PDA

View Full Version : One player, 5 DM gauntlet. [3.PF]

jguy
2013-08-25, 08:49 PM
Okay, I came up with a scenario for my players to help them be better players and see what it is like on the other side of the screen for a chance. This is also a challenge for me to help me be more creative and multitask better.

The scenario is this. I have 5 players. Each player will design 2 self-contained encounters for 4 level 9 characters. Their goal will to party-wipe me. My goal will to crush their encounters. I will take my 4 guys through 5 encounters in a row before I can rest for spells. After the first 5 go through, if I live, the players will be allow to adjust their remaining encounter to tactics I have used.

I put it to you, the playground, what would your optimal 4 man party be? I have several ideas so far but what party would you construct for this gauntlet? And remember, these encounters can be literally anything and don't have to have any narrative connection.

GreenETC
2013-08-25, 09:03 PM
An optimal 4-man party for ECL 9?
The primary concern is whether or not "encounter" constitutes a fight or not, or if a hallway of endless traps could count as one.

I'd probably want a Wizard focused on debuffing and set up for reliability and huge numbers of spells per day, a Cleric focused on DMM: Persisting to boost the whole party, an Ubercharger, and a Tripper Rogue with a Spiked Chain. If there's no need for trapfinding, I'd say just do some ToB shenanigans for your two melee guys.

jguy
2013-08-25, 09:05 PM
well they have 25600 xp per self contained "area" to use on enemies, traps and whatnot. Anyone DM can cause a TPK by sending things 4 or 5 CR above the party, it takes creativity to make it fair and unfair at same time.

atomicwaffle
2013-08-25, 09:35 PM
displacer beasts. Lots and lots of displacer beasts.