PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Network Power (Metapsionic)

Chained Birds
2013-08-27, 11:56 AM
I'm wondering how good this feat actually is for a Vitalist and/or Tactician?

Like what powers can be really good to have [Network] on it that a Vitalist might spend a feat (Expanded Knowledge) to gain?

I wonder because I'm building a Level 8 Vitalist (Sadist/Life Leech) and feel that there is something really cool I can negatively Network onto an enemy or positively Network onto an ally, but I just don't know.

Any thoughts?

Side Note: Did check Psyren's stuff, but it is a bit incomplete at the moment.

Psyren
2013-08-27, 01:14 PM
Yeah I kind of got sucked into the Soulknife/Occultist and the Vitalist got backburner'd.

Anyway, the most obvious uses that leap out to me are self-only buffs you'd like to share. Things like Metamorphosis, Expansion, Psionic Lion's Charge etc.

Chained Birds
2013-08-27, 02:29 PM
Yeah I kind of got sucked into the Soulknife/Occultist and the Vitalist got backburner'd.

Anyway, the most obvious uses that leap out to me are self-only buffs you'd like to share. Things like Metamorphosis, Expansion, Psionic Lion's Charge etc.

Expansion is already covered, which is odd because it is not actually on the Vitalist's list... It's like they are telling me to waste a feat on it or something...

Any Offensive ones to use with Unwilling Participant?

The best I can think of is that Endorphine Surge on an enemy caster, but that would be 2 Will saves which a Caster (Especially Wisdom based) should pass (DC 21 currently).

Psyren
2013-08-27, 02:56 PM
Expansion is already covered, which is odd because it is not actually on the Vitalist's list... It's like they are telling me to waste a feat on it or something...

I wouldn't call it a "waste" really, though I'd be more likely to get Compression on a Vitalist and Expansion on a Tactician myself.

Other Personal powers that would be nice to share are the Precognition line, Personal Mind Blank Barred Mind (acquired at a steep discount from the Psywar list), Fortify, True Inevitable Strike, Ethereal Jaunt Form, Energy Adaptation, Adapt Body, Moment of Prescience Cosmic Awareness...

Any Offensive ones to use with Unwilling Participant?

Offensive personal powers? Seems a bit of a paradox :smalltongue: (Endorphin Surge aside, anyway.)

I suppose you could always share metamorphosis/expansion and make them as big as a barn for your archers. I'd have to dig a bit to see if there's any more really. Fold Space/Psychoport are good ones for kidnapping, or you could Network them for group tactical repositioning.

Unwilling Participant is more of a setup for things like Share Pain or Psychoport. I always saw it as more of a BBEG tactic than something a player would really be interested in. If you can get them to fail two will saves after all, just kill or enslave them.

Chained Birds
2013-08-27, 04:45 PM
Share Pain seems like the best one you get for free (as in no Feats required). But then Network Power it is not needed to do it.

Oh well, thanks for the info.

Oh, and maybe you could go back and finish that guide up a bit or something in your free time? Seems like you already did most of the hard stuff. :smallwink: