PDA

View Full Version : Thrower 3.5

TripperdeCleric
2013-08-25, 01:05 AM
Using Mostly Core + Complete -Champion. Build me a thrower. I want to throw and make it hurt. Please list books. Thank you!

Thats

PHB 1-2
DMG 1-2
Complete Mage
Complete Warrior
Complete Divine
Complete Arcane
Complete Adventurer
Unearthed Arcana

Lets Assume:

Is it possible with a dragonfire bard? Or are there better ways to achieve optimal damage?

IF all else fails..can I use a flute as a blowgun and go that route?

Hytheter
2013-08-25, 01:15 AM
You'll need a fair few feats
Ranged feats are a given; stuff like Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Precise Shot, maybe Far Shot. Quick Draw probably helps, since you'll be probably constantly needing to refresh your weapons (unless you enchant them with Returning).
The Two-Weapon Fighting tree will boost your output, though it adds necessity to Quick Draw, and stacks penalties with Rapid Shot (unless you get Improved Rapid Shot, but that sadly requires the useless Manyshot).

I'd recommend Light Hammers as your weapon of choice for that nice 20ft range.

Rogues and Fighters are probably better suited than Bards, for Sneak Attack and Bonus Feats respectively. Bard doesn't really lend itself to throwing as far as I know.

TripperdeCleric
2013-08-25, 01:18 AM
You'll need a fair few feats
Ranged feats are a given; stuff like Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Precise Shot, maybe Far Shot. Quick Draw probably helps, since you'll be probably constantly needing to refresh your weapons (unless you enchant them with Returning).
The Two-Weapon Fighting tree will boost your output, though it adds necessity to Quick Draw, and stacks penalties with Rapid Shot (unless you get Improved Rapid Shot, but that sadly requires the useless Manyshot).

I added more the the OP

So its feat intensive and not really optimal?''

Closed Thread!

New thread has been posted as I have thought of a more fun idea.