PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Cleric to Sacred Fist?

Sziget Pengék
2013-08-27, 08:49 PM
I'm trying to become a Cleric who doesn't use weapons, and is Neutral. I want to take the full progression of sacred fist, but in order to do so I need Stunning fist which with the Cleric BAB i cant get until level 11(12 for the next feat) meaning i miss out on two levels of Sacred Fist by the end. I would like to take a level of monk for the feat but due to the Alignment restriction on monk, I cant. Any ideas on how to get around the alignment req or stunning fist req?

Skip the ask your DM answers, that is obvious, I'm trying to do it within existing rules.

Lucid
2013-08-27, 09:01 PM
Ex-Monks
A monk who becomes nonlawful cannot gain new levels as a monk but retains all monk abilities.

Just start with a level of monk and then change your alignment.

Sziget Pengék
2013-08-27, 09:09 PM
Just start with a level of monk and then change your alignment.

I wanted to RP something different, but it gives me a good character background this way, forsaking the ways of his order to pursue balance in the world due to witnessing some atrocity related to following their monastic code of conduct.

That aside, any other ideas?

prufock
2013-08-27, 09:41 PM
I think you're going to have to be flexible on the spellcasting progression. Cleric 4/Crusader 1 can get you into Ruby Knight Vindicator at 6th-9th, taking Stunning Fist as your 9th level feat. You lose 2 levels of spellcasting, but you still get 9ths by the end, just a couple levels late.

So you could have Cleric 4/Crusader 1/RKV 5/Sacred Fist 10.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2013-08-27, 09:42 PM
There are variant monk classes with different alignment requirements.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/martial-artist

And even then, you could ask your GM to homebrew it. The alignment and multiclass restrictions in the PHB are widely considered to be one of the dumbest changes in 3rd edition. They only put it in because a few playtesters asked about why it was changed from 2e.

Auramis
2013-08-27, 11:04 PM
What about dipping into fighter to get a few points for BAB? Fighters can also select Improved Unarmed and Stunning Fist as their bonus feats, so it's not a hard fit. Gives a nice hit die, too.

prufock
2013-08-28, 11:49 AM
Hospitaler could also work, though you're going to end up dropping more caster levels. Cleric 4/Full BAB class 2 (something with handle animal and ride as class skills is best)/Hospitaler 4/Sacred Fist 10.

holywhippet
2013-08-28, 06:23 PM
What about dipping into fighter to get a few points for BAB? Fighters can also select Improved Unarmed and Stunning Fist as their bonus feats, so it's not a hard fit. Gives a nice hit die, too.

Fighters still need to meet the prerequisites for their bonus feats so you'd need to take a lot of levels to get it.

Sziget Pengék
2013-08-28, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I went with Ex-monk>Cleric with this as a character background:

Msawazo Amani, the son of a fishmonger, was taken into the Monastery of the Sun at age 8 when his father and mother died of an illness. He spent the next ten years training his mind and body in preparation to become a monk, puting to use his skills as a fisherman to help feed the monastery. 3 years after his induction, Msawazo witnessed an atrocity fall upon one of his fellow monks as a direct result to following the Book of Light too closely, and on that day he made his decision to become a Heretic to the followers of Sun and make his leave from the monastery to persue a life of moderation free from the extremes of devotion that result in such madness and, to this end, he sought out The Circle of Profession. He has spent the past 6 years in an apprenticeship to become a Cleric of the Circle, called a 'Professor', a priest not of a deity but rather to the ideal of maintaining moderation in the world so as to keep its inhabitants from destroying themselves in the pursuit of absolutes. It is now in the final weeks of Msawazo's apprenticeship and we find him at the local tavern meditating over his past, and a pint or two, in preparation to assume his new role...

Thanks everyone for your input :].