PDA

View Full Version : Question in regards to the PrC Radiant Servant and Healing Hand of Mishakal Features

Doc_Maynot
2013-08-24, 12:20 AM
Currently running a Cloistered Cleric 1/Healer 5/Healing Hand of Mishakal 5/ Metamagic Spellshifter 2 and I am planning on taking some levels in Radiant Servant of Pelor (Already have established in the game why the character views both as the same deity, required a big in-character sermon).
Anyways, the question is about Radiant Servant's and Healing Hand's Class features and how they interact with each other and Maximize Spell

At 5th Level Healing Hand gains Mishakal's Strength(Ex) which makes it so any cure spell cast heals half again as much (bonus 50%) like Empower Spell.

While at 2nd Level Radiant Servant gives Empower Healing (Ex), which says "When a radiant servant of Pelor of at least 2nd level casts a domain spell from the Healing domain, that spell is affected as though by the Empower Spell feat. This spell does not use up a higher-level slot."

What I'm asking is, do these stack? And how would Maximize Spell work in regards to them?

SevTai
2013-09-12, 05:37 PM
I don't have any rules to back it up, so this is just my opinion.

Radiant Servant (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070807): Empower Healing allows him to apply the affects of Empower Spell to any domain spell he casts from the Healing domain (without the spell using up a higher-level spell slot).

Healing Hand of Mishakal (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dl-war-of-the-lance/wikis/healing-hand-of-mishakal): Any cure spell she casts restores half again as many hit points as normal (as with the Empower Spell feat). This does not change the effective level of these spells.

I believe we agree that both of these work exactly like Empower Spell feat, just for cure spells(or from the healing domain anyway).
As you can't stack the Empower Spell feat with itself(and you would be doing that by using a spell slot 4 levels higher), I find it logical not being able to stack these two as well(for no cost at all, since they both don't raise the spell's level slot), or even stack Empower Spell with either of them.
I understand that your empower applies only for supportive magic, but as a DM I wouldn't allow it.

Now for the maximize, in the case they actually or you choose to have them stack it would be like this:
the maximum result + the normally rolled result (since it's twice empowered)
Example: mishakal's strength/empower healing/maximized cure moderate wounds --> 16+2d8+caster level

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-12, 06:14 PM
May have taken a while, but thank you for the reply. I was just trying to make sure I was not giving this a biased opinion. Takes away a good amount of healing I was planning on doing, but you do make a point. Thank you for the second look.

TmasterT
2013-09-12, 06:18 PM
remember radient servent only gets that bonus when he uses a domain spell slot for that healing, so its not all his healing spells. only his domian healing spell slots

Pelor3.0
2017-09-05, 02:42 AM
Currently running a Cloistered Cleric 1/Healer 5/Healing Hand of Mishakal 5/ Metamagic Spellshifter 2 and I am planning on taking some levels in Radiant Servant of Pelor (Already have established in the game why the character views both as the same deity, required a big in-character sermon).
Anyways, the question is about Radiant Servant's and Healing Hand's Class features and how they interact with each other and Maximize Spell

At 5th Level Healing Hand gains Mishakal's Strength(Ex) which makes it so any cure spell cast heals half again as much (bonus 50%) like Empower Spell.

While at 2nd Level Radiant Servant gives Empower Healing (Ex), which says "When a radiant servant of Pelor of at least 2nd level casts a domain spell from the Healing domain, that spell is affected as though by the Empower Spell feat. This spell does not use up a higher-level slot."

What I'm asking is, do these stack? And how would Maximize Spell work in regards to them?

Sorry, but where can i found Metamagic Spellshifter?