PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 (Joke) PrC)] Poultrimancer [PEACH]

Xuldarinar
2013-08-26, 03:50 AM
POULTRIMANCER

Hit Die: d6

Requirements
To qualify to become a poultrimancer, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Skills: Spellcraft 4
Feats: Throw Anything
Spells: Ability to cast 1st-level spells.
Flaws: Chicken Infested (When you attempt to draw an item or weapon, there is a 50% chance of drawing a live chicken instead. Commoners only)

Class Skills
The poultrimancer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Use Rope (Dex).
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

The Poultrimancer
Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting
1st|+1|+0|+2|+2|Lethal chicken throw, Enhance chicken +1|-
2nd|+2|+0|+3|+3|Imbue chicken|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
3rd|+3|+1|+3|+3|Enhance chicken +2|-
4th|+4|+1|+4|+4|Seeker chicken|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
5th|+5|+1|+4|+4|Enhance chicken +3|-
6th|+6|+2|+5|+5|Phase chicken|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
7th|+7|+2|+5|+5|Enhance chicken +4|-
8th|+8|+2|+6|+6|Hail of chickens|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
9th|+9|+3|+6|+6|Enhance chicken +5|-
10th|+10|+3|+7|+7|Chicken of death|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

Class Features

Weapon and armor proficiency: A poultrimancer gains no new proficiencies in weapons or armor.

Spellcasting: When a new, even numbered, level in poultrimancer is attained, the character gains new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in whatever spellcasting class in which he could cast spells in before he added the prestige class level. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If a charac ter had more than one spellcasting class before he became a poultrimancer, he must decide to which class he adds each even numbered level in poultrimancer for the purpose of determining spells per day and caster level.

Lethal Chicken Throwing: Upon becoming a poultrimancer, chickens become a deadly weapon, with which they are proficient. A chicken thrown by a poultrimancer has the following statistics

{table=head]Weapon|Damage|Critical|Range Increment|Type
Chicken|1d6|x2|30 ft.|Bludgeoning [/table]

Enhance Chicken (Su): At 1st level, every chicken a poultrimancer throws becomes magical, gaining a +1 enhancement bonus. Unlike magic weapons created by normal means, the poultrimancer need not spend experience points or gold pieces to accomplish this task. However, a poultrimancer's chickens only function for her. For every two levels the character advances past 1st level in this prestige class, the magic chickens she creates gain +1 greater potency (+1 at 1st level, +2 at 3rd level, +3 at 5th level, +4 at 7th level, and +5 at 9th level).

Imbue Chicken (Sp): At 2nd level, a pountrimancer gains the ability to place an area spell or touch spell upon a live chicken. When the chicken is thrown, the spell’s area is centered on where the chicken lands, even if the spell could normally be centered only on the caster. If the spell is a touch spell, it's target is where ever the chicken lands This ability allows the pountrimancer to use the range of the chicken rather than the spell’s range. It takes a standard action to cast the spell and throw the chicken. The chicken must be thrown within two rounds of the spell being cast, or the spell is wasted.

Seeker Chicken (Sp): At 4th level, a poultrimancer can throw a chicken once per day at a target known to her within range, and the chicken travels to the target, even around corners. Only an unavoidable obstacle or the limit of the chicken's range prevents the chicken's flight. For example, if the target is within a windowless chamber with the door closed, the chicken cannot enter. This ability negates cover and concealment modifiers, but otherwise the attack is rolled normally. Using this ability is a standard action (and throwing the chicken is part of the action).

Phase Chicken (Sp): At 6th level, a poultrimancer can throw a chicken once per day at a target known to her within range, and the chicken travels to the target in a straight path, passing through any nonmagical barrier or wall in its way. (A wall of force, a wall of fire, or the like stops the chicken.) This ability negates cover, concealment, and even armor modifiers, but otherwise the attack is rolled normally. Using this ability is a standard action (and throwing the chicken is part of the action).

Hail of Chicken (Sp): In lieu of their regular attacks, once per day a poultrimancer of 8th level or higher can throw a chicken at each and every target within range, to a maximum of one target for every poultrimancer level she has earned. Each attack uses the poultrimancer’s primary attack bonus, and each enemy may only be targeted by a single chicken.

Chicken of Death (Sp): At 10th level, a poultrimancer can create a chicken of death that forces the target, if damaged by the chicken’s attack, to make a DC 20 Fortitude save or be slain immediately. It takes one day to make a chicken of death, and the chicken only functions for the poultrimancer who created it. The chicken of death lasts no longer than one year, and the poultrimancer can only have one such chicken in existence at a time.

Epic Poltrimancer
The epic poltrimancer is a living extension of chicken, capable of achieving wonders with chicken that cause lessening beings to gape with awe.
Hit Die: d6
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.
Spells: The epic poltrimancer's caster level increases for each new poltrimancer level she attains. If she has more than one spellcasting class, she must decide which class receives the increase in caster level. The epic poltrimancer's spells per day (and number of spells known, if applicable) does not automatically increase after 10th.
Enhance Chicken: For every two levels beyond 9th, the potency of the chickens thrown by the poltrimancer increases by +1.
Bonus Feats: The poltrimancer gains a bonus feat every four levels after 10th.
Epic Poltrimancer Bonus Feat List: [Yet to be Determined]

The Epic Poltrimancer
Poltrimancer Level|Special
11th|Enhance chicken +6
12th|-
13th|Enhance chicken +7
14th|Bonus feat
15th|Enhance chicken +8
16th|-
17th|Enhance chicken +9
18th|Bonus feat
19th|Enhance chicken +10
20th|-

Debihuman
2013-08-26, 05:42 AM
I see one poultrimancer vs. a mob of hungry commoners all carrying soup pots...

