PDA

View Full Version : I Dream of OOTS

GoGoHalfElfRanger
2006-12-19, 11:51 AM
Last night I had a dream. And in this dream I was Elan:elan: . It was quite unusual. I tried to save Belkar from being prosecuted by a king (who happened to be Bugs Bunny) by swinging across the hall and carrying him away. I botched it but then later King Bugs allowed me to visit Belkar:belkar: . I ended up knocking out the guard and me and Belkar escaped through a conveniently open window, then snuck to the nearby inn where we laid low.

Anybody else ever dream about OOTS?

mockingbyrd7
2006-12-19, 12:23 PM
Uh...
I've dreamed about OOTS and I've had dreams with semi-OOTS-like artwork but never anything that vivid.

GSFB
2006-12-19, 01:16 PM
No, but I once dreamt I was standing on top of a giant golden pyramid wearing sun god robes while thousands of beautiful women screamed and through little pickles at me...

Wiione
2006-12-19, 01:16 PM
I had a dream where Elan revealed that he was a scientist with an Int of 18 and he was doing a study on how people react to idiots.

GSFB
2006-12-19, 01:50 PM
Something like that happened in real life with me. I was working for a high-tech company in a cubicle world (Office Space wasn't fiction). We had a mail clerk who got minimum wage just going from cubicle to cubicle, doing nothing but delivering and picking up mail. He had a Ph.D. in psychology and was working on a second Ph.D. in sociology. Now I can't remember his name to see if he has published anything about cubicle culture...

Vargtass
2006-12-19, 04:09 PM
No, but I once dreamt I was standing on top of a giant golden pyramid wearing sun god robes while thousands of beautiful women screamed and through little pickles at me...

You should write the screenplay for the next Axe commercial...

Wolfie_1066
2006-12-19, 04:21 PM
For some reason i barely remember any of my dreams so i cant say exactly but now that you think about it there was one time i had a dream i was Belker and i went up to V and i dont remember the details but i remember wakeing up in a puddle of puke :smalleek: nuff said

Alysar
2006-12-19, 04:31 PM

I thought I was the only one who had that dream.

You should write the screenplay for the next Axe commercial...

Go watch the movie "Real Genius (http://imdb.com/title/tt0089886/)"

Bluesilver
2006-12-19, 06:12 PM
I had a dream where Elan revealed that he was a scientist with an Int of 18 and he was doing a study on how people react to idiots.
That's funny. I haven't had any OotS related dreams. Yet.

GSFB
2006-12-19, 07:05 PM
Hooray! Someone else here is old enough to remember that one!

fire_hawk
2006-12-20, 05:09 AM
I dream of world domination.

Amon Star
2006-12-20, 06:22 AM
I dreamed about OotS once, at least that I can remember. I would love to dream about it more often.

Alysar
2006-12-20, 11:37 AM
I would like to be able to remember any of my dreams. I close my eyes, and the next thing I know, it's morning.

:frown:

1337_master
2006-12-20, 03:25 PM
I once had a Dream involving My flying above the sun with ultimate power, But I wasn't being hurt by the sun, And I was Killing people That I hated after Destroying Planets, and you were there, and you were there, and you were there.

Blood
2006-12-20, 03:48 PM
I've definitely dreamed about OotS, though I don't remember any of them.

Oh, I remember one: I woke up (in the dream), rushed to my computer and checked the comic, but it was late. :smallmad:

Wolfie_1066
2006-12-20, 11:05 PM
I would like to be able to remember any of my dreams. I close my eyes, and the next thing I know, it's morning.

:frown:

join the club...*sniffle*

Platinum_Mongoose
2006-12-20, 11:21 PM
I had this dream a couple weeks ago where the OotS and I were undercover in a thieves' guild of some kind or something. Malcolm Reynolds was there, too, but that's to be expected since something from Firefly shows up in most of my dreams. Like this one where the crew of Serenity and I had to fight our way through Mos Eisley using Covenant weapons from Halo to get to Hogwarts and save it from a massive tidal wave. That was awesome.

