PDA

View Full Version : How to equip a Sorcerer in Pathfinder

Andukal
2013-08-26, 07:08 PM
I'm making a Level 12 Fey Bloodline Sorcerer in pathfinder, and I have no clue how to equip him.

Any ideas?

Yukitsu
2013-08-26, 07:10 PM
+ charisma item, + save item is pretty much all you really need. Everything else is tailored to what sort of sorcerer you're making and what sort of spells you're casting, be it metamagic rods, rings, pearls of power, or other similar items.

Dr. Yes
2013-08-26, 07:30 PM
Look into pages of spell knowledge if you find yourself running short on spells known; it's a relatively inexpensive way to completely negate the class's greatest weakness. A lesser rod of quicken is always useful, though expensive. Obviously, you will want your Cha as high as possible. Beyond all that you'll want a ring of protection, amulet of natural armor, cloak of resistance, and probably a lightly enchanted (+1 or +2) mithral light shield. If you have the leftover change (which you should, having access to Craft Wondrous Items), consider belting Dex or Con.

Incidentally, if you're going with the Fey bloodline I'd recommend looking into Wildblooded for Sylvan. An animal companion is a good thing to have.

Raven777
2013-08-26, 08:39 PM
Get a Mnemonic Vestment (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/vestment-mnemonic) ASAP, then load up on situationally useful scrolls (knock, tongues, endure elements, etc). The robe allows you to use a scroll without expanding it, and cast the spell on it at your own caster level.

"If the wearer is a spontaneous caster, once per day she may use a spell slot to cast a spell from a written source as if she knew that spell."

Psyren
2013-08-26, 11:55 PM
Belt of Physical Might (Con/Dex) is a good choice too, as is a staff of some kind.