Debby

Arcanist
2013-08-26, 12:20 PM
Is it sad or just epic that I can actually imagine someone playing this class at a table...? :smallconfused:

... I need to stop drinking stake sauce... :smallannoyed:

Gadzooks27
2013-08-26, 02:06 PM
Hilarious! Omg.

Amridell
2013-08-26, 02:21 PM
10/10 would play. That's hilarious, though. Maybe add some way to get more damage on the chicken, though?

I am PEACHing a class who's main weapon is a chicken. I'll be rethinking my life now.

Xuldarinar
2013-08-26, 02:38 PM
10/10 would play. That's hilarious, though. Maybe add some way to get more damage on the chicken, though?

I am PEACHing a class who's main weapon is a chicken. I'll be rethinking my life now.

Well, now i've marked it as PEACH.

The chicken does do more damage as it progresses, as enhancement bonuses are granted to both damage and attack rolls. If you mean more of an increase of die, maybe. I'll have to think that one over, come up with a fair progression.

And you may be PEACHing a class who's main weapon is chicken, but I'm the one who made a class who's main weapon is chicken.

Edit: Its amazing what you can do when you mix arcane archer with chicken and throw in a caster progression to boot. Should I present this as an Arcane Archer fix? :smallamused:

Amridell
2013-08-26, 02:47 PM
Well, now i've marked it as PEACH.

The chicken does do more damage as it progresses, as enhancement bonuses are granted to both damage and attack rolls. If you mean more of an increase of die, maybe. I'll have to think that one over, come up with a fair progression.

And you may be PEACHing a class who's main weapon is chicken, but I'm the one who made a class who's main weapon is chicken.

Edit: Its amazing what you can do when you mix arcane archer with chicken and throw in a caster progression to boot. Should I present this as an Arcane Archer fix? :smallamused:

No no no, you MULTICLASS to arcane archer. Then the double magic chickens will fly.

AuraTwilight
2013-08-26, 05:17 PM
Welp, I know what my next character is.

bekeleven
2013-08-27, 12:15 AM
The main problem here is that it its abilities don't appear to synergize. If someone is behind cover, I can't hit them with an imbued spell. Potential fixes: Allow Imbue as part of the action when performing other throws, or allow imbue to keep the chicken in your hand to throw next round with another ability.

Also as a note: It's a shame I can't put a touch spell onto a chicken and hit the enemy with it. Because a Slay Living Chicken would make everything groovy.

Xuldarinar
2013-08-27, 02:26 AM
The main problem here is that it its abilities don't appear to synergize. If someone is behind cover, I can't hit them with an imbued spell. Potential fixes: Allow Imbue as part of the action when performing other throws, or allow imbue to keep the chicken in your hand to throw next round with another ability.

Also as a note: It's a shame I can't put a touch spell onto a chicken and hit the enemy with it. Because a Slay Living Chicken would make everything groovy.

I've made the changes.

DracoDei
2013-08-27, 11:14 AM
Wikipedia-like cross-indexing:
Deities:
Bock-Booock!!! (Also known as She-Who-Clucks) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91892) see also HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92025) for SWC's minions.

Cluckzor (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145296)- Tragically Brain-Damaged

Other:
Chicken Golem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228448)
(I think that Bhu has several chicken monsters)
Chicken Master (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9327762)
Barngod (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170098)
Statting out chickens thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167722), including links to various sets of stats and... whatever.

Xuldarinar
2014-01-08, 07:02 AM
I cannot believe I'm doing this, but… arise chicken.

Reflecting back on an older PrC of mine, I am curious to see if anyone can think of any improvements or interesting applications for this strange PrC.

Veklim
2014-01-08, 07:35 AM
Maybe penetrating chicken...? I can see a beak-first impact having a good chance of impalation, hehehe. Don't remember exactly how Throw Anything works, but maybe add damage types to chickens. Now all I need is to add Chicken to the monk weapons list...

inuyasha
2014-01-08, 09:42 AM
give us Epic PrC Levels! Take the chicken throwing to new extremes from level 11-40 (doesn't have to be level 11-40 but you get the idea)

Xuldarinar
2014-01-08, 05:07 PM
An ancient art of war, the tool of gods and epic beings alike. I give to you, epic throwing chickens at people.

AuraTwilight
2015-03-05, 03:34 AM
Sorry for necroing, but the tables are broken and invisible, so I'm posting the raws for visibility.

{Table=head] Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting
10th|+10|+3|+7|+7|Chicken of death|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

{Table=head]Poltrimancer Level|Special
11th|Enhance chicken +6
12th|-
13th|Enhance chicken +7
14th|Bonus feat
15th|Enhance chicken +8
16th|-
17th|Enhance chicken +9
18th|Bonus feat
19th|Enhance chicken +10
20th|- [/table]

Xuldarinar
2015-03-05, 11:05 AM
Sorry for necroing, but the tables are broken and invisible, so I'm posting the raws for visibility.

{Table=head] Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting
10th|+10|+3|+7|+7|Chicken of death|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

{Table=head]Poltrimancer Level|Special
11th|Enhance chicken +6
12th|-
13th|Enhance chicken +7
14th|Bonus feat
15th|Enhance chicken +8
16th|-
17th|Enhance chicken +9
18th|Bonus feat
19th|Enhance chicken +10
20th|- [/table]

Ah. Thank you. I should update the table to the new format with a lot of my older projects.