...Holy crap I'm a nerd.

War
2006-12-21, 12:53 AM
I think it came up in a dream for me too recently. Something about a weak, temporary form of lycanthropy afflicting everyone, if I remember right. But OotS was only one of the dreamworld-version webcomics I read that night.

I've just been working lately, and bored, and consequently reading an awful lot of comics.

knownaspirate
2006-12-21, 01:00 AM
Haven't had a OOTS dream yet.
But! when i'd play D&D and we have huge 8-10 hour long sessions I'd have super good dreams about my charcter/party.
Kinda odd, concidering I played a dwarven barbarian... male :D

good times. gooooddd times.

Amon Star
2006-12-21, 06:04 AM
I had this dream a couple weeks ago where the OotS and I were undercover in a thieves' guild of some kind or something. Malcolm Reynolds was there, too, but that's to be expected since something from Firefly shows up in most of my dreams. Like this one where the crew of Serenity and I had to fight our way through Mos Eisley using Covenant weapons from Halo to get to Hogwarts and save it from a massive tidal wave. That was awesome.

...Holy crap I'm a nerd.

I WANT YOUR DREAMS!!! :biggrin:

Saurous
2006-12-21, 12:53 PM
I do remember a dream I had once involving the Order, 8-bit Theater, and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

I was a member of a Thieves Guild (a mix between the one in the Order and Oblivion) and we heard that Haley's father was just arrested. Myself, Thief (from 8-Bit), Elan, and Haley set off to rescue him. We set up this amazing plan to rescue him from the prison and everything, but suddenly a giant flaming gate apeared over the city with Xykon and Garland and Darth Vader(don't ask) appeared and we were ready to battle and then....and then...

I woke up...:smallannoyed:

Enlong
2006-12-21, 01:36 PM
I had a really wierd dream. It was after Elan had swung into the room with Nale. Things got really wierd as Nale showed off some necromantic abilities and raised a horde of undead minions, Guild Wars style. Elan was punning his way through waves of zombies, trying to find Nale. Things were very obscured, and then he found Nale. Nale was looking really wierd, like a zombie in a gentleman's getup. Something strange happened then, I think Zombie-nale said something to demoralize/turn Elan. Then he stabbed Elan in the head, but he didn't bleed or actually get stabbed. a blade pierced his head, and reality popped like a balloon streaching on that point, and then things were back where they were when the stab happened. Elan turned into a zombie... and that's all I remember. THen I remember thinking "glad that didn't actually happen in the comic"

GSFB
2006-12-21, 05:46 PM
I once dreamed I was in a prehistoric web comic featuring proto-stick-figures, and there was this weird guy that kept offering me a platter of cheese slices.

Tass
2006-12-21, 06:26 PM
I kind of remember being Roy in a dream last nigth, on some sort of adventure/mission with Elan. But I forgot to fix it in my mind, so the rest is gone now.

Alysar
2006-12-22, 11:13 AM

...Holy crap I'm a nerd.

Ever see the flash animation "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/285267)"

Hazkali
2006-12-22, 01:17 PM
I once dreamed I was in a prehistoric web comic featuring proto-stick-figures, and there was this weird guy that kept offering me a platter of cheese slices.

:smallbiggrin:

I'm not quite sure if there've been any Buffy references in OotS yet...

I have odd dreams, but none with OotS in them. Aliens, yes; Monsters, yes; being chased by the above, often. Stickmen, unfortunatley, no.

Amon Star
2006-12-22, 03:40 PM
Ever see the flash animation "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/285267)"

I absolutely love that! I've got it bookmarked!

Kesnit
2006-12-27, 08:31 AM
I dreamed last night that I was Thog. Well, I didn't dream I was a stick figure. More like I was playing Thog in live-action RP. I kept making up new "Thog Feats," though I can't remember what any of them were.

Ayya the Fearsome
2006-12-28, 02:58 PM
ayya once had a dream where she killed little pink penguins with a giant kro-kay mallet while singing that suger song from mary poppins.

