PDA

View Full Version : Animal Weaponry

Ruethgar
2013-08-28, 05:05 AM
I am playing a Tibbit who doesn't leave cat form and was wondering if there were any exotic or martial weapons(for Kensai Fighter) I would be able to use. I recall a manufactured item that could augment a bite, but I can't find it. If nothing else, Mongoose publishing has a few items that would work from the Quintessential Kobold.

SolioFebalas
2013-08-28, 05:29 AM
Lords of Madness have a Mouthhold weapons for beholders, why not make same for tibbit (in fact any one-handed melee manufactured weapon you want), but it's still be a tiny weapon (and -8str penalty still here).

Ruethgar
2013-08-28, 05:57 AM
He's going to be focused on precision damage on some level(thinking skirmish and pounce or something along those lines) so number of attacks matters more. Kensai fighter would get me 3 extra attacks if I can find a weapon for it; martial chaos monk is 1d4-1 more attacks if I take unorthodox flurry to allow the kensai weapon and 2 fighter feats; whirling frenzy spirit lion totem barbarian for 1 more attack and pounce.

If I take kensai fighter 1 and then martial chaos monk 1 would I be able to/be required to pick from the kensai list for my monk feats since kensai replaces the fighter bonus feats?

Edit: Checking on LoM, thx for the lead.

Mouthpick looks like a good choice except for that part about all mouthpick weapons being Large. Does it mean Large as in an ogre would normally wield it or large as in a 2-handed weapon?

SolioFebalas
2013-08-28, 07:35 AM
Checked: It can be any melee weapon one or two handed. Large because Article written for beholders that are large. Use standart size progression for weapon and make it tiny.

In an extreme case when RAW is the "LAW", if the standard arguments do not help you can always apply SIZING (MIC) enchantment. (It's expensive [5000] but not required enchantment bonus).

Ruethgar
2013-08-28, 07:47 AM
lol, or I could do the dastardly thing and take that one class that lets be be treated as a stone race then Goliath barbarian rage in cat form for large size. Fear the almighty kitten!

Dusk Eclipse
2013-08-28, 07:48 AM
I am playing a Tibbit who doesn't leave cat form and was wondering if there were any exotic or martial weapons(for Kensai Fighter) I would be able to use. I recall a manufactured item that could augment a bite, but I can't find it. If nothing else, Mongoose publishing has a few items that would work from the Quintessential Kobold.

I think that is an item from the Draconomicon, but it was magical IIRC and somewhat expensive.

SolioFebalas
2013-08-28, 07:56 AM
If I take kensai fighter 1 and then martial chaos monk 1 would I be able to/be required to pick from the kensai list for my monk feats since kensai replaces the fighter bonus feats?

Chaos monk get bonus feats at 1st, 2nd and 6th levels as normal monk, so i think he get the same feats as normal monk (poor monk's bonus feat list). So it wouldn't stack with kensai bonus feat list.

lol, or I could do the dastardly thing and take that one class that lets be be treated as a stone race then Goliath barbarian rage in cat form for large size. Fear the almighty kitten!

3 levels of Stoneblessed from Races of Stone i suppose.

Darrin
2013-08-28, 08:03 AM

I'm not sure that would work by RAW. I don't have the text in front of me, but I don't think Martial Monk makes allowances for Fighter bonus feats from variant fighters.

However... if your DM is already allowing Kensai Fighter, and allowing Chaos Monk to be combined with Martial Monk, then I'm not really sure why he'd draw the line there for being a stickler to RAW. What feat is on the Kensai bonus list that you can't get on the Fighter bonus list?

Have you looked at Magic of Incarnum yet? Totemist Tibbit could add a few more natural attacks, fire damage, pounce, then maybe Thunderstep Boots for sonic damage + save vs. stun. Or if Dragon Magazine is available, Warlock + Eldritch Claw.

Also: Necklace of Natural Weapons/Attacks. Add Torturous (+1 enhancement, Ghostwalk) for Fort save DC 12 vs. 1 round of stun, then maybe Enfeebling (+1 enhancement, Book of Exalted Deeds) for 1d6+2 Str damage on crits.

Ruethgar
2013-08-28, 08:06 AM
The martial monk ACF plus the chaos monk ACF since they do not conflict could be taken simultaneously, hence my saying martial chaos monk instead of just chaos monk.

Martial monk lets you pick from the fighter list of bonus feats and I think removes your knowledge skills in exchange.

Yes, stoneblessed is what I was thinking, and the more I think about it the more awesome it sounds, from tiny to large would just be cool.

Edit: I was looking at the fluury-ish kensai feats. Taking 1 kensai level then 2 monk would free up more levels compared to 4 kensai and 1 monk to get the feats.

I've made a slew of character that use incarnum already and was wanting to take a bit of a break from it in my characters.

SolioFebalas
2013-08-28, 08:18 AM
I think Chaos Monk not ACF but a variant class.

Yes, stoneblessed is what I was thinking, and the more I think about it the more awesome it sounds, from tiny to large would just be cool.

:smallsmile: Don't know how your DM but my would say that it's abuse of poor worded ability. Mean's that medium goliath increased by one size category. If your accept this, you are lucky.

Greenish
2013-08-28, 08:25 AM
:smallsmile: Don't know how your DM but my would say that it's abuse of poor worded ability.Maybe so, but the idea of all sorts of small (or smaller) critters suddenly becoming Large when enraged is quite amusing, and besides, for investing four levels to be able to do it 1/day for a limited time is hardly anything broken.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-08-28, 08:26 AM
:smalltongue:Is there any (Goliath) Stoneblessed who doesn't take Extra Rage ASAP?

Greenish
2013-08-28, 08:27 AM
:smalltongue:Is there any (Goliath) Stoneblessed who doesn't take Extra Rage ASAP?Pff, details, details.

Ruethgar
2013-08-28, 08:30 AM
Though I suppose if I wanted to go truly comical, I could do a hengeyokai sparrow and go from fine to large.

Edit: If only there were a hengeyokai chicken, grab chicken infested and be that one chicken from Legend of Zelda lol.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-08-28, 08:31 AM
Nah, when in doubt always go Catzilla.