PDA

View Full Version : Need help on search on forum

EvilPig
2013-08-23, 04:20 AM
Hello everyone,

I am exploring the forum but i cant see any tool for search topics.
Anyone can tell me if is possible and how?

Thanks in advice.

Keris
2013-08-23, 04:27 AM
Unfortunately, this site's own search feature is temporarily (but indefinitely) disabled.

I recommend using Google and adding the keyword 'site:giantitp.com/forums/' to limit results to just the GitP forums. Other search engines likely have similar keywords available as well.

EvilPig
2013-08-23, 04:31 AM
Another info please...

Can i browse older pages also? I see there are "only" 36 pages in section where i am looking and cant find a older post i did long time ago

Iruka
2013-08-23, 05:07 AM
In the lower left corner of the forums you can find the display options. Switch to Show threads "From the beginning".

Very old posts may have been deleted during a clean up.

Keris
2013-08-23, 05:28 AM
In addition, you can change the default thread cut-off setting by going to your User CP (there's a link at the top left of each forum page), choosing 'Edit Options', and then scrolling down to 'Default Thread Age Cut Off'.

What can also be handy for keeping track of your posts is subscribing to threads you post it. You can do this manually for each post by changing the Notification Type under 'Thread Subscription' beneath the reply text box, or automatically by changing the Default Thread Subscription Mode in the options of your User CP.

Roland St. Jude
2013-08-23, 08:40 AM
In addition, you can change the default thread cut-off setting by going to your User CP (there's a link at the top left of each forum page), choosing 'Edit Options', and then scrolling down to 'Default Thread Age Cut Off'.

Sheriff: Things said above are true. Except please don't do this one quoted thing, or if you do, please reset it when you're done. If everyone is loading 50% more threads at once, that's bad.