PDA

View Full Version : MiTD kills Red Cloak

DiamondHooHaMan
2013-08-23, 12:18 PM
my bet is the second O-Chul dies, X and his team are beyond screwed. as much as i love him, he faces Red Cloak and X in the final battle? not only is he dead, but those two are likely to hurt him bad in the progress because thats what they do to Paladins.
this all is pretty obvious. but i can see Red Cloak going out this way because he has no respect for our shadowy friend. he won't ever even consider him as a threat no matter how much MiTD shouts "you killed my best friend"
plus it would be really satisfying.

thoughts?

Nemeean_lion
2013-08-23, 12:27 PM
My thoughts: Care to make a wager (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298504)? :smallcool:

DiamondHooHaMan
2013-08-23, 02:57 PM
i just 200 bet on it then :)

Fitzclowningham
2013-08-23, 03:06 PM
I think he'll try, at least, because of the geas that X put on him in SOD. It's such an obvious Chekov's gun, aimed at one of the most central characters, that I'd guess something will prevent it from happening.

DiamondHooHaMan
2013-08-23, 03:09 PM
.......see this is why i'm annoyed i haven't read the books. i miss stuff.

Kish
2013-08-23, 03:09 PM
...Read them all then?

DiamondHooHaMan
2013-08-23, 03:17 PM
would if i could but am poor so i can not. but that idea did occur to me :smallsmile:

137beth
2013-08-23, 07:09 PM
Yea, but maybe the thing in the spoiler will help convince the MitD, that Xykon really is a manipulative evil jerk. I mean, that's pretty much the definition of manipulative:smalltongue:

Valanarch
2013-08-23, 07:38 PM
For this to be possible, it would have to be possible to kill O-Chul.

ThePhantasm
2013-08-23, 08:21 PM
For this to be possible, it would have to be possible to kill O-Chul.

Theory disproven.

DiamondHooHaMan
2013-08-24, 04:38 AM
Theory disproven.

i.... but... you can't.

actually that's a damn fine point. i stand corrected.

Synesthesy
2013-08-24, 04:50 AM
I think that Reddy is too smart to not have think something to fight against MitD. MitD is strong, but not so clever. I think that Reddy could - at least - stop it from fighting.

And don't forget that MitD could be gooder then they think. I don't think that MitD would ever harm anyone. He just wish to be loved, and enlighted.

Winter Light
2013-08-24, 05:34 AM
And don't forget that MitD could be gooder then they think. I don't think that MitD would ever harm anyone. He just wish to be loved, and enlighted.

Well, that's the funny thing about...
Mind control.

Synesthesy
2013-08-24, 05:49 AM
Well, that's the funny thing about...
Mind control.

I think (i'm not sure) that Mind Control has some limits in the rule. A paladin couldn't kill Lord Shojo, for example.

However, if it is a spell, can it be despelled or something?

Diadem
2013-08-24, 06:56 AM
I think he'll try, at least, because of the geas that X put on him in SOD. It's such an obvious Chekov's gun, aimed at one of the most central characters, that I'd guess something will prevent it from happening.
I'm pretty sure we'll never see main plot points depending on information revealed in the prequel books. I think Rich even said so.

So this Chekov's gun can't be played straight. Unless the event is somehow repeated / brought up in the main comic.

Kish
2013-08-24, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty sure we'll never see main plot points depending on information revealed in the prequel books. I think Rich even said so.
Rich has been misquoted so many times. What he said, was that if and when something originally introduced in a print-only book becomes important to the main plot, it will be summarized in the main plot.

What he said that, it was "if and when." Now, it's "as happened when the Thieves' Guild attacked Haley and again when Redcloak killed Tsukiko," so I do not know how "Something that has already happened will never happen" even survives as a meme.

All it would take for the event in question to be summarized in the main comic, would be, a single panel of swirly eyes and, after the creature in the darkness eats Redcloak,
:hobgoblin: Why did get he attack the Supreme Leader?!
:xykon: You thought I wasn't prepared for Red-Eye's betrayal? Man, he never realized I was always one step ahead of him.

Diadem
2013-08-24, 07:24 AM
Rich has been misquoted so many times. What he said, was that if and when something originally introduced in a print-only book becomes important to the main plot, it will be summarized in the main plot.

What he said that, it was "if and when." Now, it's "as happened when the Thieves' Guild attacked Haley and again when Redcloak killed Tsukiko," so I do not know how "Something that has already happened will never happen" even survives as a meme.
That's exactly what I said.

We won't see this chekov's gun going off unless we see the event repeated / brought up beforehand.

Most likely though it still won't be played straight. The MiTD has had way too much character development in the meantime.

Kish
2013-08-24, 08:32 AM
I did notice, and should have noted explicitly, that what you were saying wasn't the same as "nothing introduced in print-only content will ever matter."

That said, as I said, I do not believe we have any guarantee of any online warning beforehand--except, at most, one panel showing the creature in the darkness with swirly eyes.

137beth
2013-08-25, 03:21 PM
I did notice, and should have noted explicitly, that what you were saying wasn't the same as "nothing introduced in print-only content will ever matter."

That said, as I said, I do not believe we have any guarantee of any online warning beforehand--except, at most, one panel showing the creature in the darkness with swirly eyes.

...and then everyone who hasn't read SoD whining about the dues ex machina.