PDA

View Full Version : Building up a Fear Wizard in Pathfinder

Cyanide
2013-08-28, 04:12 PM
It is with a heavy heart that I bother you with a request that you may find somewhat weird.

I had cooked up a build for a 3.5 campaign, I intended to mix up wizard, nightmare spinner (complete scoundrel) and dread witch (heroes of horror).
I'm pretty intrigued by the fear=power theme and I had already prepared a good background, and those two prestige classes were absolutely -perfect-

Problem is, our DM has decided we're going to switch to Pathfinder, and since none of those two prcs exists in pathfinder I'm left in a pretty bad position, as saying that my knowledge of the pathfinder system (feats, prcs and all) is limited would be a paragon of understatement.

Now, can anyone give me some advice on how to find something in pathfinder that would get as close as possible to my original build?
I gave a quick look and as of now, the best options seem either Enchanter wizard or Illusionist (phantasm), the phantasm being the closest, although its special powers are kind of underwhelming.

Thank you all in advance for the tips

JusticeZero
2013-08-28, 04:19 PM
In the Psionics section, check out the Dread class. 3/4 manifesting mid BAB gishy class specialized in fear and triggering extra effects off of it.

Cyanide
2013-08-28, 04:37 PM
In the Psionics section, check out the Dread class. 3/4 manifesting mid BAB gishy class specialized in fear and triggering extra effects off of it.

Thanks, I'll check that out.
I preferred to keep Wizard as the base class, but if that wasn't possible, well, psionics could be a good choice.