PDA

View Full Version : The Moonsea North

Fearghus
2013-08-25, 10:14 PM
11 Mirtul, 1372 Dale Reckoning

Glister, The Inn of the Wandering Dragon

The Cold Lands have been in thaw for over three tendays. Rains have poured incessantly during that time leaving the trade trails as nothing more than deep ruts of mud. Caravan trains arrive and depart daily. Some take the long trail around the west of Thar where the barbarians of The Ride hunt and raid. Others brave the east trails through the hills and plains infested with goblin and worse. Only the largest and best protected caravans, or groups small and fast enough to move undetected, seek the shortest and most deadly path that cuts through the center of Thar to Melvaunt.

This morning the lot of you are answering a general summons. A man calling himself Sir Finnean Farstrider is seeking those willing to aid in the exploration of a ruin. A hills and trail guide a must, anyone knowing the language of the goblinoids and beastmen desired, and anyone capable of lending to the groups fighting potential welcome.

The morning air is cool, uncomforably so for one not dressed appropriately, even in the inn. The hearth fire blazes and a older woman pours water into a couldron over the flames, followed by vegetables and small bits of meat. The window shades are open to allow additional light to enter the common room. Several individuals sit at tables and the bar, consuming their breakfast while preparing their next move.

shizukanashi
2013-08-26, 12:24 AM
Finnean stares at the fire and the fledgling soup just taking form. His stomach rumbled. With luck that soup would be ready by the time this business was concluded and he could "break fast" with the motley crew that had come out to answer his summons. Finnean was not one to let his nerves get the better of him, but having very little to offer this crew but perhaps a dozen gold, left him unsure of their response, and that left him unsure of his safety. The Moonsea was considerably less civilized that his homeland. He approached the hearth, the centerpoint of the tavern, cleared his thoat, and tried to look calm and regal.

"Well met and salutations friends. I am Finnean Farstrider, a son of Cormanthor. Most of you know me, some better than others. I have resided here in Glister since just after Highharvestide of last year when I traveled from Melvaunt. I have Feasted the Moon with you and marked the Deadwinter's day from this very hearth with a pint of the ale. Though the cold winds still persist this day, I rejoiced with you the day of Greengrass only a tenday ago where together, we summoned the summer.

As you know me, you surely know my friend Thusk Tharmuil. It is because of him that I have called you here today. Just after Greengrass he shared with me a concern of his. Just a days journey east, on the trails that lead to Krackenhall lies a ruin of ancient and unknown origin. The place is overrun with goblinoids, who have harried the trade between Glister and the dwarven holds. As a historian I intend to study the ruins and hopefully discover their origin and purpose. Rediscovering the past is the best way to assure a prosperous future. I also aim to disrupt the goblin menace. As you know Goblinholes, when left to fester, often cause trouble. It is best to nip the greenskins when they first take hold, to assure the safety of Glister and also Krakenhall.

I ask that all those true of heart and valor assist me in these endeavours. I will need a hillsguide who knows the wilderness beyond the gates of Glister. Stalwart steel and true Faith are invaluable on any expedition. Finally though I have much interest in the forgotten knowledge's, I am admittedly an amateur historian. As I have been unable to convince Thusk to leave his vigil, I pray among you is an arcanist with whom I can study and confirm my findings on the nature of these ruins. What say you to these words?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-26, 03:31 AM
With slow steady exhales Balthos breathes into his hands which he has clasped in a ball before him. His fur coat fends off the chill of the room but does no justice in protecting his thick hands. As an older woman begins to roast a pot of stew Balthos studies the half-dozen or so individuals seated around the tavern's old hearth. From what he can tell several of them appear to be hardened by the rough life of the cold lands, and luckily they count another dwarf a midst their numbers. Strangely, the man who organized this little expedition appears to be a half-elf... Balthos hadnt meet many of them here in the north. He loses himself in though for a moment when suddenly the man begins his introduction...finally something to take his mind off the cold. With an occasional glance to the pot of stew beginning to bubble over the fire, he listens as Finnean explains his plans to explore a site of ruins in the Galena hills.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-08-26, 10:17 AM
Kosef moves from his leaning spot against the wall. He walks calmly toward Finnean, eyeing the assortment of people who appear to have also come to listen. He walks right up to Finnean, rudely shoving away an interposing barfly, and looks down at him.

"F-farstrider, huh? Sign me up. N-n-n-name's Kosef"

shizukanashi
2013-08-26, 12:33 PM
"Well met. Kosef." Finnean grinned as he took in the imposing visage before him. How he had not noticed him in the room before was a mystery. Kosef was hard to miss. The man towered over everyone in the room. Though imposing, his boney structure and apparent stutter caused Finnean to take him for a boy of 15 or 16 years. In the Moonsea that was enough though to call oneself a man, and judging by his size when Kosef fully grew into his frame there was no doubt he could wrestle an Owlbear. With such a man on the expedition others were sure to join.

"A pleasure to have such a large soldier. Where is your minstral? Surely a man of you statue has some hanger-on to tell the tale of his deeds." Finnean mocked, searching the room for some phantom bard with a ledger and a quill pen. Suddenly at ease, his previous trepidation pushed away, like the lowly barfly, by the first impressive volunteer.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-08-26, 12:44 PM
Kosef let loose a single chuckle and grinned half a grin at Finnean's inquiry. "Stuck in the snow. Had to eat him. Pity, he was only one that could c-cook. Made him sort of bland"

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-26, 01:35 PM
As the half-elven man goes on to explain the details of his proposed expedition Balthos attention wanders. He soon finds himself thinking of food again whilst casually scraping a clump of mud from the side of his boot onto the table leg. His attention however is snapped back to the man at the hearth when a towering man steps forward from the wall. Eyes widen slightly as Balthos realizes the man easily stands a full two feet taller than he...leaning back in his chair he nods to the other dwarf and motions his head towards the large man introducing himself as Kosef.

When Kosef mentions eating his minstrel Balthos lets out a single chuckle. Less a chuckle than a quick exhale through the nose but still loud enough that those nearby may have heard. Then he realize he cant actually tell if the man was joking. The dwarf makes a mental note to not become first on the pecking order of food should they get stranded in the wilds.

tice8769
2013-08-26, 10:59 PM
Daigotsu walked into the inn and quickly looks around when he hears the man introduce himself. He goes forward and introduces himself as the wandering sorcerer named daigotsu.
"I heard you needed help with the ruins and would love to join in your party of adventurers"
He said with a bit of a wicked smile.

ChaosLord29
2013-08-27, 12:41 AM
Allistair had listened to the rather long winded pontificating of the son of Cormanthor with growing interest, despite his droll tone and overstated sense of drama. If the man needed goblins dead and ruins raided, he might as well have just said as much, but seeing as how Allistair was short on coin and even shorter on a place to sleep since vacating his childhood home, he could hardly be choosy when the chance for killing and coin presented themselves hand in hand. Lifting his mug of ale and turning his chair around he leaned over the back and took a long pull before toasting towards Finnean.

"I've had more than enough just hanging around this gods forsaken pile of sticks just waiting for the next tribe of things to come along and try to kill us; can't be that much worse going out to kill them for a change." He exclaims with rather more relish than such cynicism might otherwise suggest. Draining his tankard, he tosses it casually over his shoulder and stands, tipping his chair over in the process. "Allistair Luccio, hired hand, blade, what-have-you, and I'd be more than pleased to join your little venture. Wager you'll need a man who knows how to survive out in these wilds, and that's me."

Manners aside, he seems a man very well pleased with himself, and wrings his hands, testing for any feeling the alcohol may have robbed from them, before tucking his thumbs into his beltloops, satisfied that he'd be ready to grip a hilt or haft inside of an hour or so to full effect.

Rendel Nep
2013-08-27, 06:38 AM
Noticing that his friend seem's interested, Oridim put's down the ale he has been steadly drinking before speaking up.
I'm pretty sure, as a dwarf of the cloth that goblin holes and ancient holds full of treaures tick enough boxes to be in Dumathoin's Favour. I can offer healing and some blessings. I, Oridim of Dumathoin wishes to accompany you. He calls out.

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-27, 10:02 AM
Studying the last few prospective adventurers, Balthos grabs his axe which had been leaning against the table and rests his forearm on the butt of the handle as an impromptu walking stick and leans a little further back in his chair. The addition of a man of the wild, who from the looks of it knew how to handle the local area’s eccentric tendencies, quelled his uneasiness. Though he still didn’t know what to think of the towering man or the sorcerer with the wicked looking smile and darting eyes, he turns and nods to the Oridimm.

He realizes that everyone else had thrown in their lot already, leaving him as the last undecided attendee. He looks down at the almost empty mug in his right hand and frowns slightly, then raises the mug towards Finnean and gets up from his chair. “Alright, count me in on your little expedition; let’s hear how you plan to go about it.” He downs the last of the drink in his mug and sets it on the wooden table. “If the cold or the beasts of the wild don’t have their way with us, this seems like it could turn to profitable bit of work… or if nothing else at least a bit ‘interesting’." With that last bit he glances from the sorcerer to the towering cleric, both still standing near the Finnean alongside the hearth.

