PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh, I Have Found An Offense :(

ArlEammon
2013-08-25, 11:31 AM
http://church_of_the_god_xykon.webs.com/selaniel.htm

Selaniel is my character from EverDream, all the way back from 2004. :smallfurious:

I'm a little confused why this is here. . . I'm not sure if I should be mad or something but shouldn't people ask me permission before using my character for their website?

Also, I know this thing is old, but what if it continues in some form or another and I don't know about it?

Renegade Paladin
2013-08-25, 11:37 AM
If that's your character then what you do about it is completely up to you, and anything beyond that is legal advice.

Mr. Burlew may or may not wish to do something about the whole "Church of Xykon" thing, though.

ArlEammon
2013-08-25, 11:42 AM
He's a Free Form message board role player, and then He's a famous web-comic author. Together, they fight crime!

:smallcool:

Roland St. Jude
2013-08-25, 12:14 PM
Sheriff: What you do about the use of a character of your creation is up to you. It's an obvious copying use of Xykon, but what to do about that is up to Rich and his legal team.

My recommendation to all involved would be to mind the Streisand Effect and not discuss a static webpage with almost no actual content created in 2005 any further.