PDA

View Full Version : Another Druid/Wizard thread.

Valluman
2013-08-26, 06:16 PM
G'day everyone! I am curious, as I cannot find many good suggestions, as to what to do with an Arcane Hieorphant after he has reached level 16. With AH maxed out, is the only good option left Mystic Theurge (Patherfinder version) in order to advance casting ability? I know the Lyrist is an option if I am to dip into prestige bard, but that creates an unevenness in the casting levels of the two classes, and I am not sure the sage-type character I have would even fit as a bard type.

I'm just looking for thoughts and suggestions for a direction, not "this is the most optimized" or exact levels/feats here, just a... flavor feel while keeping spell casting on even footing(ish).

Galvin
2013-08-26, 06:21 PM
Mystic Thuerge is the only option I can think of if you want to advance both the wizard and the druid casting. If you wanted to go farther ahead in only one class, you could pick up some prestige class level that advance either wizard or druid. In this case, I would pick wizard.

Matticussama
2013-08-26, 06:24 PM
If your DM is open to some light homebrewing you can always create an extended Arcane Hierophant progression. You can use the existing class features to set up a scale of how to create new ones, along with features from classes like Archmage. I've done that for players in my game in order to keep progressing class features that were relevant to their character, when other classes wouldn't suffice.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-26, 06:27 PM
You pretty much have two options:

Continue advancing your casting with Mystic Theurge
Advance one or the other side with more Druid levels/Wizard PrCs

Fochlucan Lyrist isn't a great option for a whole bunch of reasons-- not just would it require a bard/prestige bard dip, it's got crazy skill requirements, and for reasons unknown, requires evasion, which means you need to either take another 2-level dip, or burn two feats on soulmelds.