PDA

View Full Version : World of Adernu IC

qwertyu63
2013-08-28, 12:14 PM
This is the IC thread for World of Adernu.

You are all in the small village of Serin, in the kingdom of Asaro. It is noon in the middle of fall.

PersonMan
2013-08-28, 02:11 PM
Saria's day has been good so far. She woke up with a splitting headache brought on by last night's drinking, hadn't ended up having to sleep alone and even remembered just about everything that happened the night before. Of course, the first was quickly dealt with by her morning tea (the man, a strapping young shoemaker's apprentice, had shown her a good enough time that she gave him a mug as well, to ease his headache). After she was sure that she would no longer have need of additional clean ups, Saria reaches to her 'carouser's best friend' to clean herself and her paramour. Bidding him a fond farewell - he had to report to his master, otherwise he would have stayed longer - Saria lazed around in her room for a while longer, enjoying the afterglow of a long night and the freedom of a new morning. Living the way she wanted, no one to report to in the morning, no one to tell her when to be at home in the evening...was there anything better? Of course not.

By noon, Saria has left her large room to find further entertainment for the day and goes down into the tavern to eat. Her stomach was fine - what she felt wasn't really hunger, but a desire to eat. A craving for the pleasure of good food, hedonistic desire. Before leaving her room, she dresses carefully, taking time to make sure everything is sitting perfectly before going down. The corset, of course made by a master tailor, is one she's spent enough time practicing with to easily tighten and tie herself. Tight pants, adorned with fine strips of fabric bearing tiny pieces of metal that glimmer as she walk, hug Saria's legs, displaying the exact curves beneath while keeping everything to her ankle covered. Her blouse isn't as tight, left open enough to advertise what's beneath it while only allowing a slight glimpse at her cleavage. Finally, she sweeps her hair, black as the darkest of shadows, behind her ears and inserts her contacts.

In the tavern's main room, Saria makes a preliminary scan of the other customers, noting a face here, an arm there, for that evening. First and foremost, however, is the acquisition of a meal. Seating herself, not bothering to check if there's anyone else sitting there or not, she motions to the barkeep or nearest serving girl, hiding her hunger for now. She had to appear
patient. Later on I need to find something to do, Saria thinks. All this lazing around is nice and all, but this place is pretty boring before sundown. Better find a nice job before I go stir crazy and forget how to sneak.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-08-28, 03:57 PM
A female half dragon woke up near noon in of of the rooms in the tavern. She slept alone that night, which was rare for a cleric of her focus. She picked up two holy symbols, one of Sjofn and another to Odin. She was a cleric to both gods and served them equally. She prayed to them both in celestial. "[Odin give me and any of my allies great strength and guide our hands if we cross blades. Sjofn, help me bring pleasure to at least one person today. Amen.]" She got and donned her armor and reached for a ultra greatsword. After equipping her gear she went out to the tavern and sat down at a table waiting for a meal. She noticed the shadow skulk sitting near her and kept an eye open.

asdflove
2013-08-28, 05:03 PM
Kaillian Loreheart, the hood on her cloak drawn up, carrying several books in her arms and with her head ducked towards the floor, she walks into the tavern, simply wanting to get a room for tonight, before she moved on the a bigger town. Looking up her eyes weep the room, and she sniffs distastefully.
Honestly, I know this place is small, but could they not bother to make the inn separate from the tavern? She sighs, resigned, and sits down quietly at the bar.

greenpotato
2013-08-28, 06:44 PM
A short grey elf woman is sitting at the bar chatting and laughing with the other patrons. Long sleeves, gloves and long pants coupled with a high collar leave only the skin of her face exposed, nevertheless the edge of some geometric tattoo can be seen poking out the top of her collar. She carries an elegant rapier and a scrollcase.

Medic!
2013-08-28, 08:32 PM
Pinky and the Brain

Brain's day was going about as it had for the last four years. He sat, collecting dust on a shelf in a tavern named "The Pickled Brain." He chose it purposefully, enjoying the gratification obviously directed at him. As another patron slides a tip for the barkeep in through the slot in the top of his canister he "watches" the coin float and flip through the bluish fluid surrounding him and *tink* into the pile at the bottom of the jar.

