PDA

View Full Version : Help on a Cleric/Bone Knight

Gwachitallemall
2013-08-25, 09:04 PM
Hi, I'm pretty new here, so I'll just get straight down to it.

I have a group that I'm currently running a Paladin/Crusader for, well, the group is kind of turning evil, so I either have to stop it or build a new character.

Here's the party, we're all level 5 except the wizard.

Elf Artificer, New Player, Relatively Low Optimization
Human Fighter 4/Human Paragon 1, New Player, Relatively Low Optimization
Tiefling Wizard 4 (Going into Swiftblade) Been playing for about 5 years, Medium Optimization.

So what I have is a Cloistered Cleric 4, Ordained Champion 1, Neutral Good or Neutral Evil going into Bone Knight. (Five Nations)

This is an Eberron Specific setting, no other campaign setting material allowed, No dragon magazines or web articles allowed, No third party material allowed.

What I'm looking for is some feats and other recommendations, I have the chassis of the character fleshed out, here's the stats if it helps.
Str: 15 Dex: 11 Con: 18 Int: 10 Wis: 18 Cha: 16
I'm looking for a medium optimization character that will be able to fit with the rest of the party, we're supposed to be facing a large amount of Vampires and Were-creatures soon. If anyone has any ideas on Feats, and Gear (Minus Weapon/Armor, I get those from Bonecraft Knight, so I'll be waiting on that.
Here is exactly how the progression will go- Cloistered Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 2/ Bone Knight 10/Ordained Champion 3/ X 1 - Not exactly sure what to run for my last level, but I don't think this group will go until 20. So if anyone has any recommendations, go ahead and post them out for me, thanks. I'm running War, Sun, and Knowledge Domains, And my skills are Knowledge Arc, Nat, Dungeon, Religion, The Planes, and Concentration and Craft Armorsmithing. Alright, thanks for your help.

TL;DR Need help on Cleric going into Boneknight, Feats, Gear, and Alignment.
Edit: Yes, the DM's agreed to change the fluff on Ordained Champion so I can use Dol Arrah or The Mockery

Waker
2013-08-25, 09:25 PM
Featwise, I would say you could benefit from taking Craft Magic Armor and Weapons to augment the bone equipment that you can craft. I doubt that you have done so at the time, but ask your DM if he will allow you to replace the Sun Domain power with a Combat Feat using the Ordained Champion ability since you can no longer Turn Undead when you become a Bone Knight. Speaking of which, you should have 4 domains, not 3. You get two for being a Cleric, Knowledge for being Cloistered and one more when you took Ordained Champion.
If you foresee facing a lot of enemies with supernatural abilities, you might want to look at feats like Supernatural Defense or Supernatural Crusader from ToM.

Gwachitallemall
2013-08-25, 09:37 PM
Oh yes, I've already written down the Ordained Champion ability and gained Good Domain. I then tossed Good domain and Sun Domain powers for combat feats. I hadn't thought about Craft Magic Armor and Weapons because there was an artificer. I'll take a look at the two feats you suggested though, thanks.