PDA

View Full Version : Ranger/Dread Commando Optimization

Toshiro
2013-08-24, 12:09 PM
I know the most common way to go for a Dread Commando is the Fighter/Rogue/Dread Commando, but I wanted to try something different. I really like the feat Telling Blow and I wanted to utilize my Rapier with Improved Critical and hit for alot of damage. My idea for this character is Ranger 6/Dread Commando 5 or more likely Ranger 6/Scout 4/Dread Commando 5 so I can abuse both Skirmish and Sudden Strike. (Yes, I'm using Swift Hunter to proc Ranger/Scout Levels.) I don't care about the armor ease, but I really like the initiative bonuses and the sudden strike ability that the Dread Commando offers.

My goal for this character is to deal out tons of damage through FE with Nemesis, Skirmish, and SS. Any ideas to help me with this build feat wise/what I should prestige into for my last 5 levels.

Note: I was able to acquire the stupid feats, Dodge and Mobility from training at a Mercenary Guild for Dread Commando.

Fax Celestis
2013-08-24, 12:23 PM
Well, now that you already have Dodge and Mobility, you should take Elusive Target. You can get Extra Favored Enemy (3.0 in MotW, and 3.5'd in Ghostwalk) a bunch of times and take Favored Power Attack to really dish out the damage, if you're interested in doing that.

IronFist
2013-08-24, 06:36 PM
Get favored enemy (arcanists) and favored enemy (evil) if you can.