Being a mascot wasn't all bad, he got to keep the tips at least, since the fool barkeep was too squeamish to retrieve the money. The regular patrons knew this and usually tipped bigger than normal just to take a light-hearted poke at the man.

Several of the arrivals make Brain quiver, and a few bubbles bloop to the top of his goo. Excellent, Pinky...you see those adventurers? They will serve our needs perfectly. They are the ideal catalyst to enact our plan...MY plan you dolt, MY PLAN! MINE MINE MINE MINE! Before the night is out, I shall make contact with these thralls, and inform them of their Greater Purpose, yes....and our plan shall come to fruition....I SAID MY PLAN PINKY! I swear to Ao I shall tie you to a barstool and leave you here for your impudence!

Pinky sits within the jar, silent as always, immobile and inert. He probably has a little something to do with why the patrons find it so easy to give in to the temptation to drop coins in Brain's jar, but if you ask him, he won't answer.

EDIT:
Active effect: Undetectable Alignment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/undetectableAlignment.htm) cast every day. Currently at CL 3.

Re'ozul
2013-08-29, 04:13 AM
Merana

Well, this had been a bust. The merchant she had thought to be crooked had simply turned out to be shrewd. On top of that he was nice to children, so now her own sense of righteousness wouldn't even let her steal from him.
So now she was in this podunk village with barely any actual gold on her. Just great, she would really have to remember to line up more than one idea at a time, especially if a target travelled a lot.

So now she had slept invisible on a tree outside the local tavern. What kind of name was "The pickled Brain" anyway? Additionally, the breakfast crowd was growing larger and more and more mouth watering smells wafted from the building. Her ring may suppress hunger and actually give her all the nutrients she needed, but damn if her appetite wasn't going full bore right now.

Sneaking into the Tavern was rather easy. She didn't even have bother with her bracelets, it was so loud.
Oh, so thats where the name comes from, kinda squicky. Weaving through the crowd she proceeds to steal a few morsels from plates as well as grabbing an unobserved glass of wine for herself. Invisibility is so damn handy.

PersonMan
2013-08-29, 06:50 AM
Saria, impatient but not wanting to appear so, turns as she waits, looking more thoroughly over the other patrons. For the first time she spots the brain in the jar - no, she remembers now. She had seen it last night, but hadn't paid it much attention. She'd been rather busy getting the shoemaker's apprentice to give her his full, undivided attention that evening. The thought brings a smile to Saria's lips and, as she turns further, she realizes that there's someone else at the table. Someone who she wasn't the type to miss. A handsome half-dragon, heritage made obvious by the scales and wings. Unfortunately clad in thick armor, but then again Saria did like the armored warrior look... Maybe a change of plans is in order here... she thinks.

"Goood morning," Saria says softly, slipping over a few seats towards the armored half-dragon. Up close, she can see that his face isn't what she expected, it's more pretty than the chiseled masculine one she had been envisioning. Her eyes flicker over him briefly, eyebrows raising slightly at the massive weapon he carries. Pushing down a comment about size and expectations, Saria decides that it's too early for such a brazen approach. He probably hadn't drunk a thing since last night. Speaking of which...

"I didn't think I could miss a wonderful sight like you...are you just passing through, or staying here longer?" She asks, smiling, bracing herself on the back of her chair with one arm. With her level of control, it's easy to make sure she's positioned just right to give him a glimpse under her blouse, without revealing too much. "Are you sure it's not hot, under that armor? I've been staying here a while and I'm pretty sure you won't be needing it here, at least not in the morning,"

Medic!
2013-08-29, 06:52 AM
Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain

A voice booms like thunder into the minds of Marane, Kaillian, Kertrilia, Sveargith, and Saria: <<I SEE YOU HAVE ACCEPTED MY SUMMONS! EXCELLENT! COME AND SIT WITH ME, WE HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS! YOU NO DOUBT WONDER WHY I HAVE SENT FOR YOU, ALL SHALL BE EXPLAINED!>>

The telepathic message includes an image of the table occupied by a scrumptious looking strumpet (OOC: Saria).

The mascot of the tavern appears suddenly in the center of the table, a quick look reveals that the mascot still appears to be on the bar at the same time for the span of an easy breath, then it flickers to nothing.

