PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Wyverns of the Wild West

RFLS
2013-08-25, 05:44 PM
Wyverns of the Wild West

The buzz of the afternoon settles over the sweet little town of San Draconica. Folk walk about the dusty Main Street, stopping in shops for anything they might be needin' before heading back out to their ranches. It's a small town, but the folk are proud.

The Purple Wyvern Gang, headed by the mysterious Enrico Lagarto, has been giving them trouble recently. Folks say he'll kill a man soon as look at him, but no one knows for sure.

Like I said, they're a proud town, but they ain't too proud to ask for help. A few locals, and some not-so locals, and one very-local, have gathered themselves up in the Sweetwater Saloon, owned by James MacTaylor, the town's dwarven patriarch, to discuss what can be done about this troublesome gang of thieves, murderers, and scum of the earth.

Talk among yourselves. Roll any knowledge checks you'd like to for information you'd want. Feel free to expound little bits of the setting on your own; I'll contradict you if I have to, but will try to avoid it.

razorback
2013-08-25, 06:48 PM
Will walked into the dusty, frontier town, looking around at the edge of town for a few moments, eyes as sharp as a hawk as he scanned the horizon under his gray/brown hat. Not seeing anything that set him off, he adjusted his saddlebags that rested on his shoulders as he sly checked his pistols again.
As he sidled up to the Sweetwater Saloon, he scraped his boots at the edge of jutting planks. A dog, sleeping until it heard the sound, opened its eyes and growled at him until chewing tobacco infused spittled hit it square between the eyes, causing the dog to flinch and retreat.
Sneering at the dog, he walked in to the saloon, hands steady but ready to draw, as he checked out the room. Not spying Clark, Chandler, Cobb or any of their men, he made his way to the bar.
Leaning against the bar, he lets his saddlebags slide down to the floor as he says "Whiskey."

AngryCyc
2013-08-25, 06:57 PM
Marshall Tucker

Sitting off to the side in the Saloon, the Marshall listens to the talk, letting the folk work themselves up but ready to steer them in the direction of the Law. He could definitely use their help forming a posse, but mob mentality would have to be controlled.

The aura from the Marshall should allow everyone in the room in gain a +5 to their Dex checks, Dex based skills, and initiative. And this basically perma-applies to the party. So y'all should just go ahead and add 5 to your initiatives at least.

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-25, 08:12 PM
Linebarrel

An odd sight walks into town an straight to the saloon. A metal man, forged out of brass with a hat and jacket of white leather. He looks like a normal fellow except he's made of brass and his left arm looks three sizes too big for his body. He tips that hat to everyone he crosses in a polite hello.

He walks into Sweetwater and settles down at the bar. The bartender looks at him crosswise and he returns the looks with a shining smile and a gold coin on the bar. Always best to lead with money when you want something, the robot thinks to himself.

"Water". When the bartender shots him over a glass he takes a long swig. He feels the cool lubricant rub the dust of all the internals. He enjoys the sensation for a moment before continuing.

"Thanks bartender. I hope you can help me with another matter. I hear there is a marshal in town. I came out this way to see if he needed a hand."

AngryCyc
2013-08-25, 08:23 PM
Marsh

"Well if it isn't Sheriff Linebarrel. Now there's a sight for sore eyes! he says, waving the lawman over.

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-25, 08:41 PM
"Marshal Tucker? Izat you? The letter just said marshal, not specifically you. If I knew it was you I would have pushed last night and gotten here earlier. I still owe you for helping set up Rockem after Smiley got killed. Not sure could of held that town together without the stuff you taught me.

Anywho, I hear you need a hand." He then flexes his left hand, cycling the cylinders on the chisle blade that replaces his knuckles. "and I got a rather big one."

Alokue
2013-08-25, 10:41 PM
Tinbordrol:

The previous night, Tin had pulled into town, tied his horse up outside, and walked into the Sweetwater Saloon. Disappointed by their lack of his first three chosen liquors, Tin settled for an old half-bottle of scotch the bartender found lodged in an old crate with the last of the dates. He drank enough to feel it, but not enough to feel it, and during that time, seeing the rifle on his shoulder and the strange pup in his sack, the bartender decided he was a strange enough fellow to ask. "Would you mind staying in town an extra day? The owner, James MacTaylor, he's having a talk with some folks tomorrow about a problem we're having, and you might fit the bill." Tin, being fresh off a job and ready for some different work, obliged. After waking up the next morning, he ate breakfast and walked around town, constantly followed by Luke. Not finding anything that particularly sparked his interest, but noting the post office in case this job proved longer than usual and he needed to mail in his notes and journals, Tin walked back into the Saloon, and sat at a booth, waiting to be called by the bartender or James MacTaylor. Amusement crossed his face when the robot walked in, and when the Marshal calls to the Sheriff, Tin decides they're strange enough to ask the bartender "Those two of the folks here for the talk?"

SecondRevan
2013-08-26, 05:08 AM
[b]Kara felt bad that she was happy that this gang was threatening the town. She was afraid the only work she would be able to find was almost pointless busy work. She was trained fighter, not a farmhand. "Need another... hand to help deal with the gang" she said to the marshal and sheriff, from her perch near the saloon bar.. She hoped they missed her hesitation. She almost said another sword. She would rather leave that revelation hidden as long as possible. In today's... modern world, people cared little for the tales of old.

RFLS
2013-08-26, 09:51 AM
Sweetwater Saloon:

The bartender (that'd be me), well, he slides Will a whiskey (neat) down the bar, and leans over to say to Tin "You know, I reckon they are? And I reckon you are, too."

Around all this, the folk of San Draconica were a' talkin' themselves up into going out huntin' for the bastards in that Gang. The Marshal and the Sheriff, though, they didn't look like they needed to talk themselves up into anything. Those two looked like they were already there.

Keld Denar
2013-08-26, 10:49 AM
Hanjo

A hulking man with a heavy brow wearing a beaded leather jerkin and a pair of eagle feathers in his hair sits to one side of the bar, smoking freshly purchased tobacco from a long pipe, passing it along to anyone who sits near him. A tumbler of whiskey sits in front of him, the ice having melted away. Hanjo relaxes, knowing he would have to ride his horse tomorrow on the long journey back to the plateau where his people dwelt.

Deadline
2013-08-26, 10:58 AM
Ash

When the fading light of the afternoon crept through the drawn curtains of his room and slapped him awake, Ash reflexively jerked. He reached a hand out to his side to shake his wife awake, and when it found nothing but empty air, the old pain and grief swept over him like a dust storm. He stood and walked over to the wash basin. A splash of lukewarm water on his face helped, and he tried to rub the feeling of loss out of his head.

