PDA

View Full Version : The New Monster Advancement Request Thread

Fax Celestis
2013-08-26, 02:45 PM
Want a monster advanced in HD, by class, or via template? Post a request here and I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

This thread is not a place to request new, homebrewed monsters.

I have access to a wide variety of 3.0, 3.5, PF, and third-party material. If you're unsure I have access to something, ask.

If you're looking for a specific end result ("I need a dragon that drinks magic like water and breathes sonic booms", "I need an orcish warchief", or "If an illithid had a pet, what would it be?"), specify. I can do that.

What I need from you specifically:
Base creature
Any specific requests for advancement or templates (or excluding any of those)
Desired ECL

Please only request creatures you're going to actually use: some creatures made in this way can take a very long time to put together (which is why I'm doing it and not you), so don't be frivolous on this please.

If you give me a creature and template combination that otherwise wouldn't work, I'll see what I can do to make it work or make an approximation using a different template.

Fax Celestis
2013-08-26, 02:46 PM
Hellsteel Balor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15939828&postcount=9) (CR 23)
Ivyraptor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15967283&postcount=19) (CR 5)
Godscorned Wyvern (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15976533&postcount=20) (CR 4)
Oculomala (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15976721&postcount=21) (CR 12)
Berylinthranox (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16006941&postcount=34) (CR 12)

Fax Celestis
2013-08-31, 03:34 PM
...what, nobody? Come on. VT did this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19720) and it got to like twenty pages.

I get it you guys just loved him more than you love me :smallfrown:

ArcturusV
2013-08-31, 03:59 PM
Well, I'll be watching this, as I have a game I'm working on that due to it's plot may (or may not) end up with a lot of strange creatures. And I'm not too keen on Monster Rules myself. But at the moment I don't have any that are screaming out to be done. But in a few weeks I might be asking for something. We'll see how the party takes things.

gurgleflep
2013-08-31, 04:23 PM
So, if I'm understanding this right: existing monsters that you'll advance with templates and such? :smallconfused: So something like... badger with the half-illithid template? (just an example, using my favorite animal and one of my favorite templates)
If I'm right in my guess/assumption, would you be able to do something like a balor with the half-iron golem template for both arms?

Invader
2013-08-31, 04:26 PM
I wish there was something I needed for my campaign but I'm just drawing a blank at the moment. :smallfrown:

Fax Celestis
2013-08-31, 05:00 PM
So, if I'm understanding this right: existing monsters that you'll advance with templates and such? :smallconfused: So something like... badger with the half-illithid template? (just an example, using my favorite animal and one of my favorite templates)
If I'm right in my guess/assumption, would you be able to do something like a balor with the half-iron golem template for both arms?

Precisely. Yes I can. Will do so tonight or tomorrow.

gurgleflep
2013-08-31, 05:09 PM
Precisely. Yes I can. Will do so tonight or tomorrow.

Awesome opossum! Many thanks and an internet hug :smallbiggrin:

Fax Celestis
2013-09-01, 06:05 PM
Hellsteel Balor
Size/Type: Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil)
Hit Dice: 20d8+240 (330 hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), fly 90 ft. (good); cannot run
Armor Class: 26 (-1 size, +6 Dex, +11 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +20/+42
Attack: +1 vorpal longsword +39 melee (2d6+19/19-20)
Full Attack: +1 vorpal longsword +37/+32/+27/+22 melee (2d6+19/19-20) and +1 flaming whip +36/+31 melee (1d4+9 plus 1d6 fire plus entangle); or 2 slams +37 melee (1d10+18)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft. (20 ft. with +1 flaming whip)
Special Attacks: Breath weapon (10 ft. cube, poison gas, 1d4/3d4 Con, DC 32), death throes, entangle, spell-like abilities, summon demon, vorpal sword
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 15/cold iron and good; damage reduction 25/magic; darkvision 60 ft.; flaming body; magic immunity; immunity to ability damage, ability drain, critical hits, death effects, disease, electricity, energy drain, fire, magical or natural healing, massive damage, mind-affecting effects, necromantic effects, nonlethal damage, paralysis, poison, resurrection, sleep, stunning, and any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects; resistance to acid 10 and cold 10; rust vulnerability; spell resistance 28; telepathy 100 ft.; true seeing
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +18, Will +19
Abilities: Str 47, Dex 23, Con 35, Int 18, Wis 24, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +31, Concentration +33, Diplomacy +35, Disguise +8 (+10 acting), Hide +26, Intimidate +33, Knowledge (any two) +30, Listen +38, Move Silently +30, Search +30, Sense Motive +30, Spellcraft +30 (+32 scrolls), Spot +38, Survival +7 (+9 following tracks), Use Magic Device +31 (+33 scrolls)
Feats: Cleave, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (telekinesis), Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (longsword)
Environment: A chaotic evil-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary or troupe (1 hellsteel balor, 1 marilith, and 2-5 hezrous)
Challenge Rating: 23
Treasure: Standard coins; double goods; standard items, plus +1 large vorpal longsword and +1 large flaming whip
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: By class; favored class: Fighter
Level Adjustment: —

A hellsteel balor stands about 12 feet tall. Its skin is unusually dark red. It weighs about 4,500 pounds. Its arms have been replaced with golem-like appendages forged of gently glowing red metal.