“Now when do we eat?”

shizukanashi
2013-08-27, 12:49 PM
Finnean surveyed his crew: A grizzled ranger, A dwarven cleric, and another with an axe, an apparent sorcerer, and a giant. Everything he asked for and more.

"Well then. We set out in the morning, first light. For tonight enjoy your ale and get some of that stew."

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-27, 01:34 PM
Nodding in agreement, Balthos walks slowly around the end of the table and in the direction of the hearth. As he navigates around various patrons and chairs, he continues to inquire of Finnean: "Now, when ye say it's a day's journey east by trail... Did'ja plan on walking it? And more importantly did'ja account for the fact that aint all of us got tha stride of the big fella." He motions toward Kosef. "And if not by foot, are we to pay for our own steeds, or be that covered under the contract of the expedition?" The dwarf pauses at the hearth and looks into the stew pot.

ChaosLord29
2013-08-27, 06:15 PM
Nodding in agreement, Balthos walks slowly around the end of the table and in the direction of the hearth. As he navigates around various patrons and chairs, he continues to inquire of Finnean: "Now, when ye say it's a day's journey east by trail... Did'ja plan on walking it? And more importantly did'ja account for the fact that aint all of us got tha stride of the big fella." He motions toward Kosef. "And if not by foot, are we to pay for our own steeds, or be that covered under the contract of the expedition?" The dwarf pauses at the hearth and looks into the stew pot.

"I thought you dwarves preferred to keep your feet on the ground?" Said Allistair drawing up his chair beside the axe-armed frontiersman, knowing full well that it was little more than a common stereotype. "Your priest there won't be having to have words with you every hundred yards about the sanctity of keeping oneself close to the earth as possible will they?" His tone was irreverent but jovial, and he wasn't half so much looking to provoke the grim sounding fellow as he was to take his measure. Keenly of aware of his own fairly callow nature, and always having a difficult time guessing the relative age of other humanoids he found it best to see how they reacted to the sort of humor and trickery which was his usual means of passing time.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-08-27, 06:29 PM
"If we're g-going on foot, I march in armor. Scale, so it'll slow me d-d-down some. If there's nothing else, I'll head out to prepare my gear. I'll meet you on the eastern road out of t-town at first light. If you're buying a horse or mule, consider a guard as well. I'll be hiring one for myself."

Barring further discussion, Kosef leaves to purchase five days' rations, a bedroll, a winter blanket, and a mule. He attempts to find a hireling to guide and guard the mule for three days. Then he returns home to prepare his gear and armor and then turn in for the night.

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-27, 07:06 PM
"I thought you dwarves preferred to keep your feet on the ground?"

"Your priest there won't be having to have words with you every hundred yards about the sanctity of keeping oneself close to the earth as possible will they?"
Watching the stew as it begins to bubble faster, Balthos laughs heartily. "Hah! Aye, these feet stay planted ta' tha earth whenever they can... But a dwarf can ride if tha need strikes 'em." He turns and faces the man, studying him for a split second. "Besides... I wouldn't the lot of ya getting to the ruins before us an' havin' all tha fun now" Taking a few steps back towards the table, and thus towards Allistair, he looks around to find a bowl and a spoon to start dishing up some of the stew.

Fearghus
2013-08-28, 12:04 AM

The new-found company spends the remainder of the day enjoying the small luxuries of the inn and tavern. Food and drink are consumed as provisions are gathered. Kosef is able to secure a teamster to watch over his mule and guide the animal during the journey. "It'll be three silver a day, and I do not secure your front-line or make your watch. That mule is my business. I am called Gisbert.".

Gisbert the Teamster is garbed in a gambeson. At his belt is a dagger and whip, and a spear acts as his walking staff.

12 Mirtul, 1372 Dale Reckoning

Searching for the Ruins

The company meets early in the marshaling yard north of Glister, and begin their eastward journey for the cyclopean tower. Allistair takes the lead, blazing a trail just north of the wagon rutted muddy trade-trail; the thick grass providing more secure footing. He is certain he can have the group in the vicinity of the location Finnean described before nightfall.

The hills are a scrub land with small coniferous trees. Not in large forests, but copses ranging from a few trees to spanning a few hundred of meters.

Allistair, Balthos and Daigotsu all notice the various animal tracks: some herbivore (horse, pony, elk), and some carnivore (wolf, worg, and worse). It is slightly unsettling that some of the tracks are only a few miles from the town.

It is not even mid day when Gisbert says, "Something's amiss. The mule is ill at ease". Balthos, Oridim and Kosef notice something circling the group overhead.

ACTIONS!

Kosef: check the core rulebook and deduct the necessary amount for your supplies if not already done. Gisbert is willing to hold off on pay until completion of the expedition, but in the meantime expects you to provide his provisions and protection.

Daigotsu: No animal renters are available. If you still want the additional supplies you are welcome to purchase and carry them, or work with Kosef to have his mule haul the goods (though I am not forcing him to comply. Just suggesting you can ask).

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/56318/HIPPOgriff.jpg

It is circling above!

shizukanashi
2013-08-28, 12:51 AM

"The ruins in question are 15 to 20 miles outside of town. That's about 8 hours if you hustle a bit. If you can't keep up we won't leave you, it just might take us a little longer. Either way we should have a few hours of daylight to explore. As for pay, you are on your own for equipment, but each party will receive 1/6 of any profits."

With that Finnean purchases another ale and some stew, as well as some extra meat, cheese and bread for the trip.

Ill purchase 3 "common" quality meals, one of which I will consume.

Unaware of the circling predator Finnean tries to maintain the façade that he knows what he is doing. "As I said last night the ruins are 15 to 20 miles from here. They are supposed to be visable from the road, but just to be sure I would like Allister to shadow us a short way into the bush when we get in the vicinity..I trust you are accustomed to such procedure?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-28, 02:17 AM

Balthos dishes up the stew and partakes in another mug of ale. While some of the members of the party leave immediately after singing on to adventure, Balthos stays at the inn for a little while and socializes with whichever members also stay. He enjoys the stew and the ale for a bit, then leaves to make preparations of his own.

I too will purchase three 'common' meals (-9 sp), and if the ale and stew werent spoken for, I'll pay whatever my share was. I'll consume one common meal for dinner this night.

From early morning the party sets out, and Balthos does his best to keep their pace without giving off the appearance of trying too hard. Because of this, though he'd normally be serving to guard either the front or the rear of a group, he finds himself comfortably in the middle and following the ranger's lead. As the morning drones on he causally gnaws on a piece of bread and listens to Finnean's plans for once they near the ruins. As the morning wanes, the mule suddenly becomes uneasy, and Balthos slows, scanning the surrounding area and readying himself.

Consuming one common meal: half before leaving, and the rest on the journey.

Balthos's weapons are not yet drawn. His axe hangs from his belt, and his shield is across his back along with his pack. Should Oridim or Kosef be the first to call out about the griffin I would like to ready my axe.

Character sheet updated to account for happenings of 11 and 12 Mirtul.

Rendel Nep
2013-08-29, 12:57 AM
Oridim makes his preparations first by eating drinking the rest of his breakfast ale, making do with all the social niceties and then go on to buy the various rough weather gear and sleeping ware he might need and for some reason he can't fathom a 10 ft pole.

Oridim has more or less been keeping up since the start of the journey. The 10 ft pole has been help full with the climb even if it is a bit unwieldy. Then he notices a passing shadow, something he was told during his training. He looks up and turns to others. Question. What do you call a flying eagle horse? 'Cause there's one up there circling above us. Oridim asks looking quite concerned.

tice8769
2013-08-29, 03:16 AM
daigotsu spends the rest of the day looking for some supplies as well as looking for any news on the ruins they were going to

he spends most of his time in the middle of the group, keeping an eye out for anything dangerous and is bored due to the fact nothing has happened yet.

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-29, 03:22 AM
12 Mirtul, 1372 Dale Rec - Balthos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=639494)

Scanning the surrounding countryside, Balthos places his hand atop the top of his axe handle the other above his eyes, then furrows his brow and squints. As far as he can see he finds nothing but scrubby little bushes and drab and boring hillsides. Suddenly a fleeting shadow flickers by on the ground directly between him and Oridim and the pair of dwarfs look at each other and then up to the sky in synchroniation.
Question. What do you call a flying eagle horse? 'Cause there's one up there circling above us.Quickly reaching to take his waraxe from his belt, he takes the weapon steadily in both hands and braces himself in a sturdy stance. "Eyes on the sky lads, it looks like we got ourselves some company!" The dwarf did not much fancy the idea of having to fight in such open countryside especially considering the obvious complication that this potential opponent has the massive advantage of flight. This put him at a considerable disadvantage being armed only with his trusty axe and no easy cover to be had. "Elf! Wizard! You two best prepare ye'selves lest this beast decide that we be a walking buffet!" He yells, motioning to Finnean and Daigotsu quickly. Nodding to Oridim he braces himself and continues to watch the circling beast.

shizukanashi
2013-08-29, 04:00 AM
Finnean's eyes follow those of the two Dwarves. "GRIFFON!" He shouts, as he reaches for his bow and notches an arrow. I heard tale of these near the ruins, I'd hoped we might be lucky enough not to encounter one." He trains his aim on the flying beast and tracks it across the sky as it circles overhead. "With luck it will leave us be for easier prey, I'll not die without a fight!"

