PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to bet?

Olinser
2013-08-26, 05:43 PM
That before Nale was disintegrated, when Elan was over his body, he grabbed some of his hair or blood so he could sneak a Resurrection on him?

Secris
2013-08-26, 05:48 PM
Not particularly, no. I'd happily bet against that though.

Sylthia
2013-08-26, 05:49 PM
I don't think so. Elan's not good at hiding his feelings and seemed genuinely horrified when it happened.

However, Tarquin did put his bloody dagger back into his hammerspace, so there's still blood there that can be used.

Geordnet
2013-08-26, 05:55 PM
Just ask for odds over here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298504) :roach:

Excise
2013-08-26, 08:19 PM
I don't think so. Elan's not good at hiding his feelings and seemed genuinely horrified when it happened.

However, Tarquin did put his bloody dagger back into his hammerspace, so there's still blood there that can be used.

This was mentioned elsewhere, but would the blood on Tarquin's dagger really count? After all, Nale was alive at the time the blood got there. Is it really part of his corpse?

Otherwise I could envision D&D characters leaving vials of blood in safety deposit boxes all over the world just in case they die and need a rez.

Giggling Ghast
2013-08-26, 08:29 PM
I will bet you the G and Ps from my Scrabble set that Nale is dead, dead, dead.

Geordnet
2013-08-26, 08:38 PM
This was mentioned elsewhere, but would the blood on Tarquin's dagger really count? After all, Nale was alive at the time the blood got there. Is it really part of his corpse?
The same could be said of almost all blood shed by a person. Seeing as the dagger in question was the one used to kill him, and the fact there's nothing else to even call a corpse, I would certainly say it counts. (If nothing else, the blood cells should have still been alive at the time Nale himself perished.)

Otherwise I could envision D&D characters leaving vials of blood in safety deposit boxes all over the world just in case they die and need a rez.
And what's wrong with this? :smalltongue:

Sylthia
2013-08-26, 08:55 PM

I think the blood has to be taken at the time of death, so one couldn't leave vials lying around, but in Nale's case, the dagger pretty much killed him instantly, so I think the bloody dagger would count.

Excise
2013-08-27, 01:00 PM
I think the blood has to be taken at the time of death, so one couldn't leave vials lying around, but in Nale's case, the dagger pretty much killed him instantly, so I think the bloody dagger would count.

I guess it depends how much of a stickler we are for "pretty much" :-) We know Nale was alive for one panel.

Xelbiuj
2013-08-27, 01:31 PM
As long as Durkon refuses to raise him, I'd be fine with it. Of course somehow the lunatics on here would spin that as an evil act. lol

Snails
2013-08-27, 01:33 PM
We perceive in Narrative Time. From the perspective of the RAW, Nale took zero time to die.

Whether the blood on the dagger would be good enough is ambiguous, but whether Nale took one or more panels to die is irrelevant to resolving that question.

Diadem
2013-08-27, 02:27 PM
The Giant has explicitly said that Nale is never coming back. What more could you guys possibly want?

Seriously, if the next comic Xykon showed up and captured Nale's soul in a soul gem, and then the next panel the gem gets unmade by the snarl, some of you would still insist that he could be coming back.

Zmeoaice
2013-08-27, 02:29 PM
We don't really know if the snarl unmakes things. The world in the rift leaves a lot of possibilities.

Although I don't think he'll get resurrected, we'll probably see him in Hell. What was the quote the Giant said?

Geordnet
2013-08-27, 04:10 PM
The Giant has explicitly said that Nale is never coming back. What more could you guys possibly want?
Wait, where was this?!? :smalleek:

Seriously, if the next comic Xykon showed up and captured Nale's soul in a soul gem, and then the next panel the gem gets unmade by the snarl, some of you would still insist that he could be coming back.
And this is remotely like thinking he might come back because of not seeing some forum post which hasn't even been linked in the Index (probably buried in the reaction thread) exactly how? :smallconfused:

Olinser
2013-08-27, 08:51 PM

Where has he stated that? I have seen no such post stating 'Nale is not coming back.'