PDA

View Full Version : Ways around Mind Blank and Prot of Evil/Good?

Darkhope
2013-08-25, 08:31 PM
Are there ways around these spells/effects? I really like the enchantment line spells and effects, especially in an epic game. But most of my pc's are immune through various classes, races, items, and spells. I was wondering if any D&D encyclopedia's out there know of a trick around being immune to Mind-Affecting, Enchantment/Compulsion, and Fear effects?

Piggy Knowles
2013-08-25, 08:36 PM
There's the Shatter Mind Blank (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/shatterMindBlank.htm) power, the Dread Witch class (allowing you to overcome fear immunity), and the various dispels. Other than that... sadly, not really. It's sad, but it's one of the reasons why enchantments are rather limited in impact.

Chronos
2013-08-25, 08:41 PM
Immunity to fear effects, you can get around with the Dread Witch prestige class, from Heroes of Horror. I don't think there's any way for the others, though, short of dispelling their buffs.

Darkhope
2013-08-25, 09:02 PM
If you dispel a buff, and get them under an effect, but they can put the buff up again as a free action, does it dispel or suppress the effect they're under or would they still be under the effect?

Zanos
2013-08-25, 09:26 PM
There's the Shatter Mind Blank (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/shatterMindBlank.htm) power, the Dread Witch class (allowing you to overcome fear immunity), and the various dispels. Other than that... sadly, not really. It's sad, but it's one of the reasons why enchantments are rather limited in impact.
That power is a lot worse than I remember it being. Target gets a save, PR, and you have to make a CL check? Geez.

Psyren
2013-08-25, 09:29 PM
Play Pathfinder? Mind Blank and Pro: X aren't the silver bullets vs. enchantment that they are in 3.5.

Chronos
2013-08-25, 09:32 PM
That power is a lot worse than I remember it being. Target gets a save, PR, and you have to make a CL check? Geez.And it's two levels higher than just using Dispel Psionics.