Combat
Hellsteel balors love to join battle armed with their swords and whips. Unlike most balors, hellsteel balors will stand and fight when their unmodified bretheren would retreat and regroup.

A hellstell balor's +1 flaming whip is a long, flexible weapon with many tails tipped with hooks, spikes, and balls. The weapon deals bludgeoning and slashing damage, in addition to fire damage.

A balor's natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned, evil-aligned, and magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Breath Weapon (Su): 10-foot cube, cloud of poisonous gas lasting 1 round, free action once every 1d4+1 rounds; initial damage 1d4 Con, secondary damage 3d4 Con, Fortitude DC 32 negates. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Death Throes (Ex): When killed, a hellsteel balor explodes in a blinding flash of light that deals 100 points of damage to anything within 100 feet (Reflex DC 32 half). This explosion automatically destroys any weapons the hellsteel balor is holding. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Entangle (Ex): A hellsteel balor’s +1 flaming whip entangles foes much like an attack with a net. The whip has 20 hit points. The whip needs no folding. If it hits, the target and the balor immediately make opposed Strength checks; if the balor wins, it drags the target against its flaming body (see below). The target remains anchored against the hellsteel balor’s body until it escapes the whip.

Flaming Body (Su): The body of a hellsteel balor is wreathed in flame. Anyone grappling a hellsteel balor takes 6d6 points of fire damage each round.

Magic Immunity (Ex): A hellsteel balor is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the hellsteel balor, as noted below.

A magical attack that deals electricity damage slows a hellsteel balor(as the slow spell) for 3 rounds, with no saving throw.

A magical attack that deals fire damage breaks any slow effect on the hellsteel balor and heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. Despite being immune to fire, damage that would be dealt in this fashion still heals the hellsteel balor. If the amount of healing would cause the hellsteel balor to exceed its full normal hit points, it gains any excess as temporary hit points. For example, a hellsteel balor hit by a fireball gains back 6 hit points if the damage total is 18 points. A hellsteel balor gets no saving throw against fire effects.

A hellsteel balor is affected normally by rust attacks, such as that of a rust monster or a rusting grasp spell.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will—blasphemy (DC 23), dominate monster (DC 25), greater dispel magic, greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), insanity (DC 23), power word stun, telekinesis (DC 21), unholy aura (DC 24); 1/day—fire storm (DC 24), implosion (DC 25). Caster level 20th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Vorpal Sword (Su): Every hellsteel balor carries a +1 vorpal longsword that looks like a flame or a bolt of lightning.

Summon Demon (Sp): Once per day, a hellsteel balor can automatically summon 4d10 dretches, 1d4 hezrous, or one nalfeshnee, glabrezu, marilith, or balor. This ability is the equivalent of a 9th-level spell. If a hellsteel balor summons a balor, it is also a hellsteel balor.

True Seeing (Su): Hellsteel balors have a continuous true seeing ability, as the spell (caster level 20th).

Skills: Hellsteel balors have a +8 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks. Despite its lowered Intelligence, hellsteel balors receive the same skill points as a traditional balor.

Invader
2013-09-01, 07:05 PM
Ok I have something for you.

I need a topiary guardian and a wyvern reduced to 4hd, medium sized and no flight. Must also have 2 Int.

gurgleflep
2013-09-01, 10:11 PM
*EPIC BALOR OF EPIC EPICNESS FROM THE PLANE OF EPIC!!*

Thank you! :smallbiggrin: There aren't enough words in the dictionary to explain how grateful I am!

Stille_Nacht
2013-09-01, 10:41 PM
ok, i'm throwing some Xorian plot at my players, so i need some suitably insane (literally) challenges.

i would like a duck with the half beholder template (Bastards and Bloodlines) please.
I prefer it to be a challenge for a pretty optimize, tier 3 party at level 10, but other than that, do whatever :].

Incorrect
2013-09-02, 02:28 AM
For my campaign, I could really use some help on making an undead green dragon, that is still interesting and surprising. The party assumes nothing more than a zombie dragon, and I would love to prove them wrong.

Green Dragon
Undead
CR ~12
Other templates, classes etc: everything allowed, even Pf if you feel like it.

The dragon acts as a guardian, flying above an undead city. The main task is to prevent flying attackers, but it will also swoop down if there is trouble in the streets.
It was animated by the BBEG (or one of his necromancers with any required feats) and if intelligent it has one of the characters as a personal Nemesis.

