PDA

View Full Version : Awesome House Rules

atomicwaffle
2013-08-25, 07:39 PM
The cool older cousin in college with an electric car is here as a companion to the Stupid House Rules. Let's get to it. These are awesome house rules of my dm.

-When rolling stats, if all 4 dice are the same you add up all 4 instead of 3
-A critical on a skill check means you reroll and add them together (and again if you roll another critical)
-Crit threats in weapon threat range are an auto hit, it doesn't have to be 20
-Crit threat followed by another crit followed by a confirmed hit is an instant KO
-When casting a spell with a touch attack (such as Scorching Ray), add your caster level to your attack roll.

-'AFK syndrome.' This is a special ailment that affects any PC's who are absent during a session. Their items cannot be taken, are impervious to damage, and can't be moved. When the PC returns either later or next session, usually 1 of 2 things happens, after they, "Awake several hours later in a daze." Either an old man will show up stating, "I got powers!" and then blast you with Lightning, catapulting you across the land to wherever the party is. Or, a lady in white will say, "Your friends need your help" and teleport you there by crushing you into a singularity and 'unpacking' you at the party. Our dm has even worked these NPC's as mythical characters part of the world's lore.

Greenish
2013-08-25, 08:03 PM
What's wrong with this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299085) thread?

[Edit]: At least three of those probably are in the "Stupid houserules" thread.

atomicwaffle
2013-08-25, 08:16 PM
i did not see that thread. my bad.