PDA

View Full Version : new 1st Edition AD&D character creator!

barna10
2013-08-24, 12:31 PM
Check this out. My latest programming project! Let me know what you think. It's just about to beta stage.

What works:
-stat generation (all methods from DMG and Unearthed Arcana)
-Races (all PHB races)
-classes (all PHB classes)
-Multiclassing
-all stat bonuses
-HP generation
-saves
-basic class and race info
-starting age generation and age-based bonuses/penalties
-character sheet print-out
-and probably more!

What's to come:
-character leveling/creating characters above 1st level
-saving/loading
-Unearthed Arcana classes/races
-a better printable character sheet
-character inventory

Check it out! (barnadesigns.com)

viking vince
2013-08-26, 09:59 AM
I cannot access Dropbox from this computer. I will try again at a differnet location.

Felhammer
2013-08-26, 12:34 PM
This is awesome! :smallsmile:

SiuiS
2013-08-28, 06:04 AM
This is awesome and you are awesome.

Can I give you a hug~?

Theopacman
2014-05-23, 07:03 PM
Justr getting back into AD&D and would love to have a look at this but the link no longer works.

barna10
2014-05-23, 07:40 PM
Sorry, here's an updated link.

Check it out! (barnadesigns.com)

Thrudd
2014-05-23, 08:43 PM
Awesome!
One thing: assassins get thief abilities at 2 levels lower, not 3.

barna10
2014-05-23, 09:32 PM
Fixed, thanks.

1eGuy
2014-05-26, 03:23 PM
Very good. Suggested feature: require 2 scores of 15+ as per PHB suggestion.

I think the only other thing I would change is to make the to-hit and damage bonuses into strings so that the + sign appears when positive.

Thrudd
2014-05-26, 05:22 PM
One thing I notice, saving throws and magic user/illusionist spells do not always populate. If you switch to another class and then switch back to MU or Ill, the information populates.
Also, Unearthed Arcana spells are automatically on the list, at least for illusionists. Maybe that should be optional like the other UA material, since not everyone may have UA to know how those spells work.

If comeliness is used, it probably should be calculated afterwards with its own 3d6 and not be generated by the normal method along with the other attributes, since it is modified by the charisma score. You shouldn't be able to swap your comeliness roll with one of the other attributes in the methods that allow arranging the scores, but that might just be a personal interpretation. I don't know how hard it is to separate that from the other attributes, it's probably not that important since I don't think that comeliness is a popular rule to use.

barna10
2014-05-26, 10:07 PM

I think the only other thing I would change is to make the to-hit and damage bonuses into strings so that the + sign appears when positive.

I can incorporate the "two 15+ scores" option, but I probably won't include plus signs for to hit bonuses. I tried it early on and it caused justification problems.

barna10
2014-05-26, 10:15 PM
One thing I notice, saving throws and magic user/illusionist spells do not always populate. If you switch to another class and then switch back to MU or Ill, the information populates.
Also, Unearthed Arcana spells are automatically on the list, at least for illusionists. Maybe that should be optional like the other UA material, since not everyone may have UA to know how those spells work.

I'm not sure what causes the problem with saves not populating. It'll happen with other classes as well and I haven't had the time to investigate it. I used the starting Illusionist spells chart from UA because there is no chart like it anywhere else and I tried to use only official material.

If comeliness is used, it probably should be calculated afterwards with its own 3d6 and not be generated by the normal method along with the other attributes, since it is modified by the charisma score. You shouldn't be able to swap your comeliness roll with one of the other attributes in the methods that allow arranging the scores, but that might just be a personal interpretation. I don't know how hard it is to separate that from the other attributes, it's probably not that important since I don't think that comeliness is a popular rule to use.

When you swap the Comeliness score, it loses its bonus.

SiuiS
2014-06-15, 09:09 PM
Huzzah! I found you again, thread!

I am totally using this. Thanks! Must get players ready NAO.

rredmond
2014-06-16, 09:31 PM
Nice!

--Ron--

Cybermaniac
2014-07-03, 09:32 AM
This is the best Ad&d charactor generater i've seen in a long while, possably ever. Congratulations and thank you

Valdimar
2016-12-21, 03:59 PM
Bara10 - link doesnt work anymore - wish this would come back - awesome tool...

barna10
2016-12-21, 04:15 PM
Bara10 - link doesnt work anymore - wish this would come back - awesome tool...

It is HERE (https://thedarkforum.000webhostapp.com/adnd/adnd.html).

I separated from my old host and am in the, rather slow, process of setting up a new site.

yuvraj1068
2016-12-24, 01:49 AM
I am totally using this. Thanks! Must get players ready wish this would come back - awesome tool

barna10
2016-12-24, 07:35 AM
I am totally using this. Thanks! Must get players ready wish this would come back - awesome tool

Not sure when I'll get back around to working on this, but I can definitely add that as a feature.

LibraryOgre
2016-12-27, 04:23 PM
The Mod Wonder: In the name of Pelor, the Burning Hate, I send you back your grave!