PDA

View Full Version : Will Sabine seek to ally with Team Evil?

Wou
2013-08-26, 09:04 AM
Let's see:
Redcloak is the only known (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0579.html)character that may be capable of resurrecting a disintegrated corpse.
We have reasons to suspect (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0804.html) her loyalty to Nale is greater then to the fiends trio.
She has at least some knowledge about fiends plans/capabilities, which are a threat to The Plan, thus valuable to TE.
Also about Order.
TE is short of the Chick right now.

If the trio is unwilling to help her and she's looking for an allies instead of just suicidally throw herself on Tarquins trying to trade her knowledge for a resurrection and possibly chance for revenge seems like an logical choice, doesn't it?

Jay R
2013-08-26, 09:16 AM
No. Team Evil doesn't care about Nale or Tarquin.

If the trio is unwilling to help her and she's looking for an allies instead of just suicidally throw herself on Tarquins trying to trade her knowledge for a resurrection and possibly chance for revenge seems like an logical choice, doesn't it?

She's literally an evil incarnation of illicit sex (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0394.html). "Logical" isn't her primary character note.

I note with interest that, because she broke the screen, she does not see that there is in fact one other person who is upset that Nale died.

Valanarch
2013-08-26, 09:19 AM
She's literally an evil incarnation of illicit sex (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0394.html). "Logical" isn't her primary character note.

I note with interest that, because she broke the screen, she does not see that there is in fact one other person who is upset that Nale died.

Actually, while she doesn't see Elan in 914, she presumably sees his reaction in 913.

Deepbluediver
2013-08-26, 09:22 AM
We don't know exactly WHEN she broke the screen. There could have been some delay between the final panel and the second-to-last one, enough time at least for her to see the conversation play out.

Frankly, when that kind of thing happens totally out of the blue, I think most characters would have at least a few moments of shocked surprise before they start reacting.

Cisturn
2013-08-26, 09:22 AM
I think the IFCC are more likely to kill off Sabine. She's a dangling plot thread, and Succubus' aren't really high enough in the infernal food chain to be irreplaceable.

Wou
2013-08-26, 09:24 AM
She might have seen Elans reaction before breaking the screen, if she wasn't blinded by rage that is. Doesn't change the fact I don't see Sabine and OotS cooperation likely, and even Elan will probably realize soon enough that bringing Nale back would not be a good idea.

sihnfahl
2013-08-26, 09:30 AM
I think the IFCC are more likely to kill off Sabine. She's a dangling plot thread, and Succubus' aren't really high enough in the infernal food chain to be irreplaceable.
Well, not kill her off, just lock her in the Infernal Planes.

While she does have knowledge of The Plan, her personal feelings toward Nale's death and disintegration would make her reliability as an asset ... questionable.

But useful someplace down the road.

Wou
2013-08-26, 09:46 AM
Not sure they think she's important enough to care.

Yendor
2013-08-26, 10:43 AM
We don't know exactly WHEN she broke the screen. There could have been some delay between the final panel and the second-to-last one, enough time at least for her to see the conversation play out.

Frankly, when that kind of thing happens totally out of the blue, I think most characters would have at least a few moments of shocked surprise before they start reacting.

I'm sure Sabine kept watching long enough to see what happened to Nale's body. She'd be thinking of a way to retrieve it and get him raised. Only when they destroyed it did she really flip out.

Teaming up with the OOTS is highly unlikely, especially now that V knows she's working with the IFCC.

Occasional Sage
2013-08-26, 10:53 AM
At least this will (should) end the "does Sabine really care about Nale" speculation.

luc258
2013-08-26, 10:54 AM
While she does have knowledge of The Plan, her personal feelings toward Nale's death and disintegration would make her reliability as an asset ... questionable.

I don't think she actually knows the IFCCs plan, based on what she said to V when he arrived there.

Bluepaw
2013-08-26, 10:58 AM
I wonder if, as the sole remaining member of the regular LG, Sabine's not more likely to become a unpredictable rogue element in the plot, a last-ninja-standing revenge-seeker...

Then again, Hilgya's still out there...

AKA_Bait
2013-08-26, 11:03 AM
At least this will (should) end the "does Sabine really care about Nale" speculation.