OOC:
Obviously no summons was given, feel free to call him on it, I just figured it was a good way to get us all sitting together and establish his uh....role....in this here adventure. Detection-wise I figured Telepathy and Blindsight should cover noticing everyone, if this is incorrect, please correct me!

Also, almost forgot, using Flee the Scene to Dimension Door (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dimensionDoor.htm) to the table, leaving behind a Major Image (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/majorImage.htm) of Brain on the Bar for 1 round (DC 23 will to disbelieve, if any are so inclined)
Active effects: Undetectable Alignment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/undetectableAlignment.htm)

Re'ozul
2013-08-29, 07:39 AM
Marane

A high pitched sound is barely noticable above the din of the morning crowd as Marane's glass escapes her grasp and shatters on the floor. Its been a while since someone actually had the ability to find her in this way. Luckily the voice doesn't appear to be hostile. Though the fcat that the Brain is apparently alive is certainly strange by itself. Of course right then it pulls its translocation trick.
Recognizing the same ability she can do herself, Marane's interest is piqued.

snatching some more bread and another glass of the colored water that seems to go as wine here, she moves over to the table, her thoughts still circling around the fact that she really ought to have taken that weird negation hat from the banker's collection. Oh well.

Letting her own mind go out to the floating thinker, she replies:

"Please lower your intensity. I'm guessing you don't get Mindspeakers often."

greenpotato
2013-08-29, 08:08 AM
The short elf woman casually saunters over to the table so tactfully indicated by the screaming brain. With an amused smile she looks the seated strumpet up and down before sitting "Wonderful to meet you at last darling, it's me Kertrilla" she says to the brain in the jar, and then extending her hand to the woman with the unbuttoned blouse "And you are?"

asdflove
2013-08-29, 10:07 AM
Kallian jumps when the brains voice echoes through her head, she whips around to face it's new location. She slowly comes to the table, her face still hidden by her hood. "You did not summon me, I assure you." Her voice is soft, but the words are clipped, depicting her annoyance.

PersonMan
2013-08-29, 11:45 AM
Saria grinds her teeth as people begin to gather at her table. All I wanted was some breakfast! She thinks, slumping down in her seat as they begin to pile up. Wonderful. So somehow she'd managed to end up in some meeting for...whatever this was. The brain-jar-thing hopping around...maybe it was more than a brain in a jar after all. Saria wonders if it spoke to her because of all the times she ended up dumping money in there in a drunken haze.

Then the elf woman speaks to her. Looking up at her with some suspicion, Saria shrugs and shakes the offered hand, pulling herself back up into a sitting position. "I'm Saria," she says. "If you've been here past sundown you've probably seen me around. Or heard my name through the walls," as she finishes, Saria's lips curve into a slight smile. She always loved that last bit. It never got old.

"If you don't mind my asking, what...what is this? I was hoping to eat breakfast here, before, uh, the tip jar starting shouting,"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-08-29, 05:09 PM
Sveargith was about to move back, but then she saw that the woman was trying to flirt with her. This wasn't the first time, but usually it is because that they think she is a man. "Just so you know, I am a female, but if you are okay with that, well, she smiled "lets just say a donation to Sjofn would get you a pleasurable night."

Medic!
2013-08-30, 12:06 AM
Brain

The tip-jar rattles suggestively. <<PINKY SHALL EXPLAIN WHY WE ARE GATHERED!>>

The dark shape perched somehow around the Brain in a Jar sits silently, unmoving, unresponsive, and unblinking.

PersonMan
2013-08-30, 12:08 AM
Saria's eyes widen as the half-dragon tells her that he is, in fact, she. Damn, she thinks. I'm not even drunk and I made that mistake? Talk about a rough way to start the morning...

"Ah, em, well...I normally don't do other girls, and while you do look like you could be an exception, well, I don't like to pay for my nights. It just...I can't forget it, y'know?" Saria replies, hoping that the half-dragoness isn't insulted. She's sure that, with some work, she could get over it, but...well, she'll keep it in mind if she finds herself without anyone by midnight.