Thanks in advance :smallsmile:

Biotroll
2013-09-02, 04:12 AM
Oooh, making my life easier. :smalltongue:

I need colossal seven-headed hydra (normal) advanced to like 12 (?) HD. (If you feel my mid-op party of 5 around lvl 7 can handle more HD, go ahead and give some more. Hydra will be their only encounter that day anyway.)

ETA: I forgot I won't be around to thank you properly this week, so many thanks in advance. :smallsmile:

Thurbane
2013-09-02, 06:10 AM
I have a specific request please: I would like a Were-phynxkin Spellscale (Spellscale with [natural] Lycanthropy that turns into a Phynxkin) and has 6 levels of Warmage?

squera
2013-09-02, 12:18 PM
I would like one or two Gargoyles build, pimped up to reach CR 7 (or 8, see below).

You are free to add templates that make it more exotic, possibly more dwarven-inspired, so you can reach lvl 8 if you think you created something really awesome :)

thank you!!

Invader
2013-09-05, 06:57 PM
Has this thread died already?

Fax Celestis
2013-09-05, 07:02 PM
No, just been busy and working on requests. I'll probably have one or two up tonight.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-05, 07:46 PM

I need a topiary guardian and a wyvern reduced to 4hd, medium sized and no flight. Must also have 2 Int.

Ivyraptor
Nymph Child Topiary Guardian Deinonychus
Size/Type: Medium Plant
Hit Dice: 4d8+8 (26 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
Armor Class: 19 (+4 Dex, +5 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+6
Attack: Talons +7 melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack: Talons +7 melee (1d8+3) and 2 foreclaws +5 melee (1d3+1) and bite +5 melee (2d4+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Merciful, pounce, stunning glance
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/slashing, damage reduction 5/cold iron, dazzling beauty, freeze, low-light vision, nymph blood, plant traits, scent, tremorsense 60', unearthly grace, vulnerability to fire, wild empathy
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 5
Skills: Hide +14, Jump +23, Listen +9, Move Silently +14 Spot +9, Survival +9, Swim +7
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Multiattack
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary or garden (2–8)
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: by class; favored class: Druid
Level Adjustment: --

An ivyraptor appears to be a predatory dinosaur manufactured out of a shrub. It weighs about 100 pounds.

Ivyraptors speak Sylvan.

Combat
An ivyraptor uses a combination of speed, grasping forearms, large teeth, and hind legs with ripping talons. It hunts by running at prey, leaping, and ripping with its rear talons as it claws and bites. The talons count as one attack.

Dazzling Beauty (Su): Four times per day, an ivyrapyor can affect all humanoids within 30 feet. Those who look directly at ain ivyraptor must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 8) or be dazzled for 24 hours. This ability is the equivalent of a 1st-level spell.

Freeze (Ex): An ivyraptor can hold itself so still that it appears to be a normal sculpted shrub. An observer must succeed on a DC 30 Spot check to notice that an ivyraptor is actually an animated creature.

Merciful (Ex): An ivyraptor can deal nonlethal damage with any of its attacks without taking the standard –4 penalty on attack rolls. The ivyraptor chooses whether to deal lethal or nonlethal damage depending on the orders it is given by its creator. Orders to capture or subdue enemies cause the ivyraptor to use nonlethal attacks; any other attack order causes the ivyraptor to deal lethal damage.

Nymph Blood (Ex): For all special abilities and effects, an ivyraptor is considered both a nymph and a plant.

Pounce (Ex): If an ivyraptor charges, it can make a full attack.

Stunning Glance (Su): As a standard action, an ivyraptor can stun a creature within 15 feet with a look. The target creature must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 8) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Unearthly Grace (Su): An ivyraptor adds half its Charisma bonus (positive only) as a bonus on all saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to Armor Class. A typical ivyraptor does not have a Charisma score high enough to make use of this ability.

Wild Empathy (Ex): An ivyraptor has wild empathy as if it were a third-level druid. An ivyraptor also gets a +2 racial bonus on wild empathy checks.