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-29, 04:12 AM
I heard tale of these near the ruins, I'd hoped we might be lucky enough not to encounter one."Oh? And ye didnt feel the need to mention that back at tha inn didja?" Balthos barks back not taking his eyes off the beast above.

shizukanashi
2013-08-29, 04:39 AM
Finnean give a small grin at the irked Dwarf. "Oh I thought of it but as for feeling the need, No. My need was to motivate you lot to come along! That's a good deal harder to do with tales of flying lio.. Finnean cuts himself short as if something just occurred to him.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-08-29, 09:37 AM
Upon noticing the griffon and hearing the others calling attention to it, Kosef decides to save his words for now. He'll draw his weapon and shield and move near the mule, bracing himself to strike if need be.

Will ready an action to smack the thing if it enters melee range at all

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-29, 05:59 PM
"Oh I thought of it but as for feeling the need, No. My need was to motivate you lot to come along! That's a good deal harder to do with tales of flying lio..Balthos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=639494) doesn't notice that Finnean's words seem to trail off, because he's already started shouting back over the top of the half-elf's snide retort. "Aye, I suppose tha't'll teach me to be signing onto jobs without a specific properly signed contract. Shoulda known better than ta blindly trust anyone with elven blood after all." Hesitatingly taking his eyes off the creature still circling above he begins looking for the nearest bit of make shift cover or at least a position easier to defend. He couldn't recall if griffons or hipporgryphs or whatever, were a territorial creature... but he knew that there was not much to be gained by standing and waiting. "How about we get this walking meal moving again, and maybe your feathered friend will find food that will put up less of a fight" He hollers back over in the general direction of Finnean and Daigotsu.

Balthos still has his axe readied, and his shield is still slung across his back.

He'd like to check the area for some sort of cover or a place easier to defend, preferably one to the east or south as to continue in the direction they need to go.

shizukanashi
2013-08-29, 06:34 PM
"It occurs to me that this thing is not a Griffon, and since the rumors I heard were about Griffon you have nothing to grumble about."

All this conversation and the thing was still circling. Clearly they were being stalked. It would do no good to continue traveling with that thing always threatening, waiting for an opportunity. It had to be dealt with or at least scared off.

"You'll not be feasting on us this day, Beast!" He shouts and loses an arrow.

Hit:[roll0]
Dam: [roll1]

ChaosLord29
2013-08-30, 02:55 PM
"Any particular reason you felt the need to feather the hippogryph?" Allistair remarks callously as he swings his flamberge free of it's sheath and readies the weapon, positioning himself beside Finnean, prepared to strike should the creature descend in an attempt to rake the leader of their little band with talons or beak. No good letting their potential meal ticket get injured on their first run in with such a beast. "There's ways to drive them away without pissing them off."

Actions:
Readied action to attack the hippogryph, should it come in range:
Attack:1d20+5 (Damage:2d6+6)

Fearghus
2013-08-30, 06:34 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 Dale Reckoning - Galena Hills

Finnean's arrow nearly strikes the beast, hastening it into a dive. The hippogriff swoops from South to North, its target the mule. A front talon lashes out and opens the mules back, but Gisbert holds the reigns and prevents it from fleeing.

The party responds to the diving threat as if they were seasoned combatants. Oridim and Kosef bring their weapons to bear, causing the hippogriff to adjust its flight to avoid the worst of their blows. This sets up Allistair for a perfect swing. Using the beast's own momentum against it, the ranger nearly cleaves the creature in two. Feathers explode into the air and an arterial spray of blood splatters against all nearby.

The beast crashes into the ground with a heavy thud. (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1L-BfgUNw4HIspubWJGYjFonD0_t1nNre6juIx8PYlfU/edit?usp=sharing)

The mule is braying and pulling against the rope which Gisbert holds. He is attempting to calm the animal

The group has been travelling for only a short time (2 hours or so) and has at least covered a third of the necessary distance minus any time needed to search for the destination once in its vicinity.

Actions!

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-30, 07:32 PM
Balthos readies his axe as Finnean looses an and spurs the hippogriff above into shifting to the side, rearing up, and then swooping down upon them in an attack run. Talons splayed open wide clutching at the mule the creature grasps at its prospective meal but doesn't find hold. Balthos begins to charge and meet the beast head on, but before he can his companions spring to surprisingly quick, and more surprisingly deadly action. Oridim and Kosef both find purchase with their weapons, but in brutal display Allistair destroys it. Throwing up an arm to shield his face from the splatter of blood and feathers, Balthos squats down as the limp carcass of the animal sails over him and crumples on the ground. He mutters a quick thank you to the gods he was born a dwarf, had he been as tall as the lumbering Kosef he'd have been brought to the ground along with it. He turns to examine the body and says "Well I'll be damned, you fellas are a more effective killin' machine than ya lead one to believe" trying not to let the surprise in his voice show.

shizukanashi
2013-08-30, 10:39 PM
"Any particular reason you felt the need to feather the hippogryph?"

Finnean looked at Allistair as if he was a pickled egg that had just asked him a question. He looked at the nearly cloven hippogriff, then back at Allistair"What and miss That! You sir have the arm of giant! .. Speaking of which," He turned to Kosef. "How is your mule, Giant?" He walked over to assist Gisbert as best he could, hoping that the animosity toward him had subsided with Allistair's incredible swing. I would hate to be on the wrong side of that swing. Best to not anger that one. He thought to himself.

tice8769
2013-08-30, 11:48 PM
"well at least it dead, now we can move on" he had began casting his speel when it had been killed and decided to stop. no need in spending energy when not needed.

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-30, 11:52 PM
Brushing a few random feathers from his hair and armor, Balthos walks over to the carcass of the hippogriff axe still in hand. He nudges the bloody heap with the toe of his right boot slightly and curls his lip a bit. Turning back to the group he addresses Gisbert: "Hows the mule lad? Wounded? Or is it still able to walk...and more importantly able to still be used for packs? Doesnt do us much good otherwise eh?" Then he hooks his axe back to his leather belt via the handle.

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-31, 12:01 AM
""Well at least it dead, now we can move on..."The dwarf nods to the sorcerer in agreeance. "Aye, we still have quite a bit of ground to cover, if the mule is fit to travel we shouldn't delay too long." Balthos points his index finger at Daigotsu, to Finnean, and then motions to himself with his thumb. "Next time we need to show these fella's how its done." He motions to the rest of the group. "Cant be lettin' em have all the fun now can we...?."

Fearghus
2013-08-31, 11:07 AM

Gisbert gets the mule under control and answers Balthos, "If I can keep it clean and free of infection it'll live. Though it is a nasty wound". He inspects the gash again then says, "I'll tend to it this eve".

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-31, 11:12 AM
"Right, then we're off!" Balthos says gruffly and begins to walk off in an easterly direction; his armor clinking and jostling as him marches of in his short dwarven gait.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-08-31, 11:54 AM
The threat over, Kosef shoulders his shield and hangs his morning star back on his belt. Paying no heed to the mule or Gisbert, he waits for the others to continue on and follows without a word.

shizukanashi
2013-08-31, 12:49 PM
"Lets hurry. I don't want to be on this road after dark, keep your head on a swivel though, let's not get ambushed out here either."

ChaosLord29
2013-08-31, 01:04 PM
"We should be making that move double time. The scent of blood will draw other predators here, and this is hardly the spot to try and ambush them."

Allistair quickly makes to move on, sheathing his sword and loading his gear back on.

Bounty Hunter
2013-08-31, 01:31 PM
"Ya dont have to tell me twice lad..." Balthos shouts back over his shoulder without turning around. Continuing to trek across just north of the muddy road, armor chinking and steel boots clomping along on the hard soil; the dwarf keeps uneasily glancing skyward. Luckily before too long the strain of marching has warmed him up again, and its easier to bear the incessant cold.

tice8769
2013-08-31, 02:50 PM
Daigotsu also heads of with the group. He makes sure to keep an extra eye out for danger now.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-01, 04:47 PM
For the next part of the journey Balthos stays near the front, just a few steps behind and to the right of the Ranger as he guides them through the wilderness. He continues to do his best to keep up with the longer stride of his human (and half-elven) counterparts. And hopes, for the sake of his feet, that before to long they will find the ruins before nightfall and be able to set up camp.

Fearghus
2013-09-01, 09:55 PM

The mid of day passes. The call of beasts can be heard at your backs to the west, attracted to the carcass of the hippogriff. Although splattered by the slain creatures blood, at this time nothing appears to follow.

Allistair contines to blaze a trail, setting a fast pace that causes the stout dwarves to hustle for hours on end. Daigotsu and Balthos lend their keen senses to the hunt for the ruins, providing confirmation to the rangers assumptions on distance and direction travelled.

Allistair leads the group up a hill that grants visibility in all directions. The moorland of Thar to the south, the hills before that and as far as the eye can see to the east and west. The north is a wall of snow-capped mountains. Rock outcroppings are everywhere, in such abundance that one wonders how anything grows. Finnean is the first to see it; there, just further north atop the third hill. The stones of the ruins so massive and crude they could almost be natural. The dwarves can tell they are cut, however poorly.

