PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] Yay for paranoia

Dhavaer
2006-12-18, 10:58 PM
Light Sleeper
Prerequisite: Listen 2 ranks
Benefit: The penalty on Listen checks made while sleeping is reduced to -4.

icke
2006-12-19, 05:05 PM
- broad grin -

That feat should have been taken by all my characters...

Tola
2006-12-20, 09:12 AM
Next:

Lighter Sleeper. Requires Light Sleeper

Reduces penalty to -2.

Cat-napper. Requires Light Sleeper, Lighter Sleeper.

You no longer sleep continously, as others do, but are constantly returning to awareness. As such, Listen checks take no penalty at all.

NullAshton
2006-12-20, 10:09 AM
Personally, those two should be combined into one.

icke
2006-12-21, 08:29 AM
Next:

Lighter Sleeper. Requires Light Sleeper

Reduces penalty to -2.

Cat-napper. Requires Light Sleeper, Lighter Sleeper.

You no longer sleep continously, as others do, but are constantly returning to awareness. As such, Listen checks take no penalty at all.

But the character has to make a fortitude save every morning for not being fatigued...

paigeoliver
2006-12-22, 07:22 AM
There would be little reason to go past light sleeper, since skill focus listen added to light sleeper would be better than light sleeper and lighter sleeper, while adding whatever feat gives you +2 listen/+2 something else to the combo would trump having the whole tree.

Scorpina
2006-12-22, 07:30 AM
Or, you know, you could put ranks in Listen...

Machete
2006-12-23, 01:55 PM
I have this feat.
Well there goes a good use of my Human feat... now the cat can wake me up twice as easily...

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-23, 09:47 PM
Paranoid

Sense Motive 4 ranks

You are highly suspicious and watchful of everything. Once per day, you may Sense Motive against a potential danger. This danger could be any event, NPC, or action you are about to take or are concidering. The DC is 15 + 1/2 CR of danger. If they succeed, they get a bad feeling about the object. If they fail by five or more, they get a good feeling about the dangerous action. Failing by less than five produces a nutueral feeling. If there is no danger, roll anyway against DC 15. Succeeding produces a nuteral feeling. If they fail, they get a bad feeling.

Utterrly Paranoid

Sense Motive 8 ranks, Paranoid.

You no longer have to roll against a non-dangerous action. In addition, you may Sense Motive this special way 2/day.

Dhavaer
2006-12-24, 02:50 AM
The increasing DC for more dangerous situations seems strange, wouldn't something more dangerous be more easily recognised, if anything?

icke
2006-12-24, 11:15 AM
Also, why do paranoid people have to have ranks in sense motive?

A possible drawback of these feets: Your character gets a -5 penalty on sense motive checks towards people who assure her to be trustworthy.

Concerning the feats:
skip the sense motive prerequisite and change the DC to 20-CR or 25-CR.

merry christmas