The saloon would be filling with the usual lively crowd soon, and MacTaylor would be looking for him to earn his keep. After quickly dressing, he picked up his rifle that was leaning against the wall by the door, and headed downstairs into the saloon proper. He was greeted by the sounds of angry voices, and it didn't take long for his keen ears to pick up mention of the Purple Wyvern gang. The talk was obvious, folks were upset, and the presence of the Marshal meant that action was coming. Best of all, old Linebarrel was here. Ash hadn't seen him since that trouble with the gang in Rockem. The mechanical man was certainly an oddity, but he was good to have in a fight.

Ash nodded to the bartender, and then motioned over to the Marshal before heading to stand near the growing group around the lawman. He leaned up against the wall, listening in on the conversation. If the Marshal was going after the gang, then Ash wanted to help, but if not, well, the law don't look too kindly on vigilantes.

When there is a lull in the conversation with the Marshall, Ash speaks in a lazy, self-assured drawl, "Sounds like the Purple Wyvern boys are stirring up trouble. What do you intend to do about it Marshal?"

AngryCyc
2013-08-26, 03:29 PM
Marshall

As people begin to gather, the Marshall fills them all in, greeting the ones he knows and introducing himself and others to the ones he does not know.

Finally after enough people gather, he addresses them, Alright folks, there ain't much need or necessity to fluff this up so I'll be straight with you. That gang is causing too much trouble, and we all need to band together to stop 'em once and for all. I'm formin' up a posse, and we ride out to take them all, hopefully alive, and let them see their day in court.

It won't be easy. If I thought the Sherriff and I could handle it by ourselves, you all know I'd be there right now. But this is a problem affecting the whole community and we all should do our part to keep eachother safe under the protection of the Law. Anyone who is up for it, I'll deputize and you'll be under my jurisdiction to lawfully capture or kill these criminals.

I don't feel that much more is needed to be said. If anyone has anything to had, now's your chance for commentations and questions."

RFLS
2013-08-26, 03:35 PM
The Sweetwater Saloon:

About then's when the piano-man stopped the song he was tappin' out on the keys, and everyone leaned in real good to hear everything that was said by the Marshall.

Deadline
2013-08-26, 04:08 PM
Ash

Ash pushes up the tip of his hat to look evenly at the Marshal. A steely glint shines brightly as his smirk fades and he says, "I'm in." His smirk returns as he adds, "They're not likely to surrender without a fight, so if I was you, I'd shoot to kill. I can be ready to ride out in a few minutes, just give the word."

As others ask questions, Ash moves to the bar to let MacTaylor know he won't be working for a spell. On his way back to the newly forming posse, his gaze catches Linebarrel's and he grins, "It's good to see you again you old junk heap. I trust Rockem is still on the map?"

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-26, 04:39 PM
Linebarrel

"Still breaking rock, and pullin ore. Good to have you with us."

SecondRevan
2013-08-26, 06:00 PM
Kara

Kara's ear perked up when she heard the name of the gang. The Purple Wyvern Gang. Among other, notable deeds, they had attacked a party two years ago, before disappearing into the wilderness. A party defended by her order. With that attacks, the Soulknights dissolved, leaving Kara alone in this world. Despite her rapidly dwindling coffers, with this announcement, she no longer cared about payment. "I'm in" she said. "Got some unfinished business with them"

Keld Denar
2013-08-26, 09:19 PM
Hanjo

Remembering his own run in with bandits, especially the pain of getting shot, Hanjo speaks up. I will run with you. They threaten the safety of my people as well as yours. I will fight by your side.

cameronpants
2013-08-26, 10:37 PM
Gary

As if on cue, right at the dramatic moment when the good folk of San Draconica nobley pitch in with the Marshall, in walks Gary Mitchum. Scruffy-faced and soiled clothes are the first impression he offers, stale hooch and dirty tobacco the second. Locals know him by sight; he's the graveyard-shift barber, on-call surgeon, and washed-up loser that lives a few doors down from Sweetwater.

He walks with a limp, though not on due to injury; it's his version of 4am, hours past his usual shut eye. He smiles a crooked-toothed smile at MacTaylor, and orders a bottle of his cheapest whiskey. As he counts out the bits drom his pocket, he notices the gathering of folks in the saloon proper, and without a trace of respect or awareness of social mores, blurts out:
"What we got 'ere? Fekk-slag posse 'n gabba wive-earn cunnies? Dag H'in right. Power to you 'n on'na yun."
Seeming satisfied he had provided some insight and objective wisdom, Gary completes his account with a muffled belch and some full-bodied swaying.
"Oh, 'n I'm nee'wait, I'm 'n too. Die getta badge?."

Alokue
2013-08-26, 11:13 PM
Hinjo is obviously the one Tin feels most comfortable with right off the bat, and at this most recent speech Tin motions for the Native's attention, and asks Hinjo in his own tongue, "आप उन्होंने कहा कि किसी भी विचार क्या हैं?"

If Hinjo answers, Tin acknowledges the answer but says nothing more. Regardless, once he has heard the answer or is no longer waiting for one, he speaks out: "We haven't been in a scuff in a good long while, years and years. It's probably about time we got back into one. Always helps to clean the rust off my bones, as it were," here he offers a sly grin to Sheriff Linebarrel "and it puts muscle and heart into Luke. We'll join you, if you'll have us."

Yea, yea, I made an Indian joke, so sue me. Also if anyone knows Hindi go be smart elsewhere. I used Google Translate.

For Hinjo and anyone who does speak this particular Indian language. RFLS didn't give language suggestions so I'll speak Hinjo's as one of my eight, as long as it's a confederation and not a tiny tribal language, if that's okay with everyone. If not, it's an edit away from being fixed, so assume it's fixed.
"Do you have any idea what he just said?"

Keld Denar
2013-08-26, 11:21 PM
Hanjo

Hanjo passes the pipe to Tin and nods affirmatively.

razorback
2013-08-27, 06:58 AM
Will continues at his drink, nodding when the bartender serves it without ice.
As the marshal talks, he continues at his drink, not turning to look at the man.
About to just continue ignoring the man, he remembers that he is horseless and almost without money, stuck in this wide spot in the road with bounty killers on his tail.

"How much ya paying, marshal? And, if I join, I'll be needin' a horse. I just got into town but my horse broke its leg a few miles back and I'll be needin' one." as he continues to look at his drink and it comes out raspy, from walking through the high desert, the whiskey, and the man's natural tendency not to speak.

AngryCyc
2013-08-27, 07:39 AM
Marshall

"This ain't a bounty hunt, and we don't hire mercenaries. Any man willing to help should do so of his own good-nature, or because he's smart enough to realize this is a problem that'll affect him too pretty soon. I don't even own my own horse, so it's not like I can just give away some to everyone who claims they'll help uphold civility in town.