Skills: An ivyraptor has a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival checks. An ivyraptor also gains a +4 bonus on Swim checks.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-07, 11:13 AM

Godscorned Wyvern
Miniature Blighted Thrall Wyvern
Size/Type: Medium Dragon
Hit Dice: 4d12+12 (38 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 19 (+2 Dex, +7 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+5
Attack: Sting +6 melee (1d4+1 plus poison) or talon +6 melee (1d10+1) or bite +6 melee (2d6+1)
Full Attack: Sting +6 melee (1d4 plus poison+1) and bite +4 melee (2d6+1) and 2 wings +4 melee (1d6+1) and 2 talons +4 melee (1d10+1)
Special Attacks: Improved grab, poison (DC 15, 1d8/1d8 CON), smite unbeliever
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/-; darkvision 60 ft.; detect faithful; immunity to mind-affecting spells and effects, nauseation, paralysis, sleep, and stunning; implacable warrior; inner strength; low-light vision; scent
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 8, Cha 3
Skills: Hide +6, Listen +1, Move Silently +6, Spot +4
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Alertness, Multiattack(B)
Environment: Warm hills
Organization: Solitary, pair, or flight (3-6)
Challenge Rating: 4
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 5-7 HD (Medium); 8-10 HD (Large); 11-21 HD (Huge)

These wyverns have been cursed by Io for their failure in times forgotten. They are smaller, weaker, and stupider than their uncursed counterparts, yet they still worship Io and attempt to remove the curse on their species.

A godscorned wyvern's body is 7 feet long, and dark brown to gray; half that length is tail. Its wingspan is about 10 feet, yet its wings have atrophied and are useless. A godscorned wyvern weighs about one half-ton.

Godscorned wyverns understand but do not speak Draconic.

Combat
Godscorned wyverns are rather stupid but always aggressive: They attack nearly anything that isn't obviously more powerful than themselves.

Detect Faithful (Su): A godscorned wyvern can automatically detect the presence of a cleric or other religious authority of the same faith as itself within 8 miles. Upon detecting such an individual, if the godscorned wyvern has no master, the creature seeks out the detected cleric and offers service, continuing to attend that individual until one or the other is slain or the godscorned wyvern's assistance is rejected.

If no clerics can be found within the range, or its services are refused, the godscorned wyvern moves on to seek a new master.

Implacable Warrior (Ex): A godscorned wyvern can continue to fight and function normally until it reaches –10 hit points, at which point it dies.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a wyvern must hit with its talons. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and stings.

Inner Strength (Ex): A godscorned wyvern with at least 6 hit points can temporarily increase its Strength score by 2 points for 6 rounds by dealing itself 5 points of nonlethal damage. The godscorned wyvern may sacrifice more than 5 hit points to gain additional points of Strength, as long as it has at least one hit point remaining after expending the others.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 15, initial and secondary damage 1d8 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Smite Unbeliever (Su): Once per day, a godscorned wyvern can deal extra damage with a melee attack on a member of another faith. A successful attack deals double damage, as if it were a critical hit (but is not a critical hit for all other purposes). If the attack is actually a critical hit, the damage multiplier of the attack is increased by one. The smite must be declared before making the attack roll. If the attack misses, or accidentally strikes a creature of the same faith as the godscorned wyvern, the attempt is wasted for the day.

In the case of striking a believer, the godscorned wyvern takes the damage as if it had hit itself with a normal attack. The believer is unharmed.

Skills: Godscorned wyverns have a +3 racial bonus on Spot checks.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-07, 11:53 AM
ok, i'm throwing some Xorian plot at my players, so i need some suitably insane (literally) challenges.

i would like a duck with the half beholder template (Bastards and Bloodlines) please.
I prefer it to be a challenge for a pretty optimize, tier 3 party at level 10, but other than that, do whatever :].

Oculomala
Spellwarped Half-Beholder Legendary Duck
Size/Type: Small Aberration (Augmented Animal)
Hit Dice: 12d8+60 (138 hp)
Initiative: +15
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 100 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 34 (+1 size, +11 Dex, +12 natural), touch 22, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+6
Attack: Talons +20 melee (1d6+4)
Full Attack: 2 talons +20 melee (1d6+4) and bite +15 melee (1d8+2)
Special Attacks: Eye rays
Special Qualities: All-around vision; darkvision 60 ft.; float; low-light vision; spell absorption; spell resistance 23
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +14
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 32, Con 21, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 15
Skills: Listen +11, Spot +15, Search +2
Feats: Ability Focus (Eye Rays), Alertness, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Weapon Focus (Ray), Improved Initiative (B), Shot on the Run (B), Weapon Finesse (B)
Environment: Temperate mountains
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 12
Alignment: Usually evil (any)
Advancement: 13-24 HD (Small)

Oculomala appear to be far-touched ducks subjected to a horrifying procedure and interbred with beholderkin. They are larger than typical ducks and have five eyestalks sprouting from their shoulders.

Oculomala speak their own language.

Combat
All-Around Vision (Ex): Because of their additional eyes, oculomala are exceptionally alert and able to look in all directions at once. This gives them a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks and they can't be flanked.

Eye Rays (Su): An oculomala has five eyestalks, each able to produce a magical ray once a round, even when the oculomala is attacking physically or moving at full speed. An oculomala can easily aim all its eyes upward, but its own head and body tend to get in the way when it tries to aim in other directions. During around, it can aim only three eye rays at targets in any one arc other than up (forward, backward, left, right, or down). The remaining eyes must aim at targets in other arcs or not at all. Each eye's effect resembles a spell cast by a 9th level sorcerer but follows the rules for a ray. All rays have a range of 100 feet and a save DC of 21.

