PDA

View Full Version : [PF] need help deciding for Carrion Crown Char

Krazzman
2013-08-24, 03:39 PM
Hello again Playground,

due some unexpected things my Pathfinder group decided to reroll chars and start with the Carrion Crown AP but only as a starting point.

We will be level 1, 25 point buy(even after racial stuff no attribute above 18) with 2 Traits of which one will probably be Chance Savior(+2 Init and Plothook) for me.

Another rather weird decision was to start with the odd-ones-out as such we have a Dhampyr Ranger, Drow Cleric (LN) and a Tiefling Witcher + and unsure maybe Dwarf (maybe Oracle or Barbarian or Rage Prophet, she's still unsure).

I decided to either go Rakshasa-Spawn (Beastbrood) Mysterious Stranger Pistolero Gunslinger or a Tiefling Rogue.
I asked the DM if I could choose a fitting Variant Tiefling Ability from the table and she said yes but only one.
Starting wealth is insignificant we get one weapon of our choice, a good armor and a Standard Adventurer Kit as well as some RP/Backstory related items.

The problem I have is I already know a quite good Background basis but I am unsure about either Gunslinger or Rogue and would like some build-recommendations for this. Assume no 3.5 content as this is a strict PF game.

I hope you can help me settle this problem. This campaign will probably less combat focused and the group settles around Neutral.

Krazzman
2013-08-25, 04:43 AM
Ok, I reread a bit thorugh the "guides" for both Rogue and Gunslinger and I seem to have found a gap in the Pistolero and Mysterious Stranger Archetypes. On 5th level the MS replaces Guntraining, and the Pistolero gives basically Guntraining solely for Pistols without actually replacing it.

But still If I go Rakshasa Born what Trait, Feat and Racial exchange for detect thoughts should I take?