But we can go talk to the Livery owner... he might'n be partial to letting us borrow some horses for the time being.

Now. Everyone that's in, take one of these Deputy badges..."

He passes around small tin stars, and swears in the lot who are willing.
+1 to Profession(Law) everyone! WOOH! :D

"I thank all of you kindly for your support. Now please, go get ready. We leave in an hour. Make whatever preparations you require, and meet back on the edge of town at the end of Main Street. Those who require horses can come with me to the Livery right now."

He heads to the Livery pending any further discussion, and explains the situation to the owner. He puts up 5 gp as collateral should someone not return with a horse, with promise to pay for the lot in full if none of the horses are returned.

Diplo [roll0]

He then goes to the assigned meeting spot and waits for his posse to show up.

Gnarnia
2013-08-27, 09:32 AM
Syllestrae

"Well gosh, sugar! If y'all's handin out silver stars to anyone, you can count me in."

One of the barmaids sets down a mug of beer and approaches.

"Don't know how much use I'll be if y'all start shootin up the place, but I know a thing or two about horses and entertainin and I suppose if the ride is long enough you'll be needin both.

Now this gang of yers... nasty shady types, I know. But since yer speakin' of bounties, if we was to apprehend them, and we found some silver who's proper owner couldn't be honestly accounted for, would the law have any problems with us requisitioning those goods? For the benefit of the town, of course. If they've been causin' as much a ruckuss as you folks say, then surely there's folk around here who should be compensated for loss of livestock and business and such."

Alokue
2013-08-27, 02:53 PM
Tin:

Tin takes his tin star and swears to help the marshal through this particular fight, then lets Tin out of his bag and walks to the meeting place.

Deadline
2013-08-27, 03:19 PM
Ash

Ash takes his star and gets sworn in. He heads up to his room, packs his saddle bags, and sinks down on the bed for a moment. He reaches into a pocket and pulls out a small locket on a silver chain. It opens to reveal a portrait of a young woman and a little boy. The afternoon light streaking through the curtains reveals dancing motes of dust and coats the room in a fuzzy glow, and the noise from the saloon below fades to a dull roar. For a long moment time seems to be frozen as he gazes at the picture. With a deep breath, he gently closes the locket with a barely audible click, gives it a quick kiss, and puts it back in his pocket. Looking around the room, he gathers up his belongings and shoulders the saddle bags.

On his way out, he stops to talk with James MacTaylor and taps the tin star with a grin, "Looks like I've got business elsewhere today, Mac. Sorry for the late notice."

Ash heads out of the saloon and over to the stables to get his horse saddled up and ready to leave. Once everything is in order, he rides out to meet the Marshal and the rest of the posse.

cameronpants
2013-08-28, 08:54 AM
Gary

Gary sways over to the tin stars and picks one up. He picks up a second, hefts them both, and puts down the first he picked up. He hiccoughs and then leaves out the front door. A moment passes and he returns, making his way to the bar. He grabs the jug of swill he purchased, and then is gone once again.

razorback
2013-08-29, 06:54 AM
Will, pointedly ignores the marshal has he continues his drink, his face unreadable as he has his own internal dialogue.

Putting the glass down, he says "I'm in I reckon." as he is sworn in, wry grin on his face. He then proceeds down with the marshal to get a horse.

RFLS
2013-08-29, 12:42 PM
San Draconica:

Now, just a little over an hour later, the little posse had rounded itself up at the end of main street, ready and rarin' to go. I reckon they didn't rightly know the mess they were walkin' into, otherwise they might not have gone....

Between the lot of you, you figure your best bet is the hoodoos out past the edge of town. They're about a day and a half's ride out.

AngryCyc
2013-08-29, 01:01 PM
We uh... We ride that way. Marshall's in front. He whistles a little tune to pass the time as they ride.

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-29, 01:03 PM
Linebarrel

Linebarrel smiles. "I got eyes in the sky". The small brass hummingbird takes off from his hat and flies straight up.

"Tinker will lets us know if there is anything around the horizon we should know about."

Deadline
2013-08-29, 03:29 PM
As the posse rides out of town towards the hoodoos, Ash brings his horse alongside Will. "Glad to see you decided to come along, stranger." He lowers his voice a bit and drawls, "A bit of friendly advice about dealing with this gang. Don't give 'em a chance to shoot at you twice."

He leans in a bit and whispers,
"The Marshal there, he seems like a good man of the law. And Sheriff Linebarrel, well, whoever made him put in a heart of gold. They may have an inkling to take a prisoner or two. Now I ain't gonna get in their way on that, but you can be sure that I won't be one helping to take any prisoners. And I've got thirty gold coins that would be mighty grateful if you'd do the same. I ain't asking you to go against the Marshal and the Sheriff, I'm just asking you to make sure any bandit you put down, stays down."

Ash leans back in his saddle and eyes the stranger evenly for a response. After a moment, he rides up near the Marshal at the head of the group, and keeps a sharp eye out for trouble.

Alokue
2013-08-29, 06:08 PM
In situations where you need to see, marshal, Luke and I do a pretty good job of ground reconnaissance. Usually we've done scout type activities in situations like this, though it'll be harder without Orsca.

razorback
2013-08-30, 07:14 AM
Will

Will chews on what Ash says as he scans the horizon, not giving a hint of what he is thinking. Taking his water bottle of his saddle horn, swishing the warm water around his mouth a few times before he swallows.
He looks at those around him and wonders who will be alive to ride out of the hoodoos with him after they dispatch this gang.
<At worst> the thought crosses his mind <I'll git me a horse from these bandits and some coin frrom their bodies so I breeze out of this town. Maybe some coin from this elf if he manages not to git himself killed.>

cameronpants
2013-08-30, 11:18 AM
Gary

Sleeping on his horse, snoring lightly.

Keld Denar
2013-08-30, 08:38 PM
Hanjo

आप आज मरने के लिए तैयार हैं? Hanjo runs his fingers along his horse's mane, relishing in the feel of her smooth fur and sleek powerful muscles.

RFLS
2013-08-31, 01:11 AM
The Wilds:

The day passes slowly, sun high overhead, then falling to dusk. The air is dry, hot, and still; your horses trudge slowly on through it all. Idle chatter dies over the course of the day as you begin to feel the tiredness.

Finally, the posse came to a likely spot to settle in for the night, and they did just that. The hoodoos were just a few hours ride away, but damn if they weren't tired....

Spot checks for the night. Just let me know whose character would take a watch and I'll roll randomly to see who the lucky winner is.