Fear: This works like the spell, except that it targets one creature. The target mus succeed at a Will save or be affected as though by the spell.
Finger of Death: The target must succeed on a Fortitude save or be slain as though by the spell. The target takes 3d6+9 damage on a successful saving throw.
Sleep: This works like the spell, except that it affects one creature with any number of Hit Dice. The target must make a Will save to resist.
Slow: This works like the spell, except that it affects one creature. The target must make a Will save to resist.
Telekinesis: The oculomala can move objects or creature that weigh up to 225 lbs, as though with the telekinesis spell. Creatures can resist the effect with a successful Will save.

Float (Ex): An oculomala is naturally buoyant. This buoyancy grants it a permanent feather fall effect with personal range.

Spell Absorption (Su): Whenever a spell fails to penetrate an oculomala's spell resistance, it gains one of the following benefits, chosen at the time the spell resolves:

Might: The oculomala gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength for 1 minute.
Agility: The oculomala gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Dexterity for 1 minute.
Endurance: The oculomala gains a +4 ehancement bonus to Constitution for 1 minute.
Life: The oculomala gains temporary hit points equal to 5 times the level of the failed spell.
Speed: The oculomala's base speed increases by a number of feetequal to 5 times the level of the failed spell for one minute.
Resistance: The oculomala gains resistance 10 to one energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) for one minute.

unseenmage
2013-09-07, 12:12 PM
Nice thread. It would be nice if you could list the source of each template you're applying though.

As for a request, I may have backed myself into a bit of a corner. I used some shifty entities in game for PLOT power before i got them actually statted up.

If you could I'd like three versions of the same monster, the sneaker, the beater, and the magic-er. Rogue, Fighter, and Wizard levels will be fine.

The monster in question is alchemical Shapesand from Sandstorm affected by the Minor Servitor spell from Savage Species. Then with Class levels applied.
They need to be able to take on two medium op 16th level characters as a group and they'll need Wis buff so that they can control their own Shapesand body.

Thanks regardless.

Edit: If limited to only one I'd want the sneaker version more than the other two. I see a shapeshifting sand monster as more of an nfiltrator than a beatstick or master of arcane might.

Stille_Nacht
2013-09-07, 01:09 PM
snip

Thanks a lot :D, now my party will have to ware the beholder duck lurking in the shadows xD

inuyasha
2013-09-07, 01:19 PM
Sorry if this is too open ended, but can you make different varieties of commoner zombies? Like diseased, cryogenic, transforming!, ones with huge bone spurs they use, stuff like that

Virdish
2013-09-07, 03:12 PM
Slightly difficult request... I think. I need 3 huge constructs that are meant as a fairly difficult challenge (only encounter of the day) for a mid op 5 th level adventuring party of four. I would like them to be interesting but if you can't pull off unique with three without making it nearly impossible for my party then feel free to reduce the numbers.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Party is gestalted.

G.Cube
2013-09-07, 03:55 PM
I need a clockwork dragon around CR 10 please!

Brookshw
2013-09-09, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a great help for those of us without sufficient time to prep. Would you be kind enough to do up a CR 25 blue dragon dracolich? It's a very high power campaign.

Out of curiosity does anyone know of a place I could grab preexisting spell lists for epic casters?

unseenmage
2013-09-09, 11:00 AM
Out of curiosity does anyone know of a place I could grab preexisting spell lists for epic casters?

You know about the Rules Compendium book right, to do epic spellcasting you take that and throw it out.

There, now you have a spell list for an epic caster.

But seriously, no shattering everything with epic casting is kinda hard, because it tends to be either game breaking or useless. You either have all the time and info you need to never fail, or you're on the spot and need a spell but it takes forever to research a new one.

Brookshw
2013-09-09, 12:26 PM
Sorry, I guess the request was unclear. More I'm looking for pregen spell lists for higher level casters up to and potentially including level 10+ spell slots (and of course level 1-9 slots) rather than epic spells in particular. Basically trying to save myself from spending half hour plus putting together spell lists. Builds aren't a driving factor, I can work around that. Any thoughts on if such listings exist and where they could be located are much appreciated.

T.G. Oskar
2013-09-09, 02:04 PM
Hmm, monster advancement? I might have a great idea for you, the brainchild of a friend of mine and, well, myself, and that has expanded into the Eberron game I currently have.

The request would be to construct the Effigy of a Griffon, which for some strange and odd reason has been infused with life and turned into a Soulfused Construct. Add as many class levels as you wish to make it a CR 8 character.

Yes, class levels. Read the Soulfused Construct template if you don't believe me.

