PDA

View Full Version : BlowGun 3.5 NEED HELP

TripperdeCleric
2013-08-25, 01:19 AM
Using Mostly Core + Complete -Champion. Build me a BlowGun Expert. I want to blow and make it hurt. Please list books. Thank you!

Thats

PHB 1-2
DMG 1-2
Complete Mage
Complete Warrior
Complete Divine
Complete Arcane
Complete Adventurer
Unearthed Arcana

I am looking to have a funny/optimal blowgun expert. I want to do alot of damage and have the awkard squint eye look afterwards.

Hytheter
2013-08-25, 01:38 AM
Idk why you needed to make a new thread for it, but anyway

Optimizing a blowgun will need most of the same feats I mentioned in the other thread. You don't need Quickdraw, but you do need Exotic Weapon proficiency.
On top of that, the range is terrible; Far Shot will only increase it to 15' because its not thrown, whereas a dagger would have 20', and a light hammer would be 40. You also can't TWF. I would say a blowgun is probably worse than using thrown weapons.

CyberThread
2013-08-25, 01:45 AM
The point of optimizing a blow gun, is not feats that make you crit, or anything silly like that, but rather optimizes what is in the needle. You are going to be looking at poison and creation spells.

So to expand on this, you are going to want

Jungle Dwarfs from Unearthed arcana

Complete warrior 158 if you read up on it, you can make blowguns into primitive weapons with DM approval. So go do that. Also greater blowguns, which allow poison to be stored in the darts they use. (Jungle Dwarf are obviously primitive )

Cleric, and chose some god of whatever setting you use that is questionable, but also chose the artifice domain, so you can create really good poisons. Fabricate is going to be useful for you.

If you are money sensitive, get yourself a Wild Cohort, so you can milk them for your supplies to use in your dart.

I will tell you more when I wake up

JellyPooga
2013-08-25, 02:37 AM
Easy Answer? Just play a Rogue or Ninja.

Anything that will give you a bunch of bonus damage, really. Sneak Attack or Sudden Strike is likely the easiest and most available one that doesn't appear completely redunkulous!

Daftendirekt
2013-08-25, 11:02 AM
I want to blow and make it hurt.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/175/889/oh%20god.png?1316467507