AngryCyc
2013-08-31, 06:46 AM
Marshal

The marshal helps set up the campsite for the night, and as that's happening he tells everyone that they'll need a watch for the night, and that they can take shifts to make sure everyone gets enough sleep.

He naturally volunteers himself for one of the shifts.

I got the feeling order didn't matter for watch shifts, and that you're just rolling it willy nilly? So... eh. I'm okay with that.

Spot [roll0]

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-31, 06:49 AM
Linebarrel and Tinker don't sleep, so while Linebarrel rests awake to recover his spirits, Tinker patrols area on little wings of brass.

Gnarnia
2013-08-31, 08:26 AM
Syllestrae

Syllestrae tends to the animals, making sure all are well fed and grazed and helping anyone who's not used to riding them.

Handle Animal: [roll0] against DC 10 (+2 DC if the animals have any non-lethal damage from the ride). Just helping make sure they stay calm & nearby and get them ready for the next day's ride.

As they settle around the campfire, she relays some of the information she picked up in town.

"I reckon I got one other disturbin' bit of news about this area. I would've told y'all back in San Drac, but I was worried that if I 'ad ya wouldn't have come along and the more the merrier in this kind of business.

So anyways, the purple wyvern gang ain't the only things we gots ta worry about. Ya see, the railroad that's on its way here... this ain't the first time that's been tried. A few years back some warforged tried to lay some tracks through these parts. They were makin great progress, what with the not needin' ta sleep and eat and all. But what they didn't know is that they'd attracted somethin's attention. A pack of vicious, hungering beasts spawned from the depths of hell and roaming the lands with endless appetites.

That's right friends... rust monsters.

Rust monsters from all across these parts got attracted by the smell of that fresh fresh metal and started chompin up the tracks. Those men of metal thought themselves safe, and got so lost in their work that they didn't see 'em comin. Their metallic screams echoed for miles as they were set upon... rustin and siezin and twitchin as they got devoured alive.

But that ain't the worst part of it. There's some that say that warforged ain't got no souls, but I ain't just heard that their ghosts still haunt these hills. I seen it. A ghostly man of metal groanin and moanin, cursed for all time for not gettin ta finish layin his tracks. He was chasin after me and ol' Bluebell (nodding towards her horse) about as fast as she could run.

I emptied my gun, and I tell you every bullet found it's mark...and went cleeeean through, like there waren't nothin there. I just know that if that thing had caught me, I'd be hauntin these hills too.

It was only pure luck that we got away. So get some rest, but you make sure you sleep with one eye open.

Ghost Story Bluff Check: [roll1]

Alokue
2013-08-31, 12:31 PM
Tin and Luke are used to taking shifts through the night. The blink dog pup isn't physically mature, and can't blink, door, or pose much of a threat in a fight. But that doesn't mean he ain't mighty old, and he acts like a dog who's seen more than he possibly could have, and who's been trained very well for a very long time. The pair each sleep half of the night, while others take shifts. It's not quite as much sleep as they usually take, but Luke can finish his sleep in the bag Tin carries, at least while he's this size. At the ghost story, Tin smiles, but doesn't speak. Let the lady have her fun, he thinks. It's important to have fun, and come tomorrow, anyone who's green won't be having nearly so much of it.

Sense Motive [roll0]
Tin Spot [roll1]
Tin Listen [roll2]

Deadline
2013-08-31, 04:32 PM
Ash settles in for the evening, a lazy smile on his face as he listens to the nymph's ghost story. He doesn't say much, his mind on the task ahead, and only confirms that he'll take his turn on watch. When he sleeps, it comes fitfully, and filled with the nightmares.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

cameronpants
2013-09-01, 10:18 AM
Gary

Mr. Mitchum, the quiet midnight barber, boils water for coffee over the fire. Dark circles ring his eyes, showing his true fatigue and fugue. His eyes study Syllestrae as she talks, absorbing every word. As she finishes, he seems to shiver, and look up to the hills.
"The souls of dem metalloids still screaming all the time...?"
He busies himself with stirring the boiling water.

Gary will probably take a watch. Or part of one.
Spot [roll0]

RFLS
2013-09-02, 10:43 AM
The Night Watch:

The night goes slowly; the temperature drops. Blankets are drawn from bags, and the posse goes to sleep for the night. A couple o' times, those on watch thought they mighta heard something, but it waren't nothing but the wind howling through the hoodoos.

Next mornin', the posse got about their business, crack of dawn.

razorback
2013-09-02, 10:56 AM
Will sits against his saddle resting on the ground, back to the fire, as he searches the surrounding. He listens to Syllestrae tell she tells her story. A small, ghost of a smile crosses his face as she completes her story.
Out of the corner of his eye, he spots a scorpion moving in the campfire light and, without turning his head, a tobacco-infused blob of spit fires from his mouth, hitting the scorpion dead-on.

"Sleep for those not on watch sounds powerful good. Wake me when its my turn." With that he leans even more deeply against the saddle and covers his eyes with his hat, apparently asleep.

AngryCyc
2013-09-02, 11:29 AM
Marhsal

Well it's about time to get going y'all. Everyone get packed up and ready. Does anyone need any special preparation? We aren't that far out and I reckon the fighting will start soon after we arrive... Barring a miracle."

The Marshal readies his horse and gear and sits quietly on his saddle, observing the landscape as everyone else prepares.

Gnarnia
2013-09-02, 12:42 PM
Syllestrae

Syllestrae does the same, hopping side-saddle onto her mount and grabbing the reins, ready to ride as soon as the others are.

razorback
2013-09-02, 03:16 PM
Will

Will is awake in an instance, even if the only sign of it is a slight opening of his eyes.
Rising, he cranes his neck about as he packs his saddlebags with his equipment, chewing on some jerked venison. Resaddling his horse and adding his equipment, he unloads his pistols then checkes the barrels, cylinder and hammer action, before doing a dry run fanning with each. Satisfied, he reloads Laura and Sarah then holsters then before pulling out a small Cheroot and lights it, puffing away slowly as he watches the others gather themselves.

Looking at Ash, he says "Boy, you ever shot a man before?"

Deadline
2013-09-03, 11:09 AM
Ash

The morning greets Ash like it always does, and he jerks awake, his arm reflexively reaching for something that isn't there. The gentle rousing of dawn's light is not for him, and his face looks a bit more haggard than usual. He takes it upon himself to fix up some coffee as the camp wakes up, and packs his things onto his horse. While he is adjusting his saddlebags, he takes out a silver locket from his vest, holds it tightly for a moment, then kisses it and returns it to it's resting place. He sits back down to finish his coffee when Will pipes up.

Looking at Ash, he says "Boy, you ever shot a man before?"