The ruins of the cyclopean tower are atop a massive stone hill. The facings from your current vantage are steep and nearly sheer in many places. The party approaches from the south west after several miles of travel after the mid of day.

Actions!

shizukanashi
2013-09-01, 10:39 PM
The climb up the hill leaves Finnean winded. His gear dragging him down. From atop the hill he could see everything. His elven senses hone in on a target a short hike away. "There! atop that hill. Gentlemen, we have reached our destination." He looks to the sky scanning for any other flying beasts then does another scan from atop the hill. "Be on the look out. Remember there are greenskins about." He draws his bow once again. "Lets take a closer look." He smiles as he starts down the hills other side.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-01, 11:13 PM
Squinting into the distance in the direction that Finnean had been pointing Balthos scoffs under his breath. He turns back to the half-elf. "That.." He pauses for a moment as if searching for the words. "Thats the ruins you're so concerned about?" He points to the same spot Finnean had been. "Lad, ruin implys that there was something worth ruining in the first place. I coulda cut those stones better blindfolded and drunk. Come to think of it, I do better stonework with a bit o' ale in me. I coulda done better than that blindfolded and sober." As Finnean begins to decent the hill, Balthos un-slings his shield from his back and affixes it to his arm. Drawing his axe, he grumbles a bit and rushes to catch back up to Finnean at the front of the group.

shizukanashi
2013-09-03, 02:57 PM
"Never judge a ruin by its architecture!" That sounded like some piece of wisdom he had heard somewhere. "What I see is a tome containing ancient knowledge, that predates the great Dwarven masters." Great Masters Finnean almost laughed out loud, but caught himself. Long ago he had learned that flattery would get you whatever you wanted, and in this case he wanted the boisterous dwarf to stop complaining. "Now please keep quite, we are close enough to encounter patrols. Remember, the greenskins." Now there was something the Elves and the Dwarves stood eye to eye on. Goblins, and their kin were for killing and for the making of heroes. Finnean aimed to be legendary.

Fearghus
2013-09-03, 07:49 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 Dale Reckoning - At the Base of the Tor

Allistair and Balthos lead the group to the massive hill. As you near, it is apparent it is a tor. Large formations of stone jut from the grassy areas, and the sheer parts surrounding the tower are bare granite. A walk around the base of the tor does not reveal an easy means of ascent to the ruins above, but it is not beyond your means to climb. There is a massive boulder set in the center of the north side of the tor at ground level. It seems out of place in that it has been crudely rounded, evidence of which is barely detectable due to the amount of time the boulder has been weathered.

The boulder, nearly twenty feet tall and almost as wide, is unlikely to be moved. After having made a complete circle, the party is back to the south side of the tor. Allistair is certain he can make the ascent and position ropes for others unless another means of entry can be identified.

A fast moving storm approaches from the east. It alerts the group of its presence through the rumble of thunder and flashes of lightning.

Bad pacing on my part. I should have included this in the last post instead of waiting until now to copy over. Live and learn.

Actions!

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-03, 08:33 PM
"Hope you've got a p-p-plan, elfman"

Kosef clumsily wipes some grime from his eye with the back of his hand. He looks upon their destination, squinting in hopes that it will begin to look more appealing.

"Hope this is worth it. Wouldn't w-want to haul myself up this thing only to find nothing but g-g-g-goblins and shiny rocks. Where did you s-say you got this information from again?"

Kosef turns his face to a frown and digs out a bit of ration to gnaw on while waiting for an answer.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-03, 08:49 PM
Having finally reached the site of the ruins Balthos walks the base of the tor looking for an easy way to ascend. They find nothing of merit as they round the hill until they find a strange bolder on the northern side. As the group pauses for a moment the dwarf studies the rock, the ground around it, and then squints up at the hill above. Raking fingers through his beard he ponders the peculiar scene before him. Deciding to continue around the rest of the hill before moving on, the party continues until they find themselves back on the southern side. Having spent a decent amount of circling the hill, the group now finds storms approaching quickly from the east.

OOC: Roughly what time of day is it?

The Rock:
1. Does it look like it fell from above and landed in its current spot?
2. Is it sitting on the ground, or is it partial buried / underground?
3. Is the boulder made out of the same rock as the hill / ruins?
4. How big is it roughly?
5. Is it up against the hill, or is there room to walk completely around?

The Hill:
1. Roughly how long was the walk around the hill?
2. Are there any overhangs or indents in the west side that would protect from the storm?
3. Would the rock protect from the storm in any form?
4. Is there anything of note at the top either at the north near the bolder, or the south where we are?

Rendel Nep
2013-09-04, 04:12 AM
Well, I guess we can search the area for secondary entrances. Escaping if things went south would be on the back of my mind too. Oridim suggests

Would have posted earlier but had a 5 am arrival time on monday and now I have some misery making cold or flu.

tice8769
2013-09-04, 05:07 AM
" well i never been a climber myself, but I guess there is a first time for everything"
He hears the sound of lightning "I love the sound of lightnig, such destructive power it holds

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-04, 10:54 AM
"I think it might be best if we make camp and let the storms past...though I dont much like the thought of having to climb in the mud if we cant find 'nother way up there. Whatcha think lads?" The dwarf stares off to the east watching the approaching storms with a grim look on his face before glancing back up the hill to the north. "Anyone have any ideas on account o' some shelter from the rain? Too long in the rain 'round these parts is sure to mean death...or at the very least have you praying for it." Balthos turns back to the group; slipping his dwarven waraxe back into the loop on his belt, he strokes his right hand along his bear and puts his left on the axe handle.

shizukanashi
2013-09-04, 02:07 PM
"Our best bet for shelter is right here." He jestures to the ruin with the tip of his bow. "Looks like the rumors of Goblinoids was an exaggeration, or maybe they are coming from somewhere nearby." He takes off his backpack and starts fishing around. "I don't want to be out here in the rain. If you think you can make the climb do so. Will this be of any help?" He turns to Allistair with a grappling hook and a length of rope in hand.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-05, 04:56 PM
"Whatever it is, let's g-get on with it. I don't enjoy being r-r-rained on. I wasn't brought on for climbing expertise, so lead the way."

Kosef glares at Allistair and Balthos and gestures toward the ruin with open palm, as if to say "after you."

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-05, 05:42 PM
The dwarf, seeing Kosef's motion, nods slightly but then speaks up. "Ah lad, but what of your mule and its keeper? I imagine they'll be staying put down here, but where shall he make camp while we explore the ruins? And what of his shelter during the storms?" Balthos watches the looming clouds draw nearer as they discuss the situation, his eyes glass over slightly as he stares off into the distance. "And what of the rest of ye? Which among wishes to climb to the ruins now?"

Balthos wasnt looking forward to having to shimmy up the cliff face via a rope climb, and even less so to trying to come down it with any potential artifacts from the ruins.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-05, 06:14 PM
"If we're going to make c-camp first, let's get on with it. Either way I'm paying the man to w-w-w-watch the mule, not to stand around while I make him up a f-f-feather bed. If we make camp here, then here he stays. If not, he can make camp wherever he please"

Wiping sweat from his brow, Kosef looks around the area for a spot to make camp. Realizing he has no idea what to actually look for, he quickly gives up.

"What am I even looking for? I don't c-camp. I don't see another way in this rock, so whatever loot we find is coming back down ropes. Might not be a bad idea to have a p-p-place to stash it if there's more than can be carried in a single t-trip"

Bored and impatient, Kosef paces around while tapping the handle of his morning star. What was he getting himself into? This better be worth it. Diving through dungeons isn't what he signed up for in Glister.

Getting frustrated with the lack of excitement he blurts out "Anyone have a better idea? Are we climbing or camping?"

shizukanashi
2013-09-05, 06:27 PM
Finnean stared at the ranger, still holding his grappling hook for the man. Allistiar only stared back unresponsive. The man scared him, only he and the dwarf had thus far questioned him competency to lead this expedition. The dwarf was loud and boisterous. It was in his nature to complain, but the ranger was cold and aloof since Finnean brought the hippogriff down on them. Granted the cold-blooded ranger dispatched the beast quickly, but Finnean could feel his eyes. His great sword was safely sheathed but the sight of it still chilled Finnean. It worried him to know what the man was thinking. Luckily the loud mouth saved him face. "Ah lad, but what of your mule and its keeper? I imagine they'll be staying put down here, but where shall he make camp while we explore the ruins? And what of his shelter during the storms?" He had not considered the mule and his tender. He turned from the gaze of the ranger to address the Dwarf. "I see no other shelter Balthos, this ruin will be our only respite from that freezing rain. The mule will have to bear it under a tree, his man can rest in the entryway, then check on the mule after the rains." He finished his knot and threw the grappling hook at the most feasible grounding, then tugged on the rope to make sure it was secure. "Once we get inside we can start a fire and have a meal. The walls and the rain will obscure the light and keep the smoke down."

