Dervish bard; Azata-blooded gives you good stats for Bard, Aasimar's favored class bonus pumps your already-accelerated Inspire Courage bonus, and Goblins have a feat that gets your IC bonus (+12 before items at 20th) added to your saves as well. Goblin opens up some other really good feats as well. Cool, that sounds interesting.

What if they just wanted to represent being an Aasimar-version of the third race? The current rules require going through Human to get there.
Unfortunately, even with racial heritage: Goblin, you'd still look human.

With Racial Heritage: Kitsune you could take a feat to change into a fox.