There's two concessions I'm making, just to see how it'd work. The first is, as part of my houserules, you gain +2 points to spread to ability scores every 4 HD (thus, you can spend 1 point in two scores, or 2 points in one score). Second, since it's the creation of an artificer with Improved Homunculus that got into Effigy Master for some reason (think dipping 1 level in Wizard), I ruled that the Soulfused Effigy Griffon counts as a homunculus for purposes of the Improved Homunculus feat (from Magic of Eberron).

Since this is a showcase to allow other people to see and, potentially, use the monsters, let's do a showcase version and a request version.

For the showcase version, it should be:
Monster: Griffon
Templates: Effigy (Complete Mage) -> Soulfused Construct (Magic of Incarnum)
Other: Any class (preferably combat-related classes)

For the request version, it should be:
Other: Any class (preferably combat-related classes), +2 to ability scores every 4 HD (or 4 ECL), treat as homunculus for Imp. Homunculus feat. You can spoiler it if you want.

Up for the task?

Fax Celestis
2013-09-09, 03:08 PM
Hmm, monster advancement? I might have a great idea for you, the brainchild of a friend of mine and, well, myself, and that has expanded into the Eberron game I currently have.

The request would be to construct the Effigy of a Griffon, which for some strange and odd reason has been infused with life and turned into a Soulfused Construct. Add as many class levels as you wish to make it a CR 8 character.

Yes, class levels. Read the Soulfused Construct template if you don't believe me.

There's two concessions I'm making, just to see how it'd work. The first is, as part of my houserules, you gain +2 points to spread to ability scores every 4 HD (thus, you can spend 1 point in two scores, or 2 points in one score). Second, since it's the creation of an artificer with Improved Homunculus that got into Effigy Master for some reason (think dipping 1 level in Wizard), I ruled that the Soulfused Effigy Griffon counts as a homunculus for purposes of the Improved Homunculus feat (from Magic of Eberron).

Since this is a showcase to allow other people to see and, potentially, use the monsters, let's do a showcase version and a request version.

For the showcase version, it should be:
Other: Any class (preferably combat-related classes)

For the request version, it should be:
Other: Any class (preferably combat-related classes), +2 to ability scores every 4 HD (or 4 ECL), treat as homunculus for Imp. Homunculus feat. You can spoiler it if you want.

Up for the task?

Yeah, I can do that.

Will do a few more request monsters tonight.

pilvento
2013-09-09, 03:55 PM
I feel guilty for giving you more work to do but...

Im having a hard time finishing the BBG of my campaign.

I want him to be an advanced aboleth, who likes to hang arround in human form. Final goal, wake the leviatan, im going to replace the bad guy from the elder evil book. The setting has very low magic, just a bit of divine, so i like the idea of this villain older than the plane itself to have most if not the only knowledge of arcane arts.

Its a big and open request, but if you can at least help me stat him ill take care of the rest.

In resume, advanced aboleth, full arcane caster. likes to summon/control creatures of the depths.

By the time of the "final encounter" the party will be lvl 15. they are four.

Bear warrior
Warmage
Ninja
Scarlet Corsair

They can do only one thing, kill stuff. They have their ship and crew too.

Agrippa
2013-09-09, 04:31 PM
How about these nasties from RWBY.

First up the Deathstalker (http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Deathstalker). Giant deadly scorpion with extra armor plating up top. I suggest using Pathfinder's giant black scorpion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/vermin/scorpion/scorpion-black) as a base.

For the Ursa (http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Ursa) I'd say use a dire bear (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/bear/dire-bear) as a base, but with bone spikes and an armored head.

Beowolves (http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Beowolves) can basically be bipedal dire wolves (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/wolf/dire-wolf) with spikes and ram attacks.

Last but not least are the Nevermore (http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Nevermore). Start out with a roc (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/roc). Give it a ram attack too and quill shooting.

Use what ever classes or templates you need in making them.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-12, 12:24 AM
For my campaign, I could really use some help on making an undead green dragon, that is still interesting and surprising. The party assumes nothing more than a zombie dragon, and I would love to prove them wrong.

Green Dragon
Undead
CR ~12
Other templates, classes etc: everything allowed, even Pf if you feel like it.

The dragon acts as a guardian, flying above an undead city. The main task is to prevent flying attackers, but it will also swoop down if there is trouble in the streets.
It was animated by the BBEG (or one of his necromancers with any required feats) and if intelligent it has one of the characters as a personal Nemesis.

Thanks in advance :smallsmile:

Your player is going to hate me, and your BBEG is probably going to want to supply this guy with some means of staving off sunlight. His spells are a little lame, so feel free to rearrange them a little.