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-05, 06:51 PM
Picking at his teeth with his tongue Balthos motions for the ropes to be thrown up. Hopefully in a spot where the cliff face would afford assistance in the climb and it wouldn't all be freeclimb. As the half elf turns to the ranger Balthos shakes his head slightly and sighs. This man was quickly showing how inexperienced he was with this sort of thing, mostly making things up as he went all while under some delusion of grandeur. With any luck he'd walk off in the first hole they found from having his nose too high in the air. One can only hope that within the runes there's a room big enough and with proper ventilation for a camp, Gods save them should their fearless leader start a fire in a tunnel and choke them all out like rodents or insects.

"Might ye have a plan if we get to the ruins only to find them crawling with golbins? Or some sort of other pest far worse... Balthos glances to Oridim, recalling his mention earlier of the matter of escape should things go south. A suggestion that apparently fell on deaf ears among the party. He shrugs to the other dwarf and looks back as the first hooks are thrown towards the top of the rock face. Tightening his pack, his shield, and the items along his belt, Balthos prepares for the climb.

Fearghus
2013-09-05, 10:19 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 Dale Reckoning - The Tower on the Tor

Allistair says, "We don't want to be caught in that storm. If we can get your rope secured just enough to clear the sheer part, I can secure my other rope to get us the rest of the way up". He accepts the hook and rope from Finnean, and after a few attempts gets the hook secured. He ascends the lower part of the hill and then the sheer face. Once on the higher slope he uses his second rope to ease the last 10 feet of climbing. He then signals down for the next person.

The rains start before the lot of you are at the tower atop the tor. The cyclopean ruins barely have the remnants of a circle structure, and the upper parts have all but disintegrated. There is no ceiling and no real shelter available. The vantage atop the tor grants one the ability to see far in every direction. Strange creatures wander the frontier, oblivious to the eyes spying upon them. Small bits of hail begin to fall as flashes of lightning blast the landscape, followed by deafening claps of thunder.

In the center of the ruined tower is a deep shaft, five feet in diameter.

Actions!

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-05, 11:29 PM
As the large drops of cold rain begin to patter on the ground around the group Balthos un-slings his shield and holds it over his head. The droplets ping off the metal shield with an increasing intensity and eventually the sound grows louder and it becomes apparent that hail has started to fall. The group needs to find shelter, and quickly or this exploration will be over before it even begins.

As they near the top of the hill the group's streak of luck holds its course and they find little more than a pile of what once was a tower of some sort. A better outcome than having found themselves interrupting a band of goblins at dinner time... but not by much. The dwarf considers making a comment, but instead he decides to let the 'leader' suffer this setback in silence. They discover a shaft of some sort at the center of the structure, Balthos approaches it with caution and tries to peer down it.

-Draw shield and hold it over head as shelter from rain.

-Approach the hole carefully and (if uninterpreted) attempt to look down it and see what can be seen. (Darkvision)

-Casually glance around the ruins to see if there is anything of interest besides the hole. Segments of walls, boards or debris, skeletons, etc etc.

Fearghus
2013-09-06, 09:39 AM
12 Mirtul, 1372 Dale Reckoning - The Tower on the Tor

The shaft has a three-foot high stone ring surrounding it, similar to a well.

Balthos holds the shield over his head and it greatly improves his ability to see. Peering down shaft he can just barely make out the bottom as it extends at the far edge of his darkvision. The water from the rain is not pooling at the bottom.

Something of interest on the weather worn stones around the shaft is that Balthos can see plainly where iron has gouged the stones in half a dozen places: likly grappling hooks.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-06, 11:23 AM
Peering down into the darkness affords no great amount of information to Balthos, though he's not quite sure what he hoped to find considering the circumstances. Focusing his attention back to the ground around the top of the shaft he examines the stones closer. "Here..." he calls out gruffly, running the finguer of his gauntlet along several prominent scratches in the stones around the hole. "...grapples? From the looks of it, we may not be the first ones to explore these ruins." He cowers closer under his shield as the rain begins to fall harder made worse by the wind the sweeps across the hilltop. "Considering our lack of choices up here though, it looks like this is our point of entry. Lets lets get out ropes in place and get out of this rain." He points towards Finnean and motions towards the hole. "You're going down first right? We wouldnt want to disturb anything 'afore you had a chance to study it"

shizukanashi
2013-09-06, 01:53 PM
Finnean works to recover his grapple and rope, its the good kind after all. Fine elven silk rather than that brittle and scratchy hemp humans use to make "rope". While doing so he tries to get a look at the creatures moving about in the frontier below, though the rain and hail obscure even his superior elven vision.

"Well, we best get on with it." He states as he sets up the grappling hook against the walls of the well and lowers the other end of the rope. "Thank you Balthos, I appreciate your grasp of the delicate nature of this expedition." He gives a grin, knowing full well that what the dwarf meant to say was "You die first!" In truth Finnean was eager to get out of the rain and hail and happy to oblige, though the evidence of previous visitors worried him...

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-06, 05:18 PM
"Thank you Balthos, I appreciate your grasp of the delicate nature of this expedition." "Right..." Balthos grunts. "Careful on the way down, the stones are slick from the rain" the dwarf eyes the grapple to make sure it holds fast. "Send us some sort of signal when you're ready for the next person to begin to climb down. But dont go yelling too loud, lest you not be the only thing in the darkness below." He takes off his pack and sets it on the ground, then begins to fasten his rope around it in preperation to be lowered into the darkness.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-07, 10:09 AM
"Unless anyone else wants to volunteer I'll go next"

Kosef walks to the edge and peers downward as Finnean begins the descent. He checks to make sure his shield and morning star are securely fastened, then waits.

"On the off chance you f-fall, do let us know if you're d-d-d-dead once you get to the bottom"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-07, 10:10 PM
"You gonna be able to see down there lad? Or will ya need to take a torch?"

tice8769
2013-09-07, 10:56 PM
"Well I would prefer to descend myslef". He looked down the hole and did not see the bottom. "I shall wait for most of you".
He was hoping to use the others to lure whatever may be down there before he would decide it was safe for him to go.

shizukanashi
2013-09-08, 04:52 PM
Clearly there was trepidation from everyone about going down into the darkness. For all his other shortcomings as a "leader" this is the one where he could excel. Finnean was the kind to go head first into the unknown. If he was going to gain any respect from this lot he had to "lead"

"Okay, Giant. You're next. If you are offering, Dwarf, I could use some flint and steel too. You'll get it back, as long as I am not eaten down there, and as for you," He turns again to the Sorcerer. "If you want to show off, by all means, but a little illumination would be a better use of your talents in this scenario."

He straps his bow to his back again and accepts the torch and lighting instruments for Balthos, before descending into the abyss.

In case you need it, it is wet after all.
Climb: [roll0]

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-09, 10:51 AM
Kosef walks over to the edge as Finnean makes his descent. He looks over the edge at Finnean.

"Don't f-fall. Probably a rough landing."

His helpful advice dispensed, Kosef proceeds to pace around the area waiting for Finnean to call him down. Wiping the rain from his eyes he pulls a bit of ration out from his pack, figuring a quick snack before climbing into the abyss wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 11:24 AM
"Dont feel like dying on an emtpy stomach lad?" The dwarf joke from beneath his shield as the large man begins to gnaw at a bit of a trail ration. "A sentiment I can appreciate, but I think I'll worry about food once we're someplace dry." Balthos glances over into the hole again to see how far Finnean had progressed, knowing that he still had to wait for Kosef as well before he could make the climb down and out of this trecherous rain. He stands back upright from learning over the hole and contines to wait, eyes on the horizon looking for the strage beasts they'd see before.

Fearghus
2013-09-09, 08:17 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - Descending into the Tor

Drenched by the heavy rains, the party secures the ropes at the mouth of the shaft and descends to the darkness below. Your gear with you, Finnean holding aloft a torch, you find yourselves in a square room with a passage leading north and south (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1y4FO1rWTcUGFsUoJ2ZW85TX38TCdyI4MWMu1Nkz1ugw/edit?usp=sharing). Balthos and Oridim can see a good distance down each passage.

A drain exists in the south west area of the floor. The rain water from above flows to it and to places deeper under the hills. The stones in this area are stained dark with fluids other than water.

Several wooden tables and chairs furnish the room. Leather straps and iron manacles adorn them, alluding to their cruel intentions. Atop each are the broken forms of captured men in various states of decay; no more than a few ten-day.

The flow of water from the storm maintains a draft of fresh air from above, but the sharp stench of rot and decay still pervades the air of these subterranean chambers.

Actions!

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 09:00 PM
"Well so much for a short rest and and a decent meal..." Balthos gags from behind the crooked elbow of right arm which he has held over his mouth. Looking over his arm he glances at the several rotting corpses in the room and tries to make sense of the scene before him.I think...He starts but gags and coughsI think we should get out of this room and look for somewhere cleaner to set up a base camp. He motions with his shield towards the passage to the north, and starts walking that way at a brisk pace.

Without actually inspecting them closer, can I tell if all the corpses are human? And about how long they've been deceased and rotting?

Consider me at the mouth of the northern passage, let me know if I see anything of interest ... or need to make any rolls.

shizukanashi
2013-09-09, 10:04 PM
Finnean draws his short sword. He preferred his bow and some distance, but down here in the cramped passageways that just was not feasible. His normal playful cheery demeanor was gone now. He was soaked to his bones, tired, freezing and glum. The hot meal and campfire he had been thinking of all day on the long walk from Glister would not be happening. Dining with the dead was a bad omen. He tried to recall the tastes and smells of the stew and ale he had last night back at the inn....the warm cozy inn...

