PDA

View Full Version : Healer / Augmented Healing / Vigor

Zuke
2013-08-25, 10:06 PM
Hi Guys & Girls,

Question time: Does the Healers (Class) Healing hands add to each round of healing by Lessor Vigor or only at the start \ end?

I feel there are two ways to look at this,

1) The amount of damage healed is per round there for your bonus is added per round.
or
2) The amount of damage healed (as a total) then the bonus applies at the end of the spell.

I believe number one makes more sense, but I want to hear from you guys & girls out there.

Healing Hands: Whenever a healer casts a spell that cures hit point damage, she adds her Charisma modifier to the amount of damage healed. For instance, if a 5th-level healer with an 18 Charisma casts cure light wounds, she cures 1d8+5 points of damage normally, plus an additional 4 points of damage due to her Charisma bonus. This bonus applies only to spells of the healing subschool that she casts as a healer, not to those that she may have by virtue of levels in another class.

Augmented Healing: Add +2 points per spell level to the amount of damage healedby any Conjuration [Healing] spell that you cast. For example, a 1st-level cleric with this feat casting cure light wounds would restore 1d8+3 hp. An 8th-level cleric with the Healing domain and this feat casting cure moderate wounds would restore 2d8+13 hp (9 for his caster level including the +1 caster level bonus for the Healing domain, + 4 for the feat). A 13th-level druid casting heal would restore 144 hp (130 for her caster level + 14 for the feat, since heal is a 7th-level druid spell).

Have Fun
Zuke

Chronos
2013-08-25, 10:09 PM
The Healer's ability is "whenever you cast...", and Augmented Healing is "...to the damage healed by the spell". Both only apply once per spell.

LTwerewolf
2013-08-25, 10:17 PM
The argument is made that the vigor line doesn't heal, it only grants you fast healing.

Zuke
2013-08-25, 10:37 PM
The argument is made that the vigor line doesn't heal, it only grants you fast healing.

LTwerewolf I understand your thoughts but as its its still a Conjuration Healing spell, regardless of how it works, I believe it trumps the fast healing point of view.

None the less,

I have change my opinion based on what Chronos explained.

Thank you both for your reply.

LTwerewolf
2013-08-25, 10:42 PM
An evocation spell that doesn't do damage doesn't get bonus damage because it's an evocation spell. Conversely, a conjuration (healing) spell that doesn't heal doesn't gain bonus healing. It simply grants a special quality.

Lateral
2013-08-25, 11:20 PM
Unfortunately, the Vigor line doesn't actually heal. It gives its subjects Fast Healing, and the Fast Healing heals the subjects, but the spell isn't healing the targets, so it doesn't qualify for those.