Post-Brain Shout

Saria raises an eyebrow. "Are you all getting anything out of this? 'Cause I've seen weird stuff but never a head-talking jar,"

IamL
2013-08-30, 12:26 AM
Yil, Truth-Seeker
I woke up today uncharacteristically late. I wanted to make it to the town before sunrise so I could acquire the books I needed from the library as fast as possible, but I overslept, which is strange. I decided to show up at the Tagern, since the library was closed and a tavern is the next best thing. I saunter over to where a brain in a jar seems to be communicating telepathically, with a buxom woman discussing...lewd things...with a half-dragon, and a handful o others. The others in the tavern see a tall person, elf-like at first, but without the grace and poise. I am tall and thin but not lanky. My face is square, and has a few scars, as I have been in plenty of fights, but not too many, given that I tend to win them. My eyes are a stormy grey, and my head is shaved.. I am almost handsome, though my demeanor tends to offset people.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-08-30, 04:02 PM
Just before shout
"Well, I might give a girl like you a dis-" she started to say, but then her brain screeched at her "BY THE ALLFATHER BE QUIET."

Re'ozul
2013-08-30, 04:10 PM
Marane

Not one to let the chance for a good weirding-out go to waste, Marane starts broadcasting her own thoughts in reply to Saria's question, well aware of the fact that aside from the Brain no one has likely noticed her yet.

As such everyone around the table now finds themselves with yet another voice in their heads.
"It's not the weirdest thing I have ever seen, but its close."

IamL
2013-08-31, 02:55 AM
Yil, Truth-Seeker
"Eh, I've seen stranger. And I've seen the brain somewhere before...wait,
you're the one I found in my old library placing cashews on the tops of my books corresponding to the Fibbonacci sequence in their alphabetical order, whilst muttering something about how the orca whales are out to get you."
The last part of the sentence is directed towards Brain.

asdflove
2013-08-31, 06:34 PM
She scoffs, and starts to turn away.

qwertyu63
2013-08-31, 08:25 PM
Suddenly, the bartender shouts over at Kaillian. "Ma'am, there's a rule." He then points at one of a number of signs on the wall. The sign reads [NO HOODS IN THE BAR.].

asdflove
2013-08-31, 08:46 PM
"Hmmph. That is a ridiculous rule and I- uh... A-alright sir..." Kallian pulls her hood down, keeping her head ducked, so her pale blue hair falls in her face.

Re'ozul
2013-09-01, 06:27 AM
Marane

Looking up at the Bartender's shout, Marane can't help but smile.
After all, she isn't wearing a hood. And she doesn't see a "No Invisibility" sign anywhere.

qwertyu63
2013-09-01, 07:10 AM
And she doesn't see a "No Invisibility" sign anywhere.

Actually, she does see such a sign.

Re'ozul
2013-09-01, 07:11 AM
Actually, she does see such a sign.

No she doesn't, LALALALA

Medic!
2013-09-04, 07:47 AM
Braiiiiiins

Provoked by Yil, a spoon from a nearby bowl drifts into the air and shakes threateningly at him seemingly of its own accord. A voice booms inside his head <<PREPOSTEROUS ACCUSATION! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!>>

The spoon jabs him in the chest, punctuating the telepathic remark.

PersonMan
2013-09-04, 03:06 PM
Saria isn't sure how to respond to a jar challenging a man to a duel, so instead she tries to cut to the center of...well, whatever was going on. A normal person would be leaving now, normally she'd try and leave because of the lack of, well, good reasons to stay. There was no one especially handsome (apart from the half-dragoness who unfortunately turned out to be someone who wanted coin rather than drink before bed) around and none of them had mentioned what it was even about, so...

"Uh-huh. Well you can spoon him later, for now I'm curious, Jar, as to why you decided to do all this in the first place. Or, well, why whoever controls you decided to," Saria shrugs, not sure if this is some kind of animated servant or a being of its own. It would be kinda creepy if the tip jar was alive. Makes her glad she didn't accept the bet to see if she could pilfer the thing. Bringing it upstairs might have insulted it, and Saria realizes that if it can see them now...well, it would have seen what she did up there later. Not exactly a pleasant thought.

IamL
2013-09-12, 02:52 PM
Yil, Truth-Seeker
"Well, he didn't actually gather any of us here. He just likes to think he's important."

Medic!
2013-09-13, 02:36 PM
Please don't make change in the tip jar

The spoon drops abruptly to the table with a clatter. A curt message sounds inside Yil's mind, <<We are no longer speaking.>>

The brain remains silent as bubbles bloop and pop inside its jar.