As he came to terms with the fact that his evening meal would consist sneaking a few nibbles of dried berries and a hunk of stinky cheese, all the while keeping his sword in hand just incase something came to string him up on the wall it too, occurred to him.

"We circled this hill. Unless we have uncovered some previously unknown passage into the Underdark, this is the only way in and out." He remembered the scratches Balthos showed him as he looked up at his own grappling hook, thinking how hard it would be to throw vertically up the well and catch the lip. "And since there are no other ropes...chances are we are the only ones in here. Well aside from our dinner guests." He gestured to the bodies chained to the walls. "Who ever invited them is probably out there in the rain, or judging by the smell...a month away in Zentil Keep."

He hoped he was making sense. Being in this place made him anxious, and was interrupting his thoughts. He watched as Balthos went tromping off to the North, and for a second envied the dwarfs easy comfort underground. Another second passed before he realized that the Dwarf was going off alone. "Hey wait up, you rotund gasbag! What happened to not disturbing anything?" Torch lifted above his head and sword at the ready he hustled to catch the Axe-wielding fighter. "Watch your head giant." He called back as he entered the corridor.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 10:25 PM
Entering the passage to the north the dwarf lowers his arm slowly from his mouth and nose to see if the air was any clearer in the hall. Axe and shield at the ready he continues into the dark a few feet before Finnean calls after him. "The plan of not disturbing the ruins was scratched the moment the ruins started disturbing me!" He comments trying not to breath too much. I aint plannin' on touchin' none of your fancy vases, or whatever, I just want clean air and a place to sit down thats not already claimed by some corpse... Trodding off further into the passage, Balthos stays just at the edge of the torchlight, leading the way into the dark beyond.

shizukanashi
2013-09-11, 12:39 AM
Finnean wondered if he had just missed the opportunity to disturb the pockets of his dinner guest. Not much they will need to spend that coin on now. He thought as he struggled to keep up with the advancing dwarf. I would have left them two copper pieces to pay the toll man. Something slippery was on the floor. He told himself it was just water and moldy earth, and not something like the substance that drain was build to carry away.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-11, 10:34 AM
"Looks like we've found p-people having a worse day than us, dead and all"

Now out of the rain, Kosef finds himself fairly unconcerned with archaeology or making camp. Doubting the corpses have anything in their pockets but realizing that anything is possible, Kosef moves to more closely examine them for anything interesting or valuable.

Fearghus
2013-09-11, 08:41 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - Broken Bodies

A flash of lightning illuminates the shaft and a portion of the floor within this torture chamber. The resulting thunder explodes and shakes the entire hill as if a titan struck it with hammer and causing the entire group to stagger. Gisbert, Daigotsu, Allistair, and Oridim look around with eyes wide, then to each other.

Oridim moves to Balthos' flank and follows to the North tunnel. Daigotsu creates a magical light and holds it aloft for Kosef and Allistair as they inspect one of the dead bodies. Gisbert stays in the corner, shaking his head all the while.

Balthos, Finnean and Oridim can see far down the hall. There looks to be another chamber nearly fifty feet away, and a narrow passage heading east just shy of forty feet away (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1lsCb-KCY206PA4VbGHpJ-pZBV6oxMcscbSqbPVnm6FQ/edit?usp=sharing).

Kosef moves to the corpse on the table (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1xlwQwwurPynE-jN5VBBgYfEOdahYLIA6h0koYuv7QqQ/edit?usp=sharing). As he nears, no signs of life are evident. He grabs the corpse by the scruff of the neck to move it onto the table, but the seemingly lifeless body instead lunges at the cleric. With a jerky and shambling motion the victim's fist smashes into Kosef, but is unable to penetrate the metal and padding of his armor.

As if on the queue, the remaining victims begin to stir and rise from tables of torture.

Actions!

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-12, 12:45 AM
"BASTARD!"

Kosef shouts as he shoves the living corpse away. He draws his morning star and brings it to bear to return the favor.

Free action shout
Initiative [roll0]
Move action, draw morning star
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-12, 01:35 AM
"BASTARD!"The words rang out and echoed down the halls ahead of him, disappearing into the darkness ahead of him before finally washing back over him. Though he'd rather not admit it, the dwarf jumped ever so slightly in surprise...here he was leading the way into the dark unknown when suddenly screams come from behind. Balthos spun quickly on this heels to see what was so important that it deemed letting the whole of the ruins know they were here. Pushing past Finnean to get back into the main room, the dwarf is none to pleased about this group's apparent way of handling the unknown. At what point, he wonders, did it become wise to spur on predators by shooting at them, or to make such a racket when the area is known to be dangerous. He steps back into the room...

Initiative : [roll0]
Move : Move back into first room, end of the tunnel. 6th square top row.
Action : Ready an attack - melee attack an hostiles that enter adjacent squares.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Please verify I rolled correctly, I'm a bit rusty. Thanks.
EDIT : I in fact only have a +3 Init ...oops.

Intent :Once I notice the events in the room, and thus the corpse on the North East table coming to life, I will move adjacent to them and attack whichever is closet to me with my axe.

I should be around enough that once a few others post I can actually RP out my attack actions

shizukanashi
2013-09-12, 02:34 AM
Kosef's words get a less attentive response from Finn. He turns to return to the well room but slower than expected and is bowled over by the dwarf, barely keeping his footing and thus the torch aloft. He quickly follows behind the dwarf however and takes a defensive position while he surveys the room.

Initiative:[roll0]
Move:Return to the room. I will take the 5th spot right next to Balthos so we block the corridor.
Action:Like Balthos, Finn will ready an attack at enemies that move into a threatened square.
Att:[roll1]
Dam: [roll2]

Fearghus
2013-09-13, 08:32 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - The Dead Rise

A zombie reaches out and grabs Kosef's belt. The cleric brings his morning star on the back of the undead's head and nearly separates head from spine. The undead horror continues its assault on Kosef.

Allistair advances to Kosef's aid. His great sword finishes what the cleric's morning star began.

Balthos swings his axe at the zombie that crawls within his reach. The axe bites deep into the undead, but the animated corpse does not show signs of relenting. Oridim calls out, "I got your back!"

Daigotsu advances and casts Jolt on the zombie which Balthos struck. The electrical discharge proves to weak to cover the entire distance to the shambling dead.

Aside from the zombie reaching for Balthos, the others have stood and will rush into melee.

Current situation. (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1svMo0dJhY99wSRTy6PsWUh9uKW8fY1R10PawQoBFQiQ/edit?usp=sharing)

Actions!

Enemy initiative: [roll0]. They suffer from the staggered condition, but can charge their movement rate and attack.

tice8769
2013-09-13, 08:35 PM
"Damn dead, they should stay dead" he tries hgis best to stay away from the dead as he begins to casts spells at the creatures
initiative[roll0]
move: behind fighters
attack(jolt): ranged touch attack [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-14, 12:40 AM
"Keep ye rotting hands off me ya filthy rotting meatbag!!" Balthos's voice echoes through the room as he works to free his axe from the rotting corpse clawing at him. Once he frees it, he draws back for another swing; his knuckles white as he holds tight the handle of the waraxe driving it downward. "Back to tha nine hells with ya! An' stay dead this time!" At the end of his swing he notices the other bodies had managed to shamble to their feet he calls out over his shoulder to the others. "Watch yerselves, the whole lot of em be awake now. Stay close ta each other and focus yer strikes."

Initiative : 23
Move Action : None
Standard Action :
-Attack : [roll0]
-Damage : [roll1]

Intent : Balthos will continue to focus on the zombie currently reaching for him until its no longer aggressively attacking him. At which point he will by default worry about the next closest threat.

shizukanashi
2013-09-14, 02:16 AM
Finnean now aware of the situation in the room moves to attack, taking the advice of Balthos not to get separated and overwhelmed.
Init: [roll0]
Move: I will step diagonally so that I am in front of Balthos
Standard: attack the zombie
Att: [roll1]
Dam: [roll2]
Intent: If the zombie dies before I get my turn I will just ready hoping the other one approaches.

Can I get a description of this table? Is it intact and standing or are the legs broken?

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-14, 08:52 PM
The first foe down, Kosef turns his attention to the table in the southeast corner of the room. Unshouldering his shield, he moves toward the table to engage the nearest zombie. "Die!"

Move action 30' toward north most zombie on southern table
Standard attack
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Fearghus
2013-09-15, 01:50 AM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - The Zombie's Assault (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1svMo0dJhY99wSRTy6PsWUh9uKW8fY1R10PawQoBFQiQ/edit?usp=sharing)

Balthos continues his attack on the zombie at the edge of the northern table. The dwarven axe hews into the foe and fells it.

Daigotsu moves to the passage and is positioned behind Oridim and Balthos. The sorcerer lets loose a bolt of electricity at the second zombie on the north table. The creature convulses from the spell but does not stop its advance.

Kosef rushes to the southeast table with Allistair on his heels. The cleric's morningstar smashes into the northern most of the two zombies while Allistair focuses his assault on the southern one. Both strike devastatingly, but their foes continue to attack.

