PDA

View Full Version : 2HW Warblade build help (Dante Inspiration)

SirBiggimus
2013-08-25, 08:58 AM
Hey there guys. Im new to the forums, but i've seen some amazing work on class builds and optimization. so heres my request for help.

Im looking to build a flashy, cocky 2hw user (ala Dante from the original DmC series), and all signs point to the ToB and the warblade class. i havnt yet looked into multiclassing options.

but heres what i have in mind now

Human, wielding greatsword, 32pt buy, starting at level 6.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Greenish
2013-08-25, 09:11 AM
Warblade is pretty easy. Put decent scores Str and Con, pick maneuvers that look cool, and you're done. Tiger Claw is probably the flashiest discipline warblades have, over all, but the others also have their share.

If you multiclass, taken even number of other classes (due how to IL works), and consider doing it before 4th level of warblade (since then you can learn a 3rd level stance instead of 1st level one). Of course, warblade 1-20 is perfectly solid.

PaintByBlood
2013-08-25, 09:25 AM
I'm going to echo the Tiger Claw suggestion, though you'll find that some of the maneuvers/stances there support two-weapon fighting rather than two-handed (such as Wolf Fang Strike or Blood in the Water), but two-handed is perfectly valid as well, and boy is it flashy. Just remember to pump your Jump score - it isn't too hard.
You'll probably want to augment Tiger Claw with the best of Iron Heart and Diamond Mind as well. Both of those have really great selections for a damage-dealing showoff. And even the most cocky warrior can benefit from maneuvers like Moment of Perfect Mind.

And, echoing again, Warblade 20 is definitely a good choice in its own right. Ontop of the full IL and other benefits, the capstone is simply beautiful.

Since you are starting at level 6, make sure to pay close attention to how leveling up and maneuvers works, like the ability to pick at level 4, 6 (and every even following those) a maneuver of your highest level to replace your lower level ones. Also keep an eye on the maneuver prerequisites, which you can only find in the actual maneuver descriptions.

SirBiggimus
2013-08-25, 10:54 AM
Thanks guys for the advice, i admit this is the first character im actually researching and finding a good level spread for, and i also realize that i am viciously beating a dead horse with this topic. i'll keep all the advice in mind.