PDA

View Full Version : Any Dread necromancer or BoneKnight conversions to [PF]

Bacchus
2013-08-26, 08:30 PM
Just looking for conversions of those classes to Pathfinder.

Any experiences or are they just a little too different in system mechanics to be easily workable

JungleChicken
2013-08-27, 01:25 AM
Here is a link to a Bone Knight archetype to the cavalier. It loses some flaver and I haven't played it but it's a start
http://pf-eberron.wikidot.com/archetypes:cavalier-bone-knight

also something for a Dread Necro...again no experience

http://www.pathfinderdb.com/character-options/classes/full-class-list/1430-dread-necromancer

CyberThread
2013-08-27, 01:34 AM
pathfinder is not all that different from 3.5 that they would be any way incompatible, you would just need to redo the skill requirements.

PF sort of suffers from a powercurve problem, for a dread, increase spells known, and amp up charnel touch to increase damage as 1d8 per 4 levels, to be more reasonable.

Bone knight is sort of nice on its own, but if you want to encourage going pure paladin rather then cleric for it, have those entry requirements be easier for them, for skill points. Also grant the paladin an expanded spell list, that deal with undead, in a more favorable way.

JungleChicken
2013-08-27, 01:39 AM
pathfinder is not all that different from 3.5 that they would be any way incompatible, you would just need to redo the skill requirements.

PF sort of suffers from a powercurve problem, for a dread, increase spells known, and amp up charnel touch to increase damage as 1d8 per 4 levels, to be more reasonable.

Bone knight is sort of nice on its own, but if you want to encourage going pure paladin rather then cleric for it, have those entry requirements be easier for them, for skill points. Also grant the paladin an expanded spell list, that deal with undead, in a more favorable way.

I agree with you. I was able to try out a low level DN before and loved it..although he met a quick demise. He was replaced with a Bone Knight but that group fell apart quickly. The DM loved the Eberron/five nations world and I do too.

I have a different group with a novice DM that I have thought about asking but decided to go Oracle..I even have a thread somewhere down the list.
I haven't played Pathfinder yet but I agree with the PF having a bigger power curve and that Charnel touch needs to be upped a bit.

Not sure what to do with Bone Knight though. I was a Paladin conversion and think that the flavor of the class fits best that way...although people say cleric is the more powerful choice

Psyren
2013-08-27, 08:40 AM
You may want to take a gander through the PF necromancy spells and add some to their list for free, without needing Advanced Learning. For instance, I would probably give them Lesser Animate Dead as a 1st-level spell.

And for Wee Jas' sake, give them Desecrate while you're at it!

Snowbluff
2013-08-27, 10:53 AM
And for Wee Jas' sake, give them Desecrate while you're at it!

Wow, they don't get it?

It doesn't matter that much. It's spell for mass undead...ening. I would take it as a wand or scroll if I couldn't get the DM to add it.

They should also get the cleric progression of undead spells.

JungleChicken
2013-08-27, 03:45 PM
It does seem as though the spell list is lacking for pathfinder. Perhaps add channeling and then command undead feat, scale up the charnel touch and bring back the familiar.

As far as Bone Knight I'm not sure how to tweak that

Bacchus
2013-08-28, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the input so far.

Wish there were some actual good conversions. Maybe I'll try to make one and get it approved