PDA

View Full Version : Goliath rage and powerful build?

Obskure
2013-08-27, 11:04 PM
Hey guys!

I just have a quick question for you today. I will start playing a lvl 6 Goliath barbarian and I would like to know if I have the correct idea:

My Goliath has a large great sword 3D6, once he enrages and he becomes large his powerful build kicks in and I'm able to wield my Huge great sword at 4D6 dmg?

To put it clearly I want to make sure the sword grows with me once I enrage or do I need to carry a Huge sword with me too? Also do I gain reach due to my large size? Thank you for the information.

Obskure-
The spirit lion totem Goliath barbarian.

claypigeons
2013-08-27, 11:10 PM
Hey guys!

I just have a quick question for you today. I will start playing a lvl 6 Goliath barbarian and I would like to know if I have the correct idea:

My Goliath has a large great sword 3D6, once he enrages and he becomes large his powerful build kicks in and I'm able to wield my Huge great sword at 4D6 dmg?

To put it clearly I want to make sure the sword grows with me once I enrage or do I need to carry a Huge sword with me too? Also do I gain reach due to my large size? Thank you for the information.

Obskure-
The spirit lion totem Goliath barbarian.

I'm away from books, but doesn't Powerful Build specify that you are treated as large? In that case, being large overlaps with being treated as large.

Flickerdart
2013-08-27, 11:11 PM
The goliath's Mountain Rage ACF does not allow him to benefit from a larger weapon than he normally could before raging.

Srasy
2013-08-27, 11:12 PM
You do gain reach but your sword does not increase in size I would advise rereading the passage in the racial substitution levels section of races of stone which explains it pretty well though it does get wierd when you give it to a gnome

Obskure
2013-08-27, 11:19 PM
Thank you guys, I dont have access to the books but I found an old website that has the data. It clearly says my weapon wont grow it will just fit nicely in my hand.

So the benefit becomes Reach -1AC +2STR.
I'm starting to think I should just take the whirlwind rage variation.

Thank you guys.

Flickerdart
2013-08-27, 11:22 PM
You do gain reach but your sword does not increase in size I would advise rereading the passage in the racial substitution levels section of races of stone which explains it pretty well though it does get wierd when you give it to a gnome
Start with Kobold.
Use Races of the Dragon Web Enhancement for Slight Build.
Take 3 levels of Stoneblessed, pick Goliath.
Take 1 level of Barbarian, take Mountain Rage ACF.
Take Titan bloodline.

You are a Small creature who can become Large but be treated as Medium, and wields Gargantuan hammers.

animewatcha
2013-08-27, 11:32 PM
Question on a similar note, but I don't know if entirely addressed. When you become large, do you get the stat changes to str, dex, con, nat armor, etc. that are a part of the changing size category thing normally with half-minotaur. The stuff that is other than what changes were described in the sub-level.

Flickerdart
2013-08-27, 11:39 PM
Question on a similar note, but I don't know if entirely addressed. When you become large, do you get the stat changes to str, dex, con, nat armor, etc. that are a part of the changing size category thing normally with half-minotaur. The stuff that is other than what changes were described in the sub-level.
No. Those stats are usually only gained as a function of advancing monsters by HD until they gain a size category. Half-Minotaur is just very unfortunately worded.