PDA

View Full Version : Kobold Mount

Qc Storm
2013-08-26, 07:49 PM
Long story short. I am a Dragonwrought Kobold with 4 STR. My DM joked that I could barely lift my own ass off the ground. I replied that I did not need to, because there were others to do it for me.

So right now I want to have 4 kobolds carry me constantly, as if a mount. Volunteers shouldn't be hard to find since Dragonwrought are basically gods to kobolds anyway. Replacing said volunteers after every fireball may be problematic, but is not the subject at hand.

Assuming 4 kobolds holding a throne are considered a medium mount, what kind of stats would it have?

Auramis
2013-08-26, 08:21 PM
The same stats for 4 normal kobalds and their apparently muscleless god.

Galvin
2013-08-26, 09:01 PM
You would have to determine the hit points of the throne chair, and then the kobolds would have standard kobold stats. Use the per inch of hardness listing in the Dungeon Master's Guide.

Fireball Problem:

1. Give your kobolds Fire Protection Spells/Items

2. Mayhaps you could put slabs of metal that they can pull down from the bottom of the throne as sort of a blast shield.

3. If you were optimized, you wouldn't have fireball. :smalltongue:

I think all in all, a Dire Weasel would serve you better.

Qc Storm
2013-08-26, 09:09 PM
You would have to determine the hit points of the throne chair, and then the kobolds would have standard kobold stats. Use the per inch of hardness listing in the Dungeon Master's Guide.

Fireball Problem:

1. Give your kobolds Fire Protection Spells/Items

2. Mayhaps you could put slabs of metal that they can pull down from the bottom of the throne as sort of a blast shield.

3. If you were optimized, you wouldn't have fireball. :smalltongue:

I think all in all, a Dire Weasel would serve you better.

I'm not talking about MY fireballs mind you. If my kobold slaves are 2 inches below me, aiming fireballs anywhere near there could give me a tan.

This kobold is selfish, vain and evil. Riding a mount requires a lot of effort and is not suited for one of his rank. Ordering those of lesser rank around is better. Also less effort.

This sorcerer is not exactly optimized, but I'll be focusing on lightning spells and entering Stormcaster. (Any advice related to that is also welcome).

Invader
2013-08-26, 09:11 PM
Alternatively you could use the mob rules (from phb2 iirc) and have a mob of 20 kobolds that act as a single creature carry you around body surfing style.

Auramis
2013-08-26, 09:44 PM
20 kobolds and his DM may want to have him invest in the leadership feat. He should be fine compelling 4 followers to play the part of throne guys.

Also, can I say that I just have this image in my head of a skeletal looking black dragonwrought kobold laughing maniacally as he's shooting lightning at infidels? xD

Invader
2013-08-27, 05:55 AM
20 kobolds and his DM may want to have him invest in the leadership feat. He should be fine compelling 4 followers to play the part of throne guys.

Also, can I say that I just have this image in my head of a skeletal looking black dragonwrought kobold laughing maniacally as he's shooting lightning at infidels? xD

But it's not 20 individual kobold, it's considered one creature.

Auramis
2013-08-27, 07:37 AM
But it's not 20 individual kobold, it's considered one creature.

If we go by that mentality, then the leadership feat could produce armies upon armies of people. Considering 20+ a mob sounds like it's more for the sake of the Dungeon Master organizing large riots or situations where a war is breaking out, not something to apply to potential party members/followers.