PDA

View Full Version : Bionicle RPG?

kreenlover
2013-08-28, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know of any good, well thought out, non-freeform Bionicle RPGs?
I found this (http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=123) but it is really freeform, and requires lots of GM adjudication. When you don't have a good GM that gets hard.

For those who don't know bionicle I am talking about the long running Lego series.

Does this exist at all? or is it something that fans will forever dream about and never have?

The Dark Fiddler
2013-08-28, 10:44 PM
I've been proven wrong before when I've said this, but I'll say it anyway and be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong: I seriously doubt such an RPG exists, either professionally licensed or amateur homebrew. That said, if you could share what you want out of such an RPG, we might be able to recommend one that could do a good job!

kreenlover
2013-08-29, 08:25 AM
I'll probably just end up using Fate, as that works pretty well for this, but I was hoping that there was something official (or homebrew but well thought out)

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-08-30, 09:28 AM
Not official, and Fate could be fun. The Marvel Heroic RPG also handles some of the power throwdown (as I recall) pretty well.

That...takes me back so far.

kreenlover
2013-08-30, 09:34 AM
The mention of Bionicle? Oh I know. I found my old Tahu Mata in a bin the other day, and thats what started my new found obsession with bionicles again.

But so much nostalgia.

Nepenthe
2013-08-31, 03:50 PM
Oh man, a Bionicle (Or Hero Factory) RPG could be amazing! Especially if character creation involved using a point-buy for actual pieces to construct your physical character, and with stats and abilities based on which pieces you used... Someone contact Lego right away!

kreenlover
2013-08-31, 04:02 PM
Oh, man. That would be just amazing. We are trying to get a Bionicle game up and running via PBP, mind if we maybe use that idea?

(also, if anyone wants to join, we need one more player link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300418&page=2))

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-31, 04:19 PM
I don't remember that much about the Bionicle mythos, but off the top of my head, I'd recommend Mutants and Masterminds (www.d20herosrd.com). It's got massive flexibility in character creation, without relying on either giant lists of abilities (GURPS) or loose definitions (FATE). My memory is that Toa were basically elemental-themed fantasy superheroes, so a superhero system seems like the best bet.

Nepenthe
2013-08-31, 08:32 PM
We are trying to get a Bionicle game up and running via PBP, mind if we maybe use that idea?
Go for it. Sadly, I do not have the time for a PbP.