PDA

View Full Version : Enduring Ki

Loki Eremes
2013-08-25, 02:04 PM
Short question:
- How does Enduring Ki from Complete Scoundrel works?

It states ki powers lasts 2 rounds instead of 1 if you spend two ki pool.
I read this (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2823.0) and according to it you could deliver Sudden Strike in two consecutive rounds with it.

But... my DM told me "if you use it to get invisibility, you lose it at the very moment your attack...so, no next round"

Does it work this crappy way? :smallyuk:

Piggy Knowles
2013-08-25, 02:08 PM
Ghost Step does not say that you cast the invisibility spell; it says you become invisible for one round. The condition of invisibility itself does not carry the same clause that the invisibility spell does, so attacking does not end it. You remain invisible for the entire round, or two rounds with Enduring Ki.

Palanan
2013-08-25, 02:27 PM
Just as an editorial note, the ninja is from Complete Adventurer, but Enduring Ki itself is from Complete Scoundrel (p. 77).

Loki Eremes
2013-08-25, 03:24 PM
Ghost Step does not say that you cast the invisibility spell; it says you become invisible for one round. The condition of invisibility itself does not carry the same clause that the invisibility spell does, so attacking does not end it. You remain invisible for the entire round, or two rounds with Enduring Ki.

thx!

Just as an editorial note, the ninja is from Complete Adventurer, but Enduring Ki itself is from Complete Scoundrel (p. 77).

oh, sry bro, my bad. (corrected)