Ash squints at Will, a brief flash of anger shadows his face before it is quickly replaced by his usual mask of an ever present lazy smirk. He glances meaningfully at the Sheriff and the Marshal before stretching and drawling out, "Don't you worry about me, stranger. I've had the occasion to defend myself once or twice. And I may have helped a few members of the Purple Wyvern gang into their graves. Once or twice." He nods to the pistols the gunman was checking, "You look like you know how to use those. Glad you're with us. Name's Ambrose Ashcroft, most folks just call me Ash."

After everyone mounts up, Ash looks over to the Marshal, "Marshal, I hear tell that these boys we're after, they killed a local rancher and his family. That true?"

AngryCyc
2013-09-03, 11:29 AM
Marshal

"... That's neither here nor there and won't change much about our task, other than getting people stirred up and antsy. No, son our best bet here is to be calm, collected, and reserved about our duty. We're here executing the requirements of the law to protect justice and our fellow citizens. The Law needs these boys brought to see a judge. We are not their jury, we are not their executioners. We are servants of a greater system."

OoC, Marshal failed that knowledge roll horribly... And was subsequently "drunk during that escapade" and doesn't have any idea. So uh. heh...

razorback
2013-09-03, 01:24 PM
Will

Will's face is inscrutable as Ash introduces himself and Will does not. Nor does his face reveal what he thinks about ones defending themselves.
<Personal, he?> he thinks as he sees the fire light the elves eyes. Chewing on the tip of his cigar, he spits out a few errant pieces of tobacco.

Saddling up, he reins in near Ash, who can hear the tail of of some snide comment about being servants of "a greater system".

"Marshal, ay reckon' that those boys will have already decided their fate before we git to'em. Once they see us they ain't gonna be to friendly, I'm figurin'. Once they start firing... well, then, I reckon' that it'll be a decided issue."
With that he begins moving his horse forward.

AngryCyc
2013-09-03, 02:01 PM
Marshal

"But they get the chance! Everyone gets the chance to come peacefully, and to be tried before a judge. It's the right thing to do.

We should always treat everyone else the way we'd want to be treated, and we should always assume someone has the ability to make the right decision. Whether they actually choose good over evil is up to them, but they get the chance to prove it....."

Keld Denar
2013-09-03, 02:12 PM
Hanjo

Hanjo rises to his feet, strapping on his sandals. Stretching up his considerable height, he gingerly sniffs the air in all directions. He eats some dried jerky silently and then saddles up his horse.

Surnrnoner
2013-09-03, 03:16 PM
Dances With Dragons

DWD had been awake for some time already - his failure to bring any booze on the trip was beginning to affect him and he slept only briefly and fitfully throughout the night. Still, he rises, eats what little jerky he can stomach, and mounts up.

RFLS
2013-09-05, 08:38 AM
The Hoodoos:

Round abouts mid-day, the posse rode right into those hoodoos. They knew they were near the Purple Wyvern Gang, but they couldn't see hide nor hair of them. Lizards and whatnot skedaddled about the group as they rode through them hoodoos....

Let's see...

Survival check, DC 18:

You find some humanoid tracks.

Spot, DC 21:

There is a very, very large bird circling the tallest of the hoodoos to your south.

Spot vs [roll0]

You're being followed. A dark shape is flitting from rock to rock behind you.

AngryCyc
2013-09-05, 09:36 AM
Marshal

The Marshal keeps a sharp look out on the ride...

survival [roll0]

Spot [roll1]

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-05, 09:45 AM
Linebarrel and Tinker keep an eye out.

Spots
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Survivals
[roll4]
[roll5]

Gnarnia
2013-09-05, 11:42 AM
Syllestrae

Syllestrae rides along, using a small mirror to check and straighten her hair, oblivious to any signs of danger.

Spot for the bird: [roll0]

Spot for the shadow: [roll1]

Survival for the tracks: [roll2]

Alokue
2013-09-05, 12:46 PM
Tin and Luke make sure to keep sharp, wary of an ambush. Luke is awake by now, walking along beside the horse, nose to the ground for anything useful. Tin rides up next to the marshal and speaks under his breath. "Marshal, we're being followed. Don't look, it's behind the last rock we passed. There's tracks on the ground, we can get Luke on following them if you like but I reckon they go straight to a hideout. That bird doesn't bring good tidings either, and he isn't near as small as he looks that far away. Can you tell how high he is?" Tin looks up at the sky, wide and blue.

Tin should be giving Marshal a +2 to see it by pointing it out.

Tin Spot: [roll0]+2=24
Luke Aid: [roll1] Success
Tin Listen: [roll2]+2=34
Luke Aid: [roll3] Success

Luke Spot: [roll4]+2=17
Tin Aid: [roll5] Success
Luke Listen: [roll6]+2=22
Tin Aid: [roll7] Success

Tin Survival: [roll8]+2=29
Luke Aid: [roll9] Success
Luke Survival: [roll10]+2=15 EDIT: Please tell me if this succeeds with scent, since survival is much easier that way.
Tin Aid: [roll11] Success

razorback
2013-09-05, 02:38 PM
Will, lost in thought, continues on the path blazed by the marshal and sheriff, mind running over and over that day in Phelps Springs, his thought drifting back to Cobb and what he'd do to him once he found him.

Deadline
2013-09-05, 04:02 PM
Ash spots the footprints as they approach, and confirms that they likely lead to the hideout.

Survival Check, DC 18: [roll0]
Spot Check, DC 21: [roll1]
Spot Check, DC 24: [roll2]

Keld Denar
2013-09-06, 12:33 AM
Hanjo

Hanjo dismounts, glaive in one hand, reins in the other. Squatting down, he sniffs first one track, then the other, trying to ascertain a direction of travel.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] (with Scent)

Surnrnoner
2013-09-09, 09:19 AM
Dances With Dragons

Up to this point the drunken hunter has been in his own world, suffering from the lack of drink, and certainly not in possession of the capacity to pay attention to his surroundings. But as the party draws to a halt, he shifts in his saddle, sits up, and looks around blearily.
Survival: [roll0]
Spot1: [roll1]
Spot2: [roll2]

After taking into account his surroundings, he nods once, and dismounts.

He then wanders off into some brush and relieves himself, completely oblivious to the rest of the world.

EDIT: Touching up response to fit rolls.

Deadline
2013-09-09, 09:41 AM
Ash

Ash takes advantage of the stop to take a pull from his waterskin and wipe the sweat from his brow. He looks to the Marshal, "Well Marshal, what's your call? Do you want to follow these tracks? It might lead us into a trap, so we should be ready."

Ash pulls his rifle from it's secured place by his saddle, and lays it across the saddle in front of him, as if to emphasize the point.