Berylinthranox
Three-Headed Vampiric Juvenile Green Dragon
Size/Type: Large Undead
Hit Dice: 16d12+68 (163 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), swim 40 ft
Armor Class: 28 (+3 Dex, -1 size, +16 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 25
Base Attack/Grapple: +16/+30
Attack: Bite +21 melee (2d6+6)
Full Attack: 3 bites +21 melee (2d6+6) and 2 claws +19 (1d8+3 plus energy drain) and 2 wings +19 (1d6+3) and tail slap +19 (1d8+9)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft. (10 ft. with bite)
Special Attacks: Blood drain; breath weapon (30' cone, 8d6 acid, DC 17); charm; create spawn; domination; energy drain; rend; spellcasting
Special Qualities: All-around vision; blindsense 60'; darkvision 120'; fast healing 5; gaseous form; immunity to acid, any effect that requires a Fortitude save that does not affect objects, paralysis, sleep; multiple minds; keen senses; multiheaded; resistance to cold 20 and electricity 20; turn resistance +4; undead traits; water breathing
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +13
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 16, Con --, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 18
Skills: Bluff +29, Concentration +19, Hide +33, Intimidate +21, Listen +30, Move Silently +33, Search +28, Sense Motive +13, Spellcraft +20, Spot +30
Feats: Multiattack, Improved Grapple, Power Attack, Snatch, Rend, Improved Snatch, Alertness (B), Combat Reflexes (B), Dodge (B), Improved Initiative (B), Lightning Reflexes (B)
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: Triple standard
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Advancement: juvenile 17-19 HD; young adult 20-22 HD; adult 23-25 HD; mature adult 26-28 HD; old 29-31 HD; very old 32-34 HD; ancient 35-37 HD; wyrm 38-40 HD; great wyrm 41+ HD; or by class; Favored class: any
Level Adjustment: +13

All-Around Vision (Ex): Berylinthranox can see in all directions, providing a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks, and he cannot be flanked.

Blood Drain (Ex): Berylinthranox can suck blood from a living victim one size category smaller than itself or larger. If he pins the foe with whom he is grappling, he drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained.

Breath Weapon (Su): 8d6 acid damage. Using a breath weapon is a standard action. Once Berylinthranox breathes, he can't breathe again until 1d4 rounds later. A blast from a breath weapon always starts at any intersection adjacent to Berylinthranox and extends in a direction of his choice, covering a 30' cone. Creatures caught in the area can attempt Reflex saves to take half damage (DC 17, Constitution based).

Charm (Su): Berylinthranox's voice can bewitch listeners. This requires a full-round action by Berylinthranox, but any creatures within 120 feet who can hear his voice must make a DC 21 Will save or become charmed (as charm monster). The charm is immediately broken if Berylinthranox uses his frightful presence within range of the charmed individual or makes any attack against the charmed individual. Berylinthranox need not see his targets to use this power.

Create Spawn (Su): A humanoid or monstrous humanoid slain by a Berylinthranox's energy drain attack rises as a vampire spawn 1d4 days after death.

If Berylinthranox instead drains his victim's Constitution to 0, the victim returns as a spawn if it had 4 or fewer Hit Dice and as a vampire if it had 5 or more HD. In either case, the new vampire or spawn is under the command of Berylinthranox and remains enslaved until Berylinthranox's death.

An adult or older dragon slain by Berylinthranox's blood drain returns as a vampiric dragon under the command of Berylinthranox, as noted above. Young adult or younger dragons slain by his blood drain attack, or any dragons slain by his energy drain attack, rise instead as mindless zombie dragons.

Domination (Su): Berylinthranox can crush an opponent's will just by looking into its eyes. This ability works similarly to a gaze attack, except that Berylinthranox must use a standard action, and those merely looking at him are not affected. Anyone Berylinthranox targets must succeed on a DC 21 Will save or fall instantly under Berylinthranox's influence as though by a dominate monster spell (caster level 18th). This ability has a range of 60 feet.

Energy Drain (Su): A living creature hit by Berylinthranox's claw attack gains one negative level.

Fast Healing (Ex): Berylinthranox heals 5 hit points of damage each round so long as he has at least 1 hit point. If reduced to 0 hit points or lower, Berylinthranox automatically assumes gaseous form (fly speed 40 feet, otherwise as the spell) and attempts to escape. He must reach his hoard within 2 hours or be utterly destroyed. (He can travel up to 18 miles in 2 hours.) Once at rest upon his hoard, he rises to 1 hit point after 1 hour, then resumes healing at the rate of 5 hit points per round. For obvious reasons, Berylinthranox prefers to keep his hoard well concealed from adventurers and would-be thieves.

Multiheaded (Ex): If Berylinthranox has a special attack based on some part of his head or neck (such as his domination ability or a gaze attack), each head can use that ability each round. Spells and spell-like abilities are not increased in this manner, nor are any abilities originating from elsewhere within the body but deployed through the head. Breath weapons fall into this latter category, since they originate from other parts of his body.