Finnean steps forward to be able to fight near Balthos, and Oridim moves in behind him. The rogue waits for the zombie to close the distance and thrusts his blade into its chest when the distance allows. The zombie stumbles off of the table and reaches for the half-elf.

The zombies at the southern end of the room each reach out to pummel Kosef and Allistair. The cleric is struck with such sudden and violent force that he falls to the floor with severe internal wounds. The ranger evades injury.

Actions!

Kosef now has the dying condition (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html#_injury-and-death). He will continue to lose 1 HP per round until he stabilizes. He will be able to make a save next round at DC 10 Con check to auto stabilize. Penalty to die-roll equal to current negative HP, so -1 on round 2.

shizukanashi
2013-09-15, 03:18 AM
"GIANT!" He meant to call Kosef by his given name but Finn had grown so fond of calling the man giant that even in the dire circumstances it was what came out when he shouted. As fearsome as Allistair was, defending Kosef while double team could end badly for both men. Finnean slashed at the dead body reaching for him if only to get it away then he runs across the room to aide the ranger and the battle cleric.

Standard: Attack the Zombie right in front of me.
Free: Hope he goes down so I don't incur an attack of opportunity when I...
Move: 30 feet to Row 7, Column 9 so I am at the short end of the table there opposite Kosef...
Att: [roll1] Dam: [roll2]
Crit confirm: [roll3],[roll4]

Intent: Hopefully I can maneuver to get a backstab next turn, flanking with Allistair.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-15, 06:44 PM
Victim to an unexpected lucky strike, Kosef lacks even the time to cry out as he falls to the ground and loses consciousness, clattering into a heap on the floor.

Stabilize [roll0]

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-16, 12:58 AM
From the corner of his eye the dwarf catches a glimpse of Kosef as he's pummeled by the two shambling corpses as they rise from the table. The creature in front of him moans in agony and finally trails off as his waraxe sinks into it. Putting his boot on the things head he pries his axe out of the mound of rotting flesh now on the floor at the base of the table. Hazarding a quick glance away from his next oncoming foe he looks to asses the clerics condition, before turning to the still-living zombie a few feet away. As Finnean rushes to the other side of the room to provide assistance, Balthos determines that the way he can help the most right now is to finish off the imposing threat, so that they may quickly tend to the downed ally. Steeling his nerves, he assaults the next animated corpse with ferocity.

Assuming the Zombie near me is still alive:
Move : Melee range to the second zombie.
Attack
-To Hit : [roll0]
-Damage : [roll1]

If it is killed before my actions:
Move : Alongside Allistair to help with the zombie he's fighting further shielding Kosef from harm.

tice8769
2013-09-16, 01:31 AM
" Damn evil things" he heads up closer to the last zombies and sends a hocking bolt to the nearest alive one.
attack:[roll0]
damage [roll1]

Fearghus
2013-09-16, 07:11 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - The Zombie's Assault (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1svMo0dJhY99wSRTy6PsWUh9uKW8fY1R10PawQoBFQiQ/edit?usp=sharing)

Finnean successfully stabs the zombie before him. The rogue then ducks away before the still moving undead can react. He finds himself standing at the northern, short face of the southernmost table.

Daigotsu unleashes another jolt. It flies over Balthos' head and to the right of the zombie; blasting the table.

Balthos advances five feet and swings his axe. The flat of the axe-head batters the creatures arms with no visible effect.

The zombies attack, but with no visible combative gain against the party.

Oridim advances next to Balthos. "I am with you!", he calls to his dwarven companion. His maul smashes into the zombie and finishes what Finnean began.

Allistair brings his greatsword in a wide arc and severs in two the southernmost zombie. He then turns his attention to the remaining animated horror.

Kosef, a hardy warrior-priest, stabilizes.

Actions!

Don't forget your init rolls and general intent in case other players accomplish your goal.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-16, 10:29 PM
Now that the foes from two of the tables had been slain the focus was on the third and final table in the room where only one of the creatures still stood. Nodding to Oridim in a silent thanks, Balthos rushes to the other side of the room, his armor clinking and echoing in the small room, even with the sounds of the on going combat. Taking up a position at the corner of the table he attempts to use himself as a furthered defense of his fallen ally keeping his shield high and held fast only wavering to get in attack when he can in coordination with the other two. "Hang in there! We'll have this cretin felled in no time lad. Don't go bleeding out 'afore we even leave the first room of the ruins!"

If final zombie is still standing on my turn.
Move : Melee range to the final zombie.
Attack
-To Hit : [roll1]
-Damage : [roll2]

If zombie is slain before my turn.
Move : Move to the square north of Kosef.
Action : Drop weapon and shield and look for some way to help him with his wounds.
Heal Check : [roll3]

Intent : If the final zombie is still standing Balthos rushes to help finish it off, trying to help by providing a more armor between it and Kosef if possible. When he's able he swings at it with his axe.

If the final zombie is not alive, he rushes to help the downed cleric and aid in any way he can. Unless of course Oridim gets there first. If Balthos is tending to Kosef and Oridim arrives balthos will step back and mutter a prayer to the Gods, then pick up his weapon and shield.

shizukanashi
2013-09-16, 10:39 PM
Finnean jumps up on the table in front of him and declaring victory attempts to finish off the remaining zombie.

Just like I said attempt to flank so I can backstab.
Move:Jump up on the table
Standard: Attack.

Att: [roll1]
Dam: [roll2] + [roll3]
Crit confirm: [roll4] Dam: [roll5]

Fearghus
2013-09-18, 08:22 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - The Zombie's Defeated (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1svMo0dJhY99wSRTy6PsWUh9uKW8fY1R10PawQoBFQiQ/edit?usp=sharing)

Balthos advances to Kosef, standing over the fallen templar's body while launching his assault on the zombie. His axe hews the creature's hip and shatters the pelvis, causing it lurch to the side in grotesque fashion.

Finnean nimbly maneuvers onto the table. With his new vantage he delivers the death stroke, thrusting his short bladed sword through the back of the zombie's head.

Oridim moves to aid Kosef. He prays to Dumathoin that this man was felled in a deep place be spared. Divine power surges through the dwarf. Color returns to Kosef and he awakens.

Actions!

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-18, 08:55 PM
Suddenly snapping awake Kosef bolts up - morning star still in hand - in preparation for another strike. Seeing only his traveling companions, a brief look of confusion drifts across his face. After looking around the room for a moment to make sure everything is as it appears, he drags himself back to his feet. Giving the zombie that downed him a solid kick for good measure, Kosef rubs the spot where he was struck before looking at everyone staring at him.

"Let's get on with it"

shizukanashi
2013-09-18, 10:34 PM
Finnean jumps down from the table and wipes his blade on the zombies tattered clothing before returning it to his sheath. From now on we stick together." He says not as an admonishment but as a statement of relief that all was well.

tice8769
2013-09-19, 10:02 PM
" Yes, I agree, numbers will matter if anything else happens down here, I do want to become a vile undead searching for prey" he holds his staff wit the light on it. " any suggestions where to go next?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-19, 10:09 PM
As the heat of the moment begins to wane and the excitement of combat fades, the dwarven fighter suddenly fights himself overwhelmed as he begins to notice the retched odor again. Axe and shield still at the ready, he buries his nose into his elbow again and manages to get a few words out without gagging. Though muffled, he bluntly states: "I don't care lad, as long as it ain't in 'ere with these... these... things." He fights back the temptation for his eyes to start watering, and he clomps off towards the northern passage; his footfalls ringing out into the darkness ahead of him. Once at the threshold he stops. This time he waits to be sure the entire company is in tow, before continuing on, lest there be more surprises.

shizukanashi
2013-09-20, 02:35 AM
"Lets get on with it then." He makes his way to the north corridor, stepping past Balthos, he draws his sword again and leads with the torch. "Balthos and I saw another room up here, and another corridor to the right. Stay close."

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-20, 05:39 PM
Giving his morning star a test swing, Kosef keeps a firm hand on it and falls in line with the others. Not understanding the others objection to the smell of corpse, Kosef ignores their complaints.

"Shall I b-bring up the rear?"

shizukanashi
2013-09-20, 07:13 PM
When Finnean reaches the corridor to the left he pauses for a second. Which way to go? He looked down both ways as far as his sight could carry. Rather than ask for opinions, and show his indecision and weakness to a frightened band closer than he liked to mutiny, he continued on.

Intent: I am holding a torch and have low-light vision. If I can see anything interesting down either path I will announce it to the group and go toward it. If not I will continue straight ahead.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-21, 09:18 AM
As they pass the corridor on the right the dwarf hesitates for a moment and stares off into the darkness. While truly at home here in the narrow underground tunnels he certainly didn't wish to get lost in a zombie infested ruin that from the look of it had only one or two ways out. When the next person behind him draws near he turns back to the may tunnel and makes a few quick steps to catch up to Finnean and follows him towards the next chamber.

Fearghus
2013-09-21, 10:54 AM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - The North Corridor (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1svMo0dJhY99wSRTy6PsWUh9uKW8fY1R10PawQoBFQiQ/edit?usp=sharing)

The eastern corridor is long and narrow. It extends past the half-elf's keen vision. The dust along the floor has been disturbed, so the group is certain others have been here.