Sliverghost
2006-12-28, 04:13 PM
well sadly i have never had a dream about oots :smallsigh: but i wrote a paper were these people got put in the comic.....and right in the middle of the first fight with Xykon:smallamused: it was soo funny to me even though i wrote it :smallbiggrin: and one time i had a dream were i was playing a video game, but i never had the dream again :smallsigh: but on the plus side i didnt have to use a controller:smallwink:

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-12-28, 09:12 PM
I once dreamed that Roy, V, and Haley were in a cage, dangling above lava. There were kobolds in the cage, but there were tiny kitty people all around the lava pit threataning the cage. Belkar and Elan's bodies were strewn over the cave, and Durkon was fighting the kitty- people. he was strunk down by a spear, but then his body morphed into the CE dwarven god of lava, and he went around killing all the kitties. Haley finally broke the lock, but almost fell out, and was almost hit by lava-Durkon's hammer. Then Roy jumped out of the cage and 1-shoted Lava Durkon. Then I woke up.

Damn evil kitty-people.

SolkaTruesilver
2006-12-28, 10:24 PM
I once dreamt that I was part of a team of adventurers, and Haley was our thief. She went alone on a scouting mission, and we had to rescue her.

While doing so, we found a super-uper adamantine sword, with golden inscriptions and diamond dust all over it, worth a LOT, and everybody (save Haley) agreed to use it, not sell it.

I knew she was quite angry at the situation, 'cause she needed money, and that sword would have allowed her to free her dad. I, being the only "true" character of the story, had read OotS, and knew she was quite upset, and kept showing her the sword to bother her.

I'm such a cruel man in my dreams...

Setra
2006-12-28, 10:49 PM
I had a dream that Elan switched places with Gilbert (http://www.adventurers-comic.com/d/0025.html), some time later they were begging for Elan back.

Zephra
2006-12-28, 10:49 PM
absolutly! I dreampt the creature in the darkness got loose and was ransacling the village... he looked like this: (when I woke up, I drew it)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k80/Ffidratma/citd.jpg

it was fun!

V Junior
2007-01-20, 02:55 PM
I had a dream where I was Belkar. In it I went up to Miko and said 'I love you Miko' (ewww!!!!) and she smote me but it didnt do extra damage. Then Roy Power Attacked Miko and Thog Doored her. Then Thog got +100000 Intelligence and... Vaarsuvuis kissed me! (ewwwwwwwwwww!!!) Then OOTS, LG and Xykon, Redcloak and MitD went to see a movie, but zombies took over the cinema... and Xykon opened all the gates so Roy killed himself and became a ghost... and I woke up!

r23r5
2007-01-21, 08:49 AM
sometimes but there not very oots like

Haruki-kun
2007-01-21, 06:21 PM
I had a dream where I fought a pingüin for the TV. That's not OOTS, right?

Thomar_of_Uointer
2007-01-21, 06:42 PM
I had an OotS dream once, but it was a rerun of various strips from #1-50.

dragongirl13
2007-02-02, 12:30 AM
I once had a really weird dream in which I traveled through the worlds of stuff I do on the computer, and OOTS was in it. It was cool... I was a whole new OOTS character... I think I was a sorceress or something like that. The OOTS had an encounter with Xykon and right in the middle of it I was teleported to the world of The Sims 2. :smallfrown: I wish I could have stayed in OOTSland for WAY longer.

:smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::s mallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::sma llfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::small frown::smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfr own::smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrow n::smallfrown::smallfrown:

Well, I had another OOTS dream about a week later, so:

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbi ggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::s mallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbigg rin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::sma llbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggri n::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::small biggrin::smallbiggrin:

Planewalker
2007-02-02, 12:47 AM
Not at night, but I usually daydream in my trig class. Thog usually busts down the door and bisects my teacher. I don't like trig.

:thog: Yayy, resisting arrest is fun!:thog:

Silverlocke980
2007-02-02, 12:55 AM
Nope.

That you do so, sir, merely indicates a deeper love of the comic than me! I bow before awesomeness!

:)