AngryCyc
2013-09-09, 10:13 AM
Marshal

I wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to post..... That's the problem with being the leader on PbP is I don't want to end up cutting over someone else's chance to play :P

"Alright men, gather round... here's what we're going to do... we're going to head up a bit further to that next bend around the hoodoo and set an ambush up for whoever is following us. So ride steady towards there like we haven't even noticed the tracks, and keep it slow... as soon as we get clear of his vision though, I want everyone to hunker down and hide as well as they can. I'll take all the horses up a bit further so they don't blow the cover. Everyone got it?

If the person following us be unfriendly to us, well... you all know what to do. If he be friendly though we need to give him the chance. Hopefully he'll head right past your ambush into me and we can have a nice civil talk."

Barring any disagreements, the Marshal rides up to the designated area to break the line of vision with the follower. He quickly has everyone dismount and hide, pointing out some good places to take cover, and then grabs all the horses' reins and runs them up the trail even further for a good quarter mile or so.

Hey. You guys are going to like this. +5 to any dex checks for all of you. So take a free +5 to Hide and, why not throw in some Aid Another's while we're at it?
[roll0]

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-09, 10:16 AM
Linebarrel rides up and darts behind a hoodoo, attempting to hide quickly.

[roll0]

Tinker darts up and sit on top of the hoodoo, looking around for the people who followed us.

Hide
[roll1]

Spot
[roll2]

Surnrnoner
2013-09-09, 02:14 PM
Dances With Dragons

At the mention of an ambush, DWD perks up a bit. This was starting to sound a little like hunting. He was good at hunting. So he took in the lay of the land, chose an adequate spot from which to ambush his prey, knocked an arrow in his bow, and hid.

Hide:

From his vantage point, DWD tries to pick out their unwelcome guest
Spot:
[roll]1d20+4
...these rolls are not pretty...

razorback
2013-09-10, 07:11 AM
Will

Will nods towards the marshal and eases in his stirrups as they move foward.
Making a clicking sound and a slight pull on the reins, he moves the horse forward as he resists the urge to look back.
Once clear of the hoodoo he quickly dismounts and hands the reins to the marshal. Taking a quick look around he spots a rock a bit larger than himself with some scrub brush poking out, which he makes for. Scurrying up the incline a bit, he keeps his footing without disturbing any rocks. Once there, he eases Laura and Sarah out, checking the action and loads on both pistols, before easing Sarah back into her holster as he waits with Laura ready. He looks around and wonders where the sheriff went off an' hid, as he can't see him anymore.

Spot
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

Hide
[roll2]

Move Silently
[roll3]

Deadline
2013-09-10, 04:51 PM
Ash

Ash nods to the Marshal and rides around the bend. He quickly dismounts and ties his horse to the train of steeds the Marshal is leading away, before taking up a sniping position in a stand of boulders. He braces his rifle on a smooth portion of rock, and waits.

Hide Check (1d20+8 +7 from the Marshal): [roll0]

RFLS
2013-09-10, 05:52 PM
The Spires:

A tiny, darting figure comes around the bend. Its movements are ratlike, furtive and sneaking. It comes closer, not seeing the trap set for it. As it walks into the center of your ambush, the more perceptive of you see that it's a kobold. A desert rat, scum of the brushland, hated by criminals and townsfolk alike.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-10, 05:57 PM
Linebarrel

Linebarrel steps out from behind his Hoodoo and great the kobold with a friendly smile

"Howdy, fellow, what brings you to be following my little group today?"

Deadline
2013-09-11, 09:56 AM
Ash

Ash lines up his shot, sighting in the kobold down the smooth barrel of his rifle. His anger and hatred towards the Purple Wyvern gang boils inside of him, but he holds his fire while Linebarrel speaks. Ash visually scrutinizes the kobold for any sign that he might be part of the gang.

Keld Denar
2013-09-11, 08:36 PM
Hanjo

No friend of kobolds, Hanjo braces himself against the wall, prepared to charge forward and shorten the beast by the span of it's head.

Gnarnia
2013-09-11, 11:20 PM
Syllestrae

After her run in with that damned halfling, Syllestrae is even less trusting of small folk than she already was. She glances around nervously in case of an ambush, but leaves most of the talking to the law.

RFLS
2013-09-12, 01:36 PM
Hoodoos:

The kobold stops dead in its tracks, staring up at the massive metal man with large, slitted eyes. "I...I...I...I...hungry?"

Closer to it, you can see that it's dressed in little more than rags, and skinnier than a snake.

AngryCyc
2013-09-12, 01:40 PM
Marshal

The Marshal waits for a bit then starts heading slowly back towards the hiding place with all the horses. If he sees the kobold talking to the Sheriff he continues at a leisurely pace.

razorback
2013-09-12, 03:20 PM
Will

As Will sees the kobold come into view, he relaxes for a moment as he releases the hammer. Thinking for a moment, he signals to Ash, Dances with Dragons, Hanjo, and Syllestrae to keep an eye on the surrounds, in case this was just a distraction, pantomiming by pointing towards his eyes and then making a big circle. He then set back towards watching.

Alokue
2013-09-12, 05:13 PM
Tin's rifle is at his shoulder, but sloped down to the ground in front of him, as he stands behind the rock, listening. He'll be ready to step out and shoot should it be necessary, but right now he's looking the other way, trying to make sure the group won't have to pull a Caesar. Luke lies on the ground, still and quiet, helping him look and listen.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-15, 04:22 PM
Linebarrel

"Well, I am sure that one of us has some food you can take. It's a cruel thing to be out in the sands with no food or water. I can take it, but brass is like that."

Gnarnia
2013-09-16, 09:54 PM
Syllestrae

Syllestrae looks on, somewhat disapprovingly. "I ain't sayin don't feed the retched thing, but you do know that if you give that thing somethin' that ten more are gonna pop up that we haven't seen yet, right?"

razorback
2013-09-17, 07:27 AM
Will

Ignoring the banter of Linebarrel and Syllestrae, Will continues to scan the area for trouble.
"If you are done playing with your new pet, I reckon' we should be on our way. That gang ain't gonna catch themselves."
With that he eases himself out of his hiding location and moves towards the horses.

RFLS
2013-09-17, 09:39 AM
The Hoodoos:

The kobold munches happily on the food it's given; making small squeaks and grunts of happiness.

Deadline
2013-09-17, 09:41 AM
Ash

As the others ease out of hiding and approach the kobold, Ash sighs, gathers up his things, and steps out of hiding. He grabs a stale hard-tack from his saddle bags and tosses it to the kobold. He looks at the ragged little creature for a moment, then tips his hat to it. "Heard there was trouble out here, I don't suppose you know where we can find it?"

