PDA

View Full Version : Help with Houseruled Psion(3.0 and 3.5 mix)

Yasahiro
2013-08-25, 09:52 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first thread on this forum so please be gentle with me, allright?

I wanted to ask everyone for help on a build. I recently managed to join a D&D group. I decided to play a Psion but sadly my GM hardly accepts anything that isn't translated into our language(Polish) so we only have access to very first Psionics Handbook for 3.0.

I have managed to show him how broken are these rules and how crippled a Psion would be if we were to use them, but he still doesn't want to download an Expanded Psionic's Handbook. However, I managed to get him to make small changes, some were his ideas and some were mine, making an odd mix of sorts.

1. Psion can learn powers through meditating one hour a day for a week times the level of power. If it is outside his discipline, he has to spend 2 more weeks. Psion can also learn through power stones, only taking one hour to learn the whole thing if he makes succesful Psicraft check.
2. Psion only uses the key attribute for his discpline for manifestation of all powers, except the Psionic Fighting Style.
3. We use 3.5 Psion power points from the class levels.
4. We took down the augmenting power point cap.
5. He can accept some powers from 3.5, if they are explained.
6. No classes use any feats to create magical or psionic items. However, we have a special feat that allows for a bit stronger creation of sorts. It's like Crafting Magic items only based on a Skill check for a Creation skill we made, taking less than hour and can be considered as similar to Full Metal Alchemist Alchemy(As in, I can use it in combat too, depending what I make. So manipulating environment.)
7. Custom Prestige Classes. One is based on said Creation feat and one is basically "Big guy with me" prestige class so Psicrystal can have its own body.(Like Summoner from Pathfinder condensed into Prestige class, based on Astral Construct.)
8. We use Astral Construct and Psi Crystal stats from 3.5
9. By paying 2 more points for Astral Construct(Power acts like those from 3.0, not 3.5) I can increase one attribute of the construct by 1 or give him feat from list A(double cost for higher menus)
10. Psi crystal can be placed into freshly manifested Astral Construct so it controls it.

I believe that would be all about the changes. Now here is what I wanted to say. I am going to play a Shaper Psion that is focusing on creating various items, some being some sort of utility things(Gourd filled with ectoplasm, capable of creating a forge to use while making weapons) to genius weapons(vibroblade). Psionics are kind off based on laws of physics kinda.

We have Knowledge(Anatomy) which for every 20 rangs( I am surely going to convince him to change it to 10) can influence Psy Metabolism powers to make them better. It also gives synergy on certain stuff involving Heal, while it is also important if I were to try to modify creatures in eggs or cocoons(Example, phase spider). We also have condensed the Crafting skills so making Armor, Weapons and anything involving metals is simply Craft(blacksmithing)

I believe this will be enough of house rules...Or is it?

Now here is what I want to ask you. I want to ask you to help with suggestions for discussing these prestige classes and ideas for a build for my Psion. Give me your thoughts and plans.

However, here is my idea for character, so you know what is my aim. I want my character to be able to craft amazing stuff but also be able to utilize it well, taking one Exotic profficiency feat to be able to wield said Vibrosword, which will be powered by Cognizance crystal or crystals that will be filled with magic(Basically magic/psionic batteries, with the possibility of changing type of battery so the weapon will function in anti magic/psionic field). I will take full Prestige class for the Psi Crystal Prestige class, as at 10th level it will allow me to do the Fusion power with it. This means that while I will usually be at the back, I want my character to also be able to hold his own while having to fight directly.

I will make use of the Persistant Power feat, usually for constructs. There is possiblity of my Psi Crystal getting stronger by devouring other Psi Crystals or Psion Killers.(Think Spirit of Fire from Shaman King)

Now, Why the information for these prestige classes is that vague? Because we haven't fully decided on them, thus your suggestions will be welcome.

Give me your best ideas, suggestions and plans for builds. I am counting on you!

Besides what I said about Psionic Handbook 3.0, we are also using those:

Player's Handbook 3.0
Player's Handbook 3.5
Dungeon Master's Guide 3.0
Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5
Deities and Demigods
Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerun
Oriental Adventures
Arms and Equipment Guide
Tome and Blood: A Guidebook to Wizards and Sorcerers
Manual of Planes
Book of Vile Darkness
Monster Manual II(3.0)
Sword and Fist: A Guidebook to Monks and Fighters
Defenders of the Faith: A Guidebook to Clerics and paladins
Song and Silence: A Guidebook to Bards and Rogues
Epic Level Handbook
Psionics Handbook
Stronghold Builder's Guidebook
Masters of the Wild: A Guidebook to Barbarians, Druids and Rangers
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Magic of Faerun
Silver Marches
Lords of Darkness
Faiths & Pantheons
Shining South
Races of Faerun
Player's Guide to Faerun
Underdark

Board, I am counting on you!

Edit: We use "Psionics are different" variant, except SR equals Power Resistance, because GM is lazy

Edit 2: This special Creation feat allows me to avoid manifester level reqs if I make item similar to normal one, but I still need powers related to effect I want. For skill checks I can either use relevant Craft skill or that special one, but I need to know in-character how to make the item(Basics. If I want to make something like Psionic magnifying glass, I need to know how to make normal magnifying glass). Note that it will also affect grafts, protheses and animals while their body is undeveloped. I am taking the feat as fast as possible though. I take title "Shaper" to heart.