The chamber to the north is dominated by a massive stone table on which a figure can be seen laying.

Actions!

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-22, 08:14 PM
As the group comes to the threshold of the next chamber, Balthos looks both directions from the door before stepping forward and left, to stand along side Finnean. Axe and shield both raised he takes a few short, careful steps into the room and continues to scan the area.

Actions:

Move: Step into the room one square, from the left side of the hallway.
Perception: [roll0]

Intent: Step into the room and look for any obvious signs of threat or points of interest. Should danger present itself, step backwards, warn the group, and use the mouth of the hall as a superior fighting position.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-24, 01:00 PM
"What d-d-do you see? What's in there?"

His eyes straining to see into the dark ahead, Kosef turns his eyes back the way they came just to make sure the corpses had no plans to start moving again. Tightening the grip on his morning star just in case, he waits for Balthos' reply.

shizukanashi
2013-09-24, 10:31 PM
Finnean approaches the table to get a closer look at the figure. Recalling the last encounter he readies his blade.

Fearghus
2013-09-25, 08:33 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - The North Chamber

The chamber is covered in dust and cobwebs. Nothing has disturbed it for a significantly long time. Crumbling murals decorate the walls, though the details are hidden under the layers of dust. The torch-light reveals a sporadic metallic glimmer on the floor. It looks like several individual coins have been placed throughout the room.

As Finnean approaches the table, the body atop it sits erect. It turns its head to face the half-elf. Past the closed-face helm stare eyes that glow with a hateful, pale green light.

Actions!

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-25, 09:40 PM
"Back...get back fool! Its another blasted zombie!!"

Balthos takes a few steps backwards and into the mouth of the hall, scanning the room for any other possible foes and keeping his shield high.

tice8769
2013-09-26, 08:56 PM
" Lets get rid of this vile thing". He prepares his spell as he maintained being in the middle of the group for protection
initiative [roll0]
shock [roll1]
damage [roll2] [

shizukanashi
2013-09-27, 02:42 PM
Finn had suspected as much, and was prepared. Ignoring the dwarf he lunged at the creature and brought his sword down with all his force.

Move: Right up next to the zombie
Standard: Att: [roll1] Dam: [roll2]
crit confirm: [roll3] Dam: [roll4]

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-27, 08:50 PM
Seeing that the fight is on, Kosef will close in to engage the enemy.

If possible, move into melee range without provoking AOO and attack, otherwise move as far as possible towards the other side of the table to flank

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Fearghus
2013-09-27, 09:47 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - The Skeletal Champion (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1svMo0dJhY99wSRTy6PsWUh9uKW8fY1R10PawQoBFQiQ/edit?usp=sharing)

Finnean acts before all and is able to initiate hostilities. The figure before him is much like the shambling dead from the other chamber, but this one's movements are deliberate and with a preternatural swiftness. Garbed in a hauberk of mail over which is plate armor consisting of a barbute, cuirass, gauntlets, and greaves. A ragged tabard depicting an extended hand, black as pitch, hangs over the torso (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1hcombROyXmk_DYVBPF5fAjPhjOD56jWuYU8DJxsEd2k/edit?usp=sharing).

The sitting undead raises a skeletal arm in order parry Finnean's attack with a morning star, but the rogue slides his blade past and pierces through the protecting mail armor.

Daigotsu advances and unleashes an electrical discharge at the metal armored foe, but the bolt dissipates before reaching its target.

The undead stands, allowing Finnean to press the offensive. The rogues attack yields little results. The undead waits, surveying those that still hurls themselves into the melee.

Allistair charges and deals a blow so severe it would have felled an ogre, but the undead combatant still stands. It returns the strike and drops the ranger with a single blow.

Oridim enters the room as does Kosef. The human cleric seems surprised when he closes upon the undead, taking no further action. Oridim pulls Allistair from the melee.

Balthos is certain that no other entities threaten this chamber.

Actions!

Bounty Hunter
2013-10-01, 08:45 PM
The dwarven fighter sighs, the incompetence of this fool was contentiously grating his nerves, and this job was continuously getting way above the meager pay that was being offered for 'fending off some goblins' for a bit. The party had been marching all day, already been attacked twice, had a member on the edge of death, and spent a solid half hour in freezing rain... yet the thick-skulled half-elf pressed on to stir up even more trouble, rather than finding safe haven for a small rest, let alone a much needed longer one. Tightening his grip on both axe and shield, he move into the room once more.

He charges past the laid out ranger on the floor, and sidesteps to put himself between the monstrosity and the fallen ally. Drawing his axe back he attempts to hack at it, then ducks behind the cover of his shield.

If final skeleton is still standing on my turn.
Move : Melee range to the final zombie.
Attack
-To Hit : [roll1]
-Damage : [roll2]

Intent : Move into position directly in front of the champion, and strike at it. Hoping to draw as much of its attention as possible.

shizukanashi
2013-10-02, 01:02 AM
Finnean was tired and in a dark mood, but the prospect of riches and artifacts drove him forward. This room would make an ideal place to rest if not for the zombie. It was also clear that this one was something more than the previous ones. Allistair had proven to be a ruthless warrior capable of tremendous feats in battle, and yet he had fallen in a single blow. He thought of fleeing, but if he was ever to prove himself to the band of mercenaries from the bar the time was now. He pushed back his fear and swung again on the undead abomination searching for weakness.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Intent: I will five foot step around him until I can get a backstab.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-10-03, 12:02 AM
The situation taking a sudden, dire turn, Kosef is forced to take action. Moving into range, he makes a fierce swing toward the armored corpse.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Fearghus
2013-10-04, 08:17 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - The Skeletal Champion (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1svMo0dJhY99wSRTy6PsWUh9uKW8fY1R10PawQoBFQiQ/edit?usp=sharing)

The champion of evil directs his attention to Finnean, the closest combatant at this time. He says to half-elf in an unknown tongue, "Uluk kex jurg!" He then presses his attack against the stalwart party leader. The speed of the undead allows it bring its massive morningstar to bear, felling the half-elven rogue

Balthos advances to the front and cleaves into the undead, slicing through tabard and armor. The champion of evil turns to face the dwarf with the cold eyes.

Kosef moves to Balthos' left and smashes his own morningstar into the undead, but the creature continues its assault.

Daigotsu moves to gain better vantage and unleashes another bolt of electricity. Amplified by the metal armor, the surge of energy is more than the undead can withstand. Bone and metal armor burst in all directions and the corpse falls broken to the floor.

Oridim pulls Finnean from the altar and stabilizes both the ranger and the rogue.

Actions!

JustPlayItLoud
2013-10-06, 12:10 PM
The threat out of the way, Kosef searches the corpse.

Bounty Hunter
2013-10-06, 12:10 PM
Balthos breathes a sigh of relief and prods the skeleton with his axe to be sure of its demise.

Hows the air in here? Still putrid?

Fearghus
2013-10-07, 09:18 PM
12 Mirtul, 1372 DR - The North Chamber

Oridim chants to the dwarven god of mines and minerals and channels positive energy into all within the room. The feeling of foreboding momentarily lapses, but then again continues, revealing the evil power at work in this place.

Allistair and Finnean regain consciousness, and although in some discomfort, are able to stand on their own effort.

The room is constructed of the same cyclopean stonework as the rest of the tunnels and chambers. Dust and cobwebs cover everything. Intricate scroll work enhancing picture scenes adorns the top third of the walls, though it is crumbling and cracking from age. The pictures depict a hilly region topped by nine towers. Goblinoids flow from the towers and do battle with man, dwarf and elf; dominating each in cruel depictions of combat and torture. Later in the picture a contingent of goblinoids, in heavy armor and with fine weapons, follow a strange giant into Thar.

The floor is covered with gold coins that on side is a screaming fiendish face, and on the reverse crossed spiked clubs. They are not of a mint to any city known to the group. A total of three hundred of the coins litter the ground.

Kosef kneels over the corpse and finds that it is in rusting mail armor, though its morningstar is of superb craftsmanship. Bracers and greaves of steel are on the body, both sets are adorned with the same extended hand as on the tabard.

Actions!

JustPlayItLoud
2013-10-12, 08:31 PM
"Taking these" Kosef grumbles as he removes the emblazoned greaves and bracers from the corpse and ties them into the pack. He picks up the morning star and gives it a few swings. Judging it to be of superior quality to his own he holds it up as if to offer it up to the party, then switches it out with his old one before anyone has time to respond. He throws the old one loudly to the floor before turning back toward the group. "Rest?"

shizukanashi
2013-10-13, 02:37 AM
I see no other options. Either we rest here with only the one exit to watch, or we move back to the torture room where we can have a fire. Finnean begins to load his backpack with the coins scattered around the room, seemingly oblivious to any ill fate such an act may invoke. "At least we got a pay day! Look at all this loot!"

Bounty Hunter
2013-10-14, 01:00 PM
The dwarven militia-man shakes his head at Finnean the scales of his armor clinking together lightly as he does so. At this point its not even worth a comment he thinks to himself and focuses instead on the murals on the wall trying to piece together the story they tell. After a few moments he snaps back into the real world and gets decides to see what can be done about setting up a place for rest.