AngryCyc
2013-09-17, 01:13 PM
Marshal

After a couple minutes, the Marshal makes it back and is quickly filled in on the situation... He joins in on asking the little feller a few questions about the surrounding areas and the location of the gang...

Gnarnia
2013-09-21, 09:16 AM
Syllestrae

Syllestrae watches the kobold scarfing down the bits of food. Then she watches the others watching the kobold scarfing down the bits of food. Then she watches the kobold watching the others watching the kobold scarfing down bits of food. The she watches the others watching the kobold watching the others watching the kobold scarfing down bits of food.

"I ain't never believin none of you ever again who comes into the saloon tellin me about all the excitement they had when their posse went out riding!" She hops off her horse and strides over to the sand rat. "Look darlin', I don't mean to be rude, but do you mind takin those biscuits out of yer mouth long enough to answer the marshal's question? This ain't a picnic."

She then repeats the question in Draconic (her question, and the Marshal's).

razorback
2013-09-21, 12:03 PM
Will

Will, not seeing anything resembling an ambush, mosies over to where Syllestrae is speaking to the kobold, hand resting on his holstered pistol.

"If your done pickin' up strays, we should git moving. We're wasting daylight."

RFLS
2013-09-22, 05:25 PM
The Hoodoos:

The kobold stops for long enough to spit out a few phrases.

"Men...gang...rocks over that way?"

It gestures west of where you are, towards some of the taller hoodoos.

AngryCyc
2013-09-22, 05:29 PM
Marshal

"And this is why we should all be nice to strangers! Thank you... that info should help us mightily. If there isn't any more info you could tell us about the gang, we best be on our way... Is everyone ready?"

Let's get to some accctiiiioonnnnn already!!

Gnarnia
2013-09-22, 07:24 PM
Syllestrae

Syllestrae is already climbing back into the saddle as the Marshal asks his question. "Ready and then some, darlin'"

razorback
2013-09-22, 08:00 PM
Will

"Reckon so... Should we go on foot and try to bushwhack 'em?"

Deadline
2013-09-23, 09:43 AM
Ash

Ash nods in the affirmative to the Marshal, "Ready when you are Marshal. I'm in favor of sneaking in and catching them by surprise. Normally I'd say these boys are more likely to shoot you than talk to you, but you seem to have a way with words Marshal, so you make the call."

RFLS
2013-09-23, 12:50 PM
The Hoodoos

The kobold scampers off, mouth stuffed with biscuits, rather like a chipmunk. Well...I suppose you'd be more familiar with a whistle pig1.

The group rode on through them hoodoos, and after not too long at all, they started seeing smoke rising up over them. It looked like the Purple Wyvern Gang was home.

There's a half dozen rock formations between you and where the smoke is coming from; you're about 100 yards away. I'll need Move Silently checks if you come within 50 yards, and Hide checks if you come within 25 yards.

1Whistle pigs are groundhogs for those of you that ain't rednecks.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-23, 12:54 PM
Linebarrel

Linebarrel sends Tinker up and over to take a good look around. The little bird should be nearly impossible to spot at any significant distance. Once he returns, Linebarrel has him sketch a map of the camp in the dirt.

Gnarnia
2013-09-23, 02:13 PM
Syllestrae

Syllestrae makes a gun gesture with her fingers and aims it at the clockwork bird as it flies off to scout. "Bang."

Sighing at the loss of something exciting to do, she leans up against a shaded hoodo and starts checking her makeup.

Keld Denar
2013-09-23, 09:26 PM
Hanjo

Hanjo puts away the pipe he had been smoking. No time for tobacco now. Checking the straps on his saddle, the tall befeathered man tightens his grip on his weapon.

Deadline
2013-09-25, 11:12 AM
Ash

Ash takes a long pull from his waterskin while he waits for the little mechanical bird to return. He looks around at the posse, considering each of his companions. The Marshal and the Sheriff were clearly here as part of their duties, but what of the rest of them? The mercenary, the other tracker and his dog, and even the native all had an apparent reason to be risking life and limb here. But the saloon girl? That was a new one even to him.

Ash tips his hat up and asks Syllestrae, "Ma'am, I hope you'll pardon my forwardness in asking, but why did you decide to risk your life by coming out here?"

Once the bird arrives, Ash settles down to the business at hand.

Gnarnia
2013-09-25, 12:48 PM
Syllestrae

The nymph replies in a hushed voice "You know a little turd named Flapjack Sackins? Little halfling fellow, tries to pass himself off as a farmer? He took me in a hand of poker some time back. Double or nothing indeed. I owe him a fair bit still, and judgin by how antsy he was to get his hands on it, I don't figure I'm riskin my life any more by travelling with you fine gents than I was hangin out back in town, and if there's any reward to be had I might be able to get that bastard off my back (or off my legs, I suppose. I ain't sure he could actually reach my back even if he jumped).

What about you? Did this gang bring some harm to you or your kin?"

razorback
2013-09-25, 02:33 PM
Will

Will walks over to a bush and relieves himself of the chewing tobacco then take another dip from his pouch as he watches the others.

"What's yer fancy bird see while it was out?"

Deadline
2013-09-25, 03:45 PM
Syllestrae

"What about you? Did this gang bring some harm to you or your kin?"

Ash

The elf nods at Syllestrae's words and looks pensive when she asks him about his reasons. He leans in and answers quietly, "They came through my land a while back. The railroad had been trying to cheat me out of my home for a while, and when I didn't see things their way, this gang shows up." He reflexively reaches into his vest pocket but stops short. He clenches his jaw for a moment before continuing, "They burned down everything that ever meant anything to me. They'll get what's coming to them. First them, then Tralyx."

RFLS
2013-09-26, 10:54 AM
The tiny, mechanical bird comes back down, and starts scratching lines and circles out in the dust. There's a cluster of large circles, the hoodoos, in a group. You can see the cluster in question just ahead; it's where the smoke is rising from. Inside the cluster, the bird scratches a little sign for fire in the middle, and then 6 tiny x's.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-26, 10:57 AM
Linebarrel

Linebarrel nods and the little bird flies back onto his hat.

"Ok, it looks like we have 6 of them around a large fire. How do we want to go about this one?"

AngryCyc
2013-09-26, 12:35 PM
"We give 'em the chance to surrender. We should surround them and I'll walk up and read 'em their rights. Hopefully they'll
Come quietly. When they don't, you all step out and then at least maybe they'll surrender under threat.

If things go way bad though... Well. If nothing else can be done, take 'em however you can..."

Deadline
2013-09-26, 02:50 PM
Ash

"Well then," Ash drawls, "I reckon we'd better get into position." And with that, Ash moves off to sneak into a good sniping position.