True. It took me off the fence. Of course, she could just be mad that all of the work she put in on him over the past several years is now wasted...

luc258
2013-08-26, 11:05 AM
Drama demands that the IFCC makes Sabine offer Tarquin to work for him, so they have an eye on him. Worst case for her.

CowardlyPaladin
2013-08-26, 11:06 AM
Actually, while she doesn't see Elan in 914, she presumably sees his reaction in 913.

We don't actually know when she broke the screen, she might have done so right after Tarquin's comment.

I"m more interested in the fact that Sabrine and V have had two bonding experiences.

mhsmith
2013-08-26, 11:25 AM

Well, not kill her off, just lock her in the Infernal Planes.

But useful someplace down the road.

Why would they kill her? "Unnecessary, destructive conflict" is probably a pretty good description of what she'd do even without any direction from her bosses. Heck, they might even be motivated to help her out.

Morty
2013-08-26, 11:30 AM
I don't think having some information about the fiends or the Order is enough for the Team Evil to accept Sabine's help. Or, to be more specific, it's not enough for Xykon. Redcloak might consider recruiting her, but I think Xykon would be very unwilling to accept more dead weight onto the team.

Synesthesy
2013-08-26, 11:53 AM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sabine should want revenge against Tarquin. Who's Tarquin's worst enemy? Elan. So Sabine should team up with the Order.
Other then 'I like you becouse you make me remember the blond air of my lost love' etcetera.

However, we must wait to know if really Nale is forever lost - for a demon, traveling to the evil afterlife shouldn't be so difficult, should it?

The Oni
2013-08-26, 03:29 PM
I can TOTALLY see Sabine somehow attempting (and probably failing) to ally with Elan. Remember Nale's comments about "those edgy good boys," which she never denied...

Also "that's enough Negative Levels..." Also looks like deceased boyfriend but with Charisma to spare.

Obscure Blade
2013-08-26, 03:36 PM
Drama demands that the IFCC makes Sabine offer Tarquin to work for him, so they have an eye on him. Worst case for her.Actually, considering how poorly making deals with fiends tends to turn out for mortals (V being a case in point), that might be her best case. Although for just that reason I doubt they could get Tarquin on the hook; he of all people would know how "deals with the Devil" tend to turn out narratively.

Jay R
2013-08-26, 04:12 PM

Elan was nowhere near Nale, and I presume she never took her eyes off Nale. Unless the screen is copying the exact view of the comic, rather than staying focused on the action, she won't have seen it.

But I admit that the question is open.

Gift Jeraff
2013-08-26, 04:23 PM
I think she's more likely to team-up with the OOTS, if anything. Kill Qarr to prove her "loyalty" and vent out (the IFCC may even be OK with that).

It'd certainly be interesting: regrouping with paladins while a vampire, demon, Death's Lil Helper, and someone indebted to archfiends tag along.

Heksefatter
2013-08-26, 04:25 PM
I don't see an alliance with Team Evil at all. Team Evil is on their way to Kraagor's Gate or already there, on an entirely different continent than where Tarquin is.

The Order of the Stick is only a slightly better option. While they would want to take down Tarquin, I don't see them making it a priority delaying going after Team Evil for, or why they would want to work with Sabine at all. They have no reason to trust her.

Her best bet might be to try and make a deal with the IFCC. Promise them something huge, in return for being allowed to take down Tarquin and perhaps even get some help doing so.

glissle
2013-08-26, 07:31 PM
If the OOTS aren't savvy enough to ask Laurin to zap Z's body, Sabine could retrieve it and arrange for him to be Raised. Then after being brought up to speed by Sabine, Z might be willing to...

...replace Xykon in return for having Redcloak bring back Nale.

It would be neat to see bonus strips following Sabine's efforts to regroup the LG by paying/charming for Thog and Z to be Raised, then contacting Redcloak and offering Z to replace X in return for a Res/True Res of Nale. (She might expect the Res to be possible if she obtains Tarquin's dagger.)

Then Nale might refuse to come back because he doesn't want to be anyone else's pawn, either. X would kill Z, and none of this would affect the main plot.

Net result: Sabine is scorned after all, and Thog lives. :smallsigh:

...And to truly go off the deep end, an epilogue will hint that the MitD will reform Thog.