PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Tiefling build (Rogue or Gunslinger)

Krazzman
2013-08-27, 10:09 AM
Hello again playground,

since my last thread went more or less ignored I will now try again.

TL;DR:
Level 1 Tiefling Gunslinger(Pistolero) or Rogue build with 1 Trait already locked. 25 Points of Point buy(no Attribute above 18), more trimmed for infiltration, sneaking and being bad ass (as well as surviving).

The more lenghty version:
I would like to plan for an upcoming PF game (will be Carrion Crown) to build a Tiefling. I am still unsure if I should go Gunslinger (or maybe something similar) or Rogue. Unsure more or less what Archetypes and so on.

For going Gunslinger(Pistolero):
I first thought about going Mysterious Stranger and Pisolero as well as Rhakshasa Born. But I now think trading my Darkness SLA for +2 Wis seems more fitting for that build.
The Main Problem I have with the Pistolero would be the first Feat (Probably Rapid Reload) but I am unsure what to do next as the two handbooks for Gunslinger contradict each other quite a bit in some key points and I don't know in what Trait (taking an AP-trait for +2 Initiative) and attributes I should Invest in. Or what other racial traits I should/could switch out to make him feel like Dante from DMC but without Dual wielding.

If I should go Rogue... I have the problem that somehow I don't know what would really fit. Should I focus on Traps? Social stuff?(not really) or Skill Monkeying? I doubt that I should go for Traps and I think going Knifemaster could be cool but don't know how to build a non-twf, non-str based rogue.

I am set with Tiefling but not with what to change for my Darkness SLA.

We will be using 25 pb and even after racial stuff I should not have anything above 18.

I hope you can help me with this dilemma, if you have questions about the character itself I'll try to answer them as soon as possible.

IronFist
2013-08-27, 10:28 AM
There is no such thing as Dante without dual wielding.
It is known!

On a more serious note, more detail about the conflicts between handbooks would surely help us help you.

Krazzman
2013-08-27, 01:31 PM
There is no such thing as Dante without dual wielding.
It is known!

Well Sort of Dante. Not really as in Fiendish Heritage, gun and in case of emergency smacking stuff with his blade... Devil May Cry 1 Dante maybe not the one in the later iterations (meaning Guns is more important but I just want 1 gun and melee is just an emergency solution).

On a more serious note, more detail about the conflicts between handbooks would surely help us help you.

From what I know of the top of my head without actually looking it up:
The Rogue Guide is missing the new content but still being quite good... although not really featuring something I would like (magical Rogue with only one handed fighting) due to missing out on the later archetypes.

The Gunslinger what confused me was the one over at the paizo forums bashing on Mysterious stranger while the one here is saying that it's a good archetype. Then again not being complete doesn't really help that much.