Hide Check: [roll0]
Move Silent Check: [roll1]

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-26, 02:59 PM
Linebarrel

"I'll walk in with you. No need for you to turn yourself into a target dummy. Besides, I don't have a gun right now."

Gnarnia
2013-09-26, 04:59 PM
Syllestrae

The Saloon girl quietly creeps off, trying to take cover behind the hoodos as she walks closer.

Move silently check: [roll0]

Hide check: [roll1]

And that's a natural 1 on my hide check.

razorback
2013-09-27, 11:39 AM
Will

Will nods at the others and says "Best watch yer crossfire. Don't want one of you pluggin' me by accident. I'll watch your guys backs but if it comes to shootin', you need to let us know if yer going to stand yer ground or run for cover."
Once he has his answer, he moves off to a flanking position as quietly as he can.

Hide
[roll0]
Move Silently
[roll1]

Alokue
2013-09-27, 01:25 PM
Tinbordrol:

Everybody be careful out there. We've got the jump. Ought to go quick and easy. Tin hoists his gun and gets into position. If there's easy cover near the hoodlums, he takes some of it. Luke he tells to stay put, after they've picked a spot to hide.

[roll0] tin hide
[roll1] tin move silently = 20
[roll2] Luke aid hide
[roll3] Luke aid move silently

[roll4] Luke hide =23
[roll5] Luke move silently = 17
[roll6] tin aid hide
[roll7] tin aid move silently

Keld Denar
2013-09-28, 08:56 PM
Hanjo

Hobbling his horse a ways back, the large man grips his glaive tightly. Looking around for a large bit of rock to hide behind as close as possible, the big man moves with an unnatural grace.

Staying far enough away to not have to roll Hide/Move Silent. Prepared to manifest Expansion if when things go poorly for negotiations.

RFLS
2013-09-30, 06:00 PM
The Purple Wyvern Gang:

Yeah...rolled initiative. Every single one of you beat them, and they all failed their Spot checks. Should be fun >.<

The Marshall and Linebarrel rode right on in to that camp, and, well, the Purple Wyvern Gang were more than a little surprised when the Marshall started speaking his piece.

AngryCyc
2013-09-30, 06:09 PM
"Boys lets keep this nice and cordial now... Me and the sheriff have to bring you in now. Lets not make this be a big ordeal now...!i don't wanna see no weapons drawn..."

A round or two before this, I was going to summon in some swarm 'o bats to be flyin' on the peripherals, ready to attack if they attack...

Deadline
2013-09-30, 06:16 PM
Ash

From his sniping spot behind some rocks, Ash peers at the bandits and tries to spot one he knows. Finally, he aims steady at one of the bandits, ready to drill him through when trouble starts.

Ash will aim for a bandit he recognizes, if any. If he doesn't recognize anyone, he aims at a bandit near the back.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-30, 08:03 PM
LInebarrel casts Enlarge person, and looms over the back of the marshal, glaring at the gang.

[roll0] + size modifier

Gnarnia
2013-09-30, 11:52 PM
Syllestrae

Stumbling and tripping over the uneven terrain, Syllestrae finally manages to get into cover behind one of the hoodoos. Drawing her gun, she aims down the sites at the men and holds steady in case things don't go well.

Readied action to take 1 shot if it looks like the gang is getting lethally violent. She'll aim at whichever target looks easiest to hit (so far as she can tell).

[roll0]

If they don't get violent, or if they only use non-lethal force, she won't fire.

RFLS
2013-10-02, 10:26 AM
The Hoodoos

The bandits look up, surprised. None of them are known to you, but that doesn't matter, because they're already reaching for their guns...

Surprise round, then you guys go first >.> Stupid, fat bandits. Anyway.

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-02, 10:52 AM
Linebarrel.

Linebarrel charges the bandits, targeting a person in the back of the group to position himself in the middle of the bandits.

Question and rolls

Did I get off the enlarge person spell before combat?

Attack
[roll0] - Missed the +2 for charging

Damage if large
[roll1] - Missed the +2 for charging

damage if medium
[roll2] - Missed the +2 for charging

AngryCyc
2013-10-02, 12:05 PM
Marshal

"Now boys! I done said there's no need for this to get hostile! We have you surrounded, outgunned and outflanked! Now there is no reason you can't walk away from this alive and unharmed but if that's not the way you want this to play out...."

Diplo or intimidate? I want to get them to stand down but not sure which one of those it would be... Here take them both

Diplo[roll0]
Intim [roll1]

Whichever one fits better for influencing them in this situation since I'm kind of threatening, but also kind of trying to not have violence happen...

Gnarnia
2013-10-03, 07:22 AM
Syllestrae

Seeing the men reach for their guns, Syllestrae pulls the trigger. The bang from her pistol echos through the hoodoos but the bullet misses its mark.

Frowning, she takes aim and tries again, aiming for a bandit not engaged in melee. Unfortunately, sand got into the revolver and causes a missfire, the bullet shattering inside the chamber in a puff of black smoke.

Cursing, she ducks back behind the cover of the hoodoo after contributing about as much to the firefight as one would expect from a saloon girl.

Had a previous readied action from the surprise round that surely missed.

Standard action: Fire pistol at a bandit not engaged in melee: [roll0]
Pistol critical confirmation if needed:[roll1]
Pistol damage: [roll2]
Pistol crit damage if needed: [roll3]

Move action: Duck back behind the cover of the hoodoo.

razorback
2013-10-03, 10:34 AM
Will

Will, spitting a bit of his tobacco out, takes aim with Laura and holds his aim as he waits to see how the bandits react to the marshal.

Ready an action to fire at the nearest bandit to Will. If the bandit draws his weapon he'll shoot.
To Hit
[roll0]

Crit Conf as necessary
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Deadline
2013-10-03, 11:21 AM
Ash

Despite the Marshal's plea, Ash needs little encouragement to shoot and takes the Sheriff's charge as a sign, squeezing off a shot in between breaths. He takes no small satisfaction in seeing the shot ring true. He smoothly chambers another round and prepares to put a round into another bandit who isn't in melee range of the Sheriff.

Roll to hit (vs Touch AC): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit Confirm(if necessary): [roll2]
Extra Crit Damage: [roll3]

Keld Denar
2013-10-03, 10:03 PM
Hanjo

Crouching low behind his protective rock, Hanjo's body expands to tremendous proportions. His already large weapons become huge in his massive hands.

Deadline
2013-10-08, 09:26 AM
Ash

Ash lines up his second shot lightning quick on another uninjured bandit, the muzzle flash reflecting off of the steel of the rifle's barrel and the steel in Ash's eyes.

Just realized that we get two actions before the bad guys. Here is Ash's second shot.

Attack vs. Touch AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit Confirm (if necessary) [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]