PDA

View Full Version : Feat ideas for sneaky character

drakoonity
2013-08-24, 01:12 AM
Ok so in this campaign I'm going to be playing a kolbold, and trying to be as sneaky as possible. I'm going to go with the web based thing and do the ritual and all that, and so I was wondering what would be a good list I should say in feat progression, I'm going to be using a crossbow, and if there is anything else you all wish to know just let me know thanks.

OldTrees1
2013-08-24, 01:49 AM
Darkstalker allows you to hide from creatures with special senses.
Only 4 senses can still avoid your stealth: Detect spells, touchsight, lifesense and mindsight.

However you will also need some cover/concealment and not being observed. Hide in Plain Sight is an ability that removes the observation clause and sometimes removes the cover/concealment clause.

Shape Soulmeld allows you to create a soulmeld. The Fellmist soulmeld can be used to get concealment.

At this point I would recommend acquiring the Hide in Plain Sight ability. Unfortunately it is not available via feats.

Now it sounds like you are going to be sniping with a crossbow in combat.
Hand Crossbow Focus is weapon focus specifically for hand crossbows and lets you reload a hand crossbow as a free action
Crossbow Sniper lets you use Sneak Attack from within 60ft rather than within 30ft. It also adds half your dex modifier to damage.

Harlot
2013-08-24, 06:30 AM
How about the' Extraordinary trapsmith' feat (RoTD p 100) - thats sneaky!
Whats your class? Rogue is the sneaky class per se, but a Shadow hand swordsage is another option.
I've never played a kobold and don't know how rigid the build is classwise or if the class is already in the build?

drakoonity
2013-08-24, 10:21 AM
I'm going rogue for the sneak attack and skills.

Abaddona
2013-08-24, 10:37 AM
Dark template -> easy means to get Hide in Plain Sight and few other bonuses for +1 LA (if you are playing with LA buyoff rules it's very good choice).

Also Scout class with swift ambusher feat -> another source of precision damage, but requires you to move 10 ft before attacking, so you will also require AFAIR chronocharm of horizon walker (move action as a swift action once per day for AFAIR 500 gold) or cloistered cleric with travel domain dip (which isn't good for your BAB unless you are playing with fractional BAB rules).

Woodland archer -> after you snipe target and succesfully hide again you can in the next round attack move and hide (normally hiding after making an attack is a move action).

Factotum dip -> let's you add your int modifier to your damage rolls

Craven -> +1 damage per character level when making sneak attack

Zanfire
2013-08-24, 10:43 AM
Collar of umbral metamorphosis can get you the dark template without the LA

OldTrees1
2013-08-24, 10:55 AM
Craven adds your character level to Sneak Attack

Knowledge Devotion gives you bonuses on attack and damage. Use if you have knowledge skills.

Savvy Rogue lets you take 12 if you have Skill Mastery

Quick Reconnoiter lets you make an active Spot and Listen check per round as a free action

I second the Dark Template but be warned that you will still need cover/concealment and it stops working in Sunlight.

I personally like 1 level in the Exemplar class for more skill mastery.

If you do take Scout then you might want to know that a DC 40 tumble check lets you take a 10ft step instead of a 5ft step. [Oriental Adventures]

Gavinfoxx
2013-08-24, 12:02 PM
You should read this:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8711233

and this:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11034

Daftendirekt
2013-08-24, 12:28 PM
Be a swift ambusher (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14798691)!