PDA

View Full Version : Sabine's class

Aasimar
2013-08-26, 07:38 PM
Do we have any information to determine which class levels (if any) she has?

Rogue would make sense as Hailey's opposite, but I'm not seeing a lot of evidence for that.

Any thoughts? Even with her Succubus LA and Racial hit die, she probably has some levels.

Knight.Anon
2013-08-26, 07:43 PM
She either has no class or very very little :smallsmile: But we have to take Roy's word that her piercings are very nice.

Tock Zipporah
2013-08-26, 07:50 PM
She's a rogue. She was searching for traps in the pyramid. Only rogues get trapfinding.

NerdyKris
2013-08-26, 07:50 PM
She was pretending to be a rogue originally. She also appeared to sneak attack that guard to break Nale and Thog out of prison the first time. Combined with her shape shifting, I'm thinking a Rogue focusing on attacks would suit her abilities the best.

ericgrau
2013-08-26, 07:54 PM
It's probably something simple like most others. If someone is in a prestige class it tends to be uncommon and character defining in the Ootsverse. Or some other good reason.

And outsider HD are pretty good. It wouldn't be terrible to grab 6 more of those. With that plus NPC bonuses (stats and gear) that might be all she has.

If she does has a class it's probably something cha based because she uses her cha based succubus abilities so often. And we never see her cast or rage or anything like that.

I think the plausible options leftover are fighter, ranger, rogue or blackguard. Blackguard gives sneak attack, cha to saves, and nice fluff, so it's a great fit. But she doesn't seem to have much fluff showing.

EDIT:

She's a rogue. She was searching for traps in the pyramid. Only rogues get trapfinding.
Nice catch.

Demolator
2013-08-26, 07:57 PM
I would say that considering she's a succubus, she has absolutely no class at all. I may be judging a bit unfairly, though.

Gift Jeraff
2013-08-26, 07:59 PM
She was also called a rogue in War and XPs' cast page.

Pokonic
2013-08-26, 08:02 PM
Yeah, just by going with what she's displayed, she's a rouge, and a moderately effective one at the very least.

Kish
2013-08-26, 08:25 PM
She's a succubus rogue.

She is not a cosmetic applied to the cheeks, and neither, despite what she wrote on her application, is Haley.

SavageWombat
2013-08-26, 08:32 PM
Interesting that she's never used Sneak Attack as far as I recall.

Infinite
2013-08-26, 08:41 PM
She did once use evasion, in Tarquins palace.

Antipode
2013-08-26, 08:57 PM
Like what others have said - Sabine's Evaded in Bleedingham (along with Nale, which proved he was at least a 2nd level Rogue), been a better Trapfinder than Nale in Girard's Pyramid (which showed she was likely a higher level Rogue than Nale and had a better Search/Disable Device skill in spite of Nale's almost undoubtedly higher Intelligence modifier), and seemed to Sneak Attack a guard once to free Nale and Thog from prison after Celia chucked them there post-Dorukan's Dungeon. It's pretty unlikely that she's a very high level one, though, considering succubus racial HD; I don't think we've seen her use any Special Abilities yet (though whether she would've had the opportunity is arguable) and her Uncanny Dodge's never been sufficient to protect her from Haley.

Newwby
2013-08-26, 09:03 PM
Going back to the earliest comics she's probably a Rogue due to the 'evil opposites' theme of the original/earlier-iterations-of Linear Guild. Nale never once attempted to recruit anyone else as an opposite for Haley.

Esprit15
2013-08-27, 11:37 AM
And we never see her cast or rage or anything like that.

Well, aside from the most recent comic. :smallwink:

Chronos
2013-08-27, 03:31 PM
been a better Trapfinder than Nale in Girard's Pyramid (which showed she was likely a higher level Rogue than Nale and had a better Search/Disable Device skill in spite of Nale's almost undoubtedly higher Intelligence modifier)
Levels in the rogue class itself don't make much difference to trapfinding, past the first level where you get the ability. From that point on, it's purely a matter of how many ranks (and other bonuses) you have in Search and Disable Device.

ericgrau
2013-08-30, 11:25 AM
Ya if she's not a single classed rogue she could be something else with search. I think that would leave ranger for the reasons I stated above. And track, skills and the minor abilities wouldn't be bad for her. The two huge things ranger is missing for her are disguise and bluff. So that may nix ranger or she might bite the bullet and blow double skill points on both to keep them maxed.

Roland Itiative
2013-08-30, 12:21 PM
She's a succubus rogue.

She is not a cosmetic applied to the cheeks, and neither, despite what she wrote on her application, is Haley.

She does seem to prefer wearing rouge clothes, though :smalltongue:

LadyEowyn
2013-08-30, 03:04 PM
She's stated to be a rogue in the "Wanted" post for Nale in Comic #715 (that's also where we first found out that she was a demon):

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0715.html