PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Edition rules help.

timenight113
2013-08-26, 05:45 PM
I have been trying to find if there are any rules for ships attacking players. In more exact missiles hitting player character not in ships. Damage on it seems fine on ships but on a player they would die in one hit. I am wondering how combat works in this sense because my DM is using Baslick War droids to attack players and as a Jedi deflecting them won't work because they blow up on impact.

timenight113
2013-08-27, 07:52 PM
anyone have any suggestions?

DisasterArea42
2013-08-27, 08:46 PM
Try here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267237). This isn't really the right subforum for Star Wars Saga Edition.

KillianHawkeye
2013-08-27, 08:48 PM
You think it doesn't make sense for somebody to die if they get directly hit by a missile? Okaaaay.... :smallconfused:

Starmage21
2013-08-27, 09:12 PM
To put it simply, there is only that huge to-hit modifier for shooting things at different scales. It pretty much means that characters will never get hit by starship grade weaponry, and if they do, they die.

Immabozo
2013-08-27, 09:42 PM
To put it simply, there is only that huge to-hit modifier for shooting things at different scales. It pretty much means that characters will never get hit by starship grade weaponry, and if they do, they die.

I have never seen this rule, but I do not pretend to be an expert and I am in total agreement with it.

Usually, ships that need to hit individuals, have anti-personnel weaponry.

timenight113
2013-08-28, 11:44 AM
Try here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267237). This isn't really the right subforum for Star Wars Saga Edition.

Oh I thought this was for any d20 based game here.
where is this rule about a target not being huge enough. My GM has been using that the missile would do a area effect of the same damage with no minues. At least then I'd take half the 10d10x10 or what ever the light missiles the Baslick War droids do but. Even then 10d10x5 is still way more than a characters hp. If it was a targeted attack at -10 that seems balanced but an area attack of that much seems broken.

DisasterArea42
2013-08-28, 12:07 PM
Oh I thought this was for any d20 based game here.

The Older D&D and Other Systems almost constantly has some kind of Saga Edition thread on page 1. It just seems that if you wanted to get answers faster, it would make sense to put it where people typically talk about Saga.

Talya
2013-08-28, 03:30 PM
The Older D&D and Other Systems almost constantly has some kind of Saga Edition thread on page 1. It just seems that if you wanted to get answers faster, it would make sense to put it where people typically talk about Saga.

I would suggest Saga discussions are misplaced. Saga Edition has almost as much in common with d20 rules as Pathfinder does.

Mando Knight
2013-08-28, 03:34 PM
I would suggest Saga discussions are misplaced. Saga Edition has almost as much in common with d20 rules as Pathfinder does.

At the same time, it would get completely lost in the stream of 3.5/PF threads that come and go if it was in the 3rd-and-derivatives subsection.