PDA

View Full Version : Purple Dragon Options

Ruethgar
2013-08-23, 12:03 PM
Anyone know if there were ever any options printed for purple dragons such as their half-dragon breath weapon and immunity, or their draconic heritage energy type, skills and spells?

Feilith
2013-08-23, 12:06 PM
Not that I know of. Dracronomicon would be my best guess, but homebrewing one wouldn't be too tricky. Add some red dragon and some blue dragon stuff. Make the breath half of each type, give it half and half resistance etc.

Keynub
2013-08-23, 12:12 PM
There's an Amethyst Dragon in the MM2.

I think that's the closest you'll find to a true Purple Dragon, short of homebrew.

Ruethgar
2013-08-23, 12:23 PM
The purple dragon has 3 types of breath weapon, all energy so no resistance. They have no immunities and are the only chromatic to learn magic at young that I know of. Purples have 10 more charisma than a gold, equal strength but are a tad less intelligent and wise. They are slower, but get a borrow speed.

Edit: It isn't a question of making a purple dragon, I want to know if there were any options for the PC decedents of purple dragons such as half dragon breath, draconic heritage, dragon shaman etcetera.

Urpriest
2013-08-23, 12:27 PM
There's a Purple Dragon in Dragon Compendium, with a breath weapon of "pure energy". As far as I know, there isn't any support for them in the form of Half-Dragons etc.

That said, if you're thinking about Forgotten Realms' Purple Dragons, they aren't literal dragons, they're just a metaphor.
Edit: Apparently you were thinking of the former.

Ruethgar
2013-08-23, 01:38 PM
Feared it wasn't supported. How do these look?

Draconic Heritage

Energy
Skill
Spells

None
Intimidate
Gust of Wind, Fire Shield, Suggestion

Dragon Shaman

Alignment
Skills
Adaptation
Breath

LN, LE, NE
Diplomacy, Hide, Sense Motive
Camouflage: as the spell at will, half as effective in bright light
Blade Breath: half breath weapon damage as melee touch attack, allows iterative attacks, untyped magical damage(no associated immunity, resistance aura is fire)

Half-Dragon

Immunity
Breathe

None
30ft Cone of Searing Energy(untyped magical damage)

Fax Celestis
2013-08-23, 01:45 PM
I could've swore there was an expanded table for those in Draconomicon or RotD or something.

Urpriest
2013-08-23, 03:24 PM
I could've swore there was an expanded table for those in Draconomicon or RotD or something.

Neither would contain Dragon Magazine Compendium content though.

Fax Celestis
2013-08-23, 03:32 PM
Oh, good point.

Larkas
2013-08-23, 03:36 PM
I could've swore there was an expanded table for Orange, Purple and Yellow dragons somewhere in Dragon Compendium, though. Maybe in the errata?