Multiple Minds (Ex): Berylinthranox has a brain in each head. For all mind-affecting attacks, each head Berylinthranox possesses counts as a separate creature. If a spell or effect can only affect one of Berylinthranox's heads (such as a charm monster spell, which affects a single target), the unaffected heads take control of his body. The spell affects the targeted head normally. In effect, mind-affecting attacks must affect all heads in order to achieve the normal result.

Berylinthranox may use one head to cast a spell-like ability or a spell with no somatic components and still make a single attack with another head or an appendage controlled by another head. (Somatic components require the whole body.) A Concentration check (DC 10 + spell level) is required to successfully use a spell or spell-like ability in this fashion. No more than one spell may be cast per round in this manner (unless Berylinthranox has access to spells that can be cast as free or swift actions), and no more than one other single attack may take place along with the spell.

Rend (Ex): If Berylinthranox strikes a creature with two claw attacks in one round, he deals additional damage equal to two claw attacks plus 1-1/2 times his Strength bonus (2d8+9 plus energy drain). He cannot grab an opponent at the same time he rends.

Spellcasting: Caster level 1st. 0th -- 5/day -- detect magic, dancing lights, prestidigitation, ray of frost; 1st -- 4/day -- mage armor, magic missile

Vampiric Weaknesses: Berylinthranox shares the typical vampire's vulnerability to sunlight. Direct sunlight slows Berylinthranox, allowing him only a single standard action or move action each round. Berylinthranox can survive exposure to direct sunlight for four consecutive rounds, after which he is utterly destroyed. Driving a wooden stake through Berylinthranox's heart slays it, just as with a normal vampire. Due to Berylinthranox's size, a stake used in this fashion will likely need to be about the size of a spear.

Unlike other vampires, Berylinthranox is not injured by immersion in water. Berylinthranoxis not repelled by garlic or mirrors (though he doesn't keep mirrors in his hoard), and he can freely cross running water. He can't enter a home unless invited, but he can simply destroy the home and then pick through the rubble for his victims.

Water Breathing (Ex): Berylinthranox can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use his breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged. Due to this, Berylinthranox generally keeps his hoard underwater when possible.

Skills: Berylinthranox hasa +8 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.

Toy Killer
2013-09-12, 12:47 AM
Well, a bit of an odd request for sure...

I'm looking for a tank, an APC (Armored Personal Carrier) and a Helicopter.

Time traveling space Nazi's are the BBEGs in a campaign I'm working with.

I just need them conceptualized in 3.5/Pathfinder rules. I don't mind, for example, if you template out a Huge dire bear and give it massive DR and a ranged weapon for the main turret, (The Nazis are going to be using lazer rifles and such described on page 146 of the DMG... so please make sure the cannon can compete with their weaponry!) or advancing a spider eater up to huge for the helicopter.

Incorrect
2013-09-12, 01:48 AM
Your player is going to hate me, and your BBEG is probably going to want to supply this guy with some means of staving off sunlight. His spells are a little lame, so feel free to rearrange them a little.

Berylinthranox
Three-Headed Vampiric Juvenile Green Dragon

...And my players call ME an evil bastard!?

I really like this, Fax, great work! Giving a flying guardian three heads really is a stroke of genius, and fits the theme perfectly.
When the players fight this monstrosity they will have to prepare very carefully or they will die, and that's perfect.

Thank you for this, I am very grateful :smallsmile:

AMFV
2013-09-12, 10:23 PM
Howdy, I'm looking for an upgraded version of the clockwork horror. Which obviously is pretty terrible. It should be around CR 8ish. The concept is clockwork horrors in Ravenloft that get corrupted by the fabric of the plane into something more unpleasant and evil adding xenophobia and megalomania to their regular unpleasantness, also increasing their intelligence, and possibly juggling their special abilities around some. If you need to know the inspiration for this comes from watching a lot of things with Tom Baker recently and as such and I have been inspired by other robotic xenophobic racial cleansing machines, and it seems like it will be gobs of fun, the game is scheduled for Sunday, so if you could get it to me by then, that'd be amazing. Of course since I'm asking a favor already, I can understand if you're too busy. Anyways if you need any more infor let me know.

gurgleflep
2013-09-27, 05:58 PM
Hello! Hello! Hello!
This thread's been quiet ._. Are you still doing the monster advancments and such?

unseenmage
2013-09-27, 06:24 PM
Hello! Hello! Hello!
This thread's been quiet ._. Are you still doing the monster advancments and such?

Seconding the curiosity.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-27, 08:47 PM
Yes. Usually I do these on my lunch break, but work has been hellacious recently.

gurgleflep
2013-09-27, 11:03 PM
Yes. Usually I do these on my lunch break, but work has been hellacious recently.

I can understand why it's taking you so long then - take your time and try to stay out of trouble at work!