IamL
2013-09-13, 03:06 PM
Yil, truth-seeker
Finished with the conversation, I deecide to have a look around. I mutter a few words, then scan the room.
Casting True Seeing, then taking 20 on Spot and Listen, for a total of 26.
Oh, yeah, also: taking 10 on Knowledge (arcana) for knowledge of Brain's creature type, for a total of 33. [roll]
I then remember a social custom, apologizing after affending somebody.
I speak to Brain.
"I'm sorry."

qwertyu63
2013-09-13, 03:48 PM
Yil, truth-seeker
Finished with the conversation, I deecide to have a look around. I mutter a few words, then scan the room.
Casting True Seeing, then taking 20 on Spot and Listen, for a total of 26.
Oh, yeah, also: taking 10 on Knowledge (arcana) for knowledge of Brain's creature type, for a total of 33. [roll]
I then remember a social custom, apologizing after affending somebody.
I speak to Brain.
"I'm sorry."

There is nothing for true seeing to reveal (that I know of, another player might have something).

asdflove
2013-09-17, 07:56 PM
Kallian sighs. "Perhaps I will just travel through the night to get to the next village." She starts to leave.

IamL
2013-09-17, 08:48 PM
Yil, Truth-Seeker
"Wait. You seem to be carrying a great number of tomes, I was wondering if you knew of any places near or in a library I could hole up in for a while to sort a few things out. I am Yil, by the way."

asdflove
2013-09-18, 06:06 AM
She stops. "I'm sorry, but I can not say I do. I happen to carry a large number of books with me because I enjoy reading. These all belong to me." She smiles apologeticly at him. "I wish I could help, Yil. I suppose I should intoduce myself, I am ... Kali."

IamL
2013-09-18, 08:40 AM
Yil, truth-seeker
Hrm...I'd better search my memory for a few places I could stay.
Knowledge(local) check: [roll0]
Knowledge(religion) check (for temples to my god in the region): [roll1]

"Hrm...thanks anyways. I also enjoy reading, that's the best way to collect information, after all. I'm looking for anywhere in the area I could find an information hub besides this tavern. As you can tell, I'm not very charismatically inclined, and, while I can do a search for information, I'm likely to ruffle feathers around here. Do you want to join up?"
EDIT: AAnd...the natural twenty on my knowledge(local) check. Hell, I probably know this place better than the people who grew up here. Why am I asking someone else? :smalltongue:

asdflove
2013-09-18, 09:54 AM
You're asking someone who's total Knowledge (Local) bonus is +8. I only have 1 rank in it.
She glances at the brain, her gaze sharp, then back to Yil. "I would gladly travel with you. You seem far more mild mannered and intelligent than some people here and it does get lonely only traveling with Asteria." She pauses. "Cats don't bother you, right?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-09-18, 03:03 PM
Sveargith decided to throw herself into the conversation "If you need a cleric, I'm up for joining up with you. Whether it be as a Sacred Courtesan of Sjofn or a Wapriest of Odin, I can be quite an aid."

Re'ozul
2013-09-18, 03:15 PM
Marane

Unaware that one of the group can now see her, Marane continues to simply listen. It seems these people are coalescing into a travelling group. And really, she no longer has any reason to really stay here with the latest disappointment.

For everyone on and around the table the second mind-voice suddenly returns.

"If you do not mind I could accompany you as well. Consider the fact that I am still hidden to you a show of my abilities."

@ Yil
Since you have True seeing on, you can actually see a smallish butterfly-winged female with green hair and yellow eyes of a snake standing ooposite you at the table. Due to her size her head is barely above the tabletop and she is resting her chin atop it, looking rather bored.

asdflove
2013-09-18, 03:57 PM
"I can channel the divine, but I suppose another is always helpful, though I must inquire, why are we forming a group? Is there some force to oppose that I am not aware of, or are all of you just that bored?" She frowns, her brow furrowed.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-09-18, 04:07 PM
"I personally have no goal in mind, but that doesn't mean one won't come to us if we are forming a group. Otherwise we might as well head to the next town together."

Re'ozul
2013-09-18, 04:10 PM
Marane

The flighty mind-voice returns.

"Put me down for being incredibly bored."

PersonMan
2013-09-18, 04:12 PM
"Hmmph," Saria says, as the voice mentions staying hidden. "That's not hard at all,"

For effect, she stands up, then crouches behind her chair...then disappears.

Juvenile one-upmanship, go!

Hide: [roll0]

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-09-18, 04:19 PM
for a 20 [roll0] spot

Sveargith looks around and after not seeing Saria, she says "Impressive."

Re'ozul
2013-09-18, 04:22 PM
Mirana

"Indeed. I can still sense your mind, but my eyes are belying your presence. You have my respect for your abilities."

IamL
2013-09-18, 04:27 PM
Yil, truth-seeker
"No, I don't mind cats. I used to take care of one, in fact. Anyways, I think I recall a location I could go to. Anybody who wishes to come with me may do so, even yoi, with the foolish invisibility act, which you can drop now.
As I say the last part, I point directly to Marane.

Re'ozul
2013-09-18, 04:54 PM
Marane

Surprised that one of them can suddenly see her, Marane does as asked, then pouts as she finally speaks audibly.

"Not really foolish if you need magic to see through it."

IamL
2013-09-18, 05:36 PM
Yil, truth-seeker
"True enough, though 'tis indeed childish. You have no reason to hide here; if you did, you'd be someplace other than a hub of people where there's a higher likelihood of somebody having some form of magical detection. Anyway, I must be off. All that wish to go may come with me."
I smile, stand, and move to leave.

asdflove
2013-09-23, 03:58 PM
"Alright... Perhaps we should get going, then?"

IamL
2013-09-23, 09:04 PM
Yil, Truth-Seeker
"Yes. We'd best be going."
I leave. After about fifteen paces (a step with each foot), I say, to those following me,
"We're headed to the temple of the healing godess. Even though I have no personal ties, temples of healing are generally accepting of those in need, and also generally get along well with knowledge god worshippers. It'd be a good spot to hole up for a few days to re-collect myself, maybe scribe some new spells in my books, and form a plan. Since you guys followed me; I suppose I owe you some exposition: I am an information broker, collecter, protecter, and giver of knowledge, and follower of Vor. I am a skilled illusionist. I put up wards very carefully, which is what concerns me about the people that ransacked my home when I was gone for research. I was later attacked by assassins and mercenaries, which is why I'm here, trying to fogure everything out."

asdflove
2013-10-06, 11:56 AM
"You are a follower of Vor? Interesting. I am as well."

IamL
2013-10-06, 03:21 PM
I continue walking towards the temple.

Re'ozul
2013-10-09, 04:59 PM
Marane

Looking back and forth between the ones leaving and the rest, she comes to a decision and throws some silver pieces on the table, before contacting the brain.

"So, you wanna come? And should I carry you, or are you going to teleport after us?"

asdflove
2013-10-13, 08:55 AM
We get there, with the others in tow, or not. (Where is everyone?)

IamL
2013-10-16, 09:43 AM
I dunno. I've been kinda waiting for the DM.

qwertyu63
2013-10-16, 10:01 AM
When you reach the small church, you discover it to be on fire. The various people inside are running out in terror.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-10-16, 12:40 PM
Sveargith's jaw opens. "By the gods."

Re'ozul
2013-10-17, 01:22 PM
Marane

"Oh all layers of hell."
Putting the brain's jar on the ground, she zooms forward into the burning building, trying to see if she can make out anyone in need of rescuing, children first.

Mindsight allows for quick determining.
Spot nonetheless: [roll0]
Swift action to enter Hunter's sense and gain scent.

IamL
2013-10-17, 05:02 PM
Seeing Marane swoop into action, I decide to take stock of the situation.
I move towards the fire, but not quite into it.
My hands glow a divine blue as my lips form the words to the spell.
Summon Water as close to the center of the fire as I can.
I then move to see any magical auras the fire or those around it might have.
I cast Detect Magic

Spellcraft (if required): [roll0]
Knowledge (arcana) (if required): [roll1]

qwertyu63
2013-10-17, 06:06 PM
There is no-one left inside.

A few of the people fleeing have a magic periapt, and the leader has a magic mace of some kind. The periapts are moderate transmutation and the mace is moderate conjuration. You also see some faint conjuration auras in the pockets of bags of some people.

IamL
2013-11-21, 03:22 PM
Yil, Truth-seeker
I walk up to what appears to be the leader.
"